News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 05, 2016, 06:27:46 PM
I just clocked a Crimson OmniLink (702*) going down Bordesley Green Road (BY perhaps ?!)

Dead route back to garage from Heartlands Hospital

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: John on March 05, 2016, 06:29:48 PM
Dead route back to garage from Heartlands Hospital

I seen it by the college not to far off BY. I've spent a lot of time around the area and I'm used to seeing red/ white OmniLinks heading to BY but just surprised to see a Crimson bus
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Wilko52

4821 is now finished, I do love the grey
North Circular  68C

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Wilko52 on March 06, 2016, 07:48:41 PM
4821 is now finished, I do love the grey

I'm not fond of it myself but I have not seen it yet with my own eyes.

John

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 06, 2016, 07:53:51 PM
I'm not fond of it myself but I have not seen it yet with my own eyes.

It looks better than in the pictures. It looks slightly more silver than grey I think

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: John on March 06, 2016, 07:58:58 PM
It looks better than in the pictures. It looks slightly more silver than grey I think

I find myself becoming more and more uninterested with this type of branding. The branding that was on the red/ white livery was good because it blended with the livery as well whereas this just seems to have a route number on the side and something on the front. Personal viewpoint of course

CL

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 06, 2016, 08:12:40 PM
I find myself becoming more and more uninterested with this type of branding. The branding that was on the red/ white livery was good because it blended with the livery as well whereas this just seems to have a route number on the side and something on the front. Personal viewpoint of course
I agree with the most-part; the new branding is becoming a little bland. Don't get me wrong, it complements the new livery nicely, and there are some pretty great ones out there, like the Coventry 11/11U/12X one - one of the eyecatchers/aesthetically pleasing, I believe - but on the other side of the spectrum, is the 101, imo... I just wished there could have been something more extravagant for promoting the JQ, like a graphic of a ring/diamond perhaps? "Jewllery Qtr" doesn't so much justice, for me. In addition to my nit-picking remarks; the overall look of the branding makes me feel as if they struggled to squeeze three digits onto the branding; makes for an awkward size comparison, compared to the one digit branding (ie 7 or the 9). Sorry, off on a tangent there. ::) :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: clayderman on March 06, 2016, 11:41:34 PM
I agree with the most-part; the new branding is becoming a little bland. Don't get me wrong, it complements the new livery nicely, and there are some pretty great ones out there, like the Coventry 11/11U/12X one - one of the eyecatchers/aesthetically pleasing, I believe - but on the other side of the spectrum, is the 101, imo... I just wished there could have been something more extravagant for promoting the JQ, like a graphic of a ring/diamond perhaps? "Jewllery Qtr" doesn't so much justice, for me. In addition to my nit-picking remarks; the overall look of the branding makes me feel as if they struggled to squeeze three digits onto the branding; makes for an awkward size comparison, compared to the one digit branding (ie 7 or the 9). Sorry, off on a tangent there. ::) :P

I agree with it complimenting the livery as the font and colour scheme is good but I think not enough of the bus is branded if that makes sense ? Take for example the Sutton buses, they're typically branded on the front and on the sides above the driver cab window but the navy colour also extends to were white and red meet. The rear of the bus is also good as it shows destinations and the 97 branded Tridents have the nice images of a plane to advertise the airport.

CL

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 07, 2016, 12:21:21 AM
I agree with it complimenting the livery as the font and colour scheme is good but I think not enough of the bus is branded if that makes sense ? Take for example the Sutton buses, they're typically branded on the front and on the sides above the driver cab window but the navy colour also extends to were white and red meet. The rear of the bus is also good as it shows destinations and the 97 branded Tridents have the nice images of a plane to advertise the airport.
I understand. Yeah, and even on the first version of the 97 branding, if you will, had the NEC logo! ::) Of course, discussing the new branding on crimson is all well and good - but we do have branded Platinums too, and I think these are miles better. You've got graphics (airplanes on the 900), route maps (934,5,6,7) and skylines (997/X51) - though I suppose these are graphics also - but my point was there's such a variety of eyecatchers. Don't get me wrong, the colours selected for crimson branding is eyecatching enough; I mean, kudos to NX for uniformality - but I find it boring now. Grey doesn't help.

CL

4245 is my ride home on the 101. A little chuffed; great bus on a breezy afternoon.  8)

Wolverhampton Veg 😎

John

Quote from: 900 on March 08, 2016, 11:59:17 AM
2 omnicitys on the 16

4697 and 4778

Also 4252, 4283 and another B7TL

Ossie

4779 working the 914 today, first time I've seen one on that route in a while .....

monkeyjoe

Anything interesting happening at PB yet????

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Ossie on March 15, 2016, 04:49:00 PM
4779 working the 914 today, first time I've seen one on that route in a while .....

Omnicity's usually work late night 914's. However it is unusual to get one on the 914 in the day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk