News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Is there a Scania Double decker at Keltruck near junction 1 of the M5. Sure I saw one hiding behind a Megabus coach in the yard. I have seen Omnilinks there too in the past, are they a Scania dealer?

Stu

Quote from: j789 on June 24, 2015, 06:50:38 PM
Is there a Scania Double decker at Keltruck near junction 1 of the M5. Sure I saw one hiding behind a Megabus coach in the yard. I have seen Omnilinks there too in the past, are they a Scania dealer?

Yes, they are a Scania dealer:
http://www.keltruck.com/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

j789

Quote from: Stu on June 24, 2015, 06:55:49 PM
Yes, they are a Scania dealer:
http://www.keltruck.com/

Handy having a dealership so close, I guess they go there for warranty repairs then. Was there a reason for NXWM only purchasing such a low number of Scania deckers as they are lovely buses, and they bought a fair few Omnilinks. Were they more expensive than the E400s?

Trident 4194

Quote from: j789 on June 24, 2015, 07:04:28 PM
Handy having a dealership so close, I guess they go there for warranty repairs then. Was there a reason for NXWM only purchasing such a low number of Scania deckers as they are lovely buses, and they bought a fair few Omnilinks. Were they more expensive than the E400s?

I agree, however Tony said from a drivers perspective they weren't very nice to drive

MW

@John I don't suppose you had 4501 on the 907 did you?

John

Quote from: MW on June 26, 2015, 07:48:43 PM
@John I don't suppose you had 4501 on the 907 did you?

Yes I did this afternoon  8)

MW

Quote from: John on June 26, 2015, 07:49:08 PM
Yes I did this afternoon  8)

Did you see 4523 pass you by any chance?

John

Quote from: MW on June 26, 2015, 07:50:03 PM

By Newtown Baths NIS?

MW

Quote from: John on June 26, 2015, 07:52:21 PM
By Newtown Baths NIS

Yeah that was me. When that ambulance came trying to get past lol

John

Quote from: MW on June 26, 2015, 07:53:07 PM
Yeah that was me. When that ambulance came trying to get past lol

Why did you think that was me? I guess you started as an 11C in Perry Barr  ;)

MW

Quote from: John on June 26, 2015, 08:02:13 PM
Why did you think that was me? I guess you started as an 11C in Perry Barr  ;)

Literally was chancing it.
Was in the bus lane, seen a 907, and thought I wonder, hence why I slowed down next to your bus lol.

Yeah went to Perry Barr, 11A(11E) to Acocks Green.

Oh wait did you see me go right at the roundabout? I went to the Witton/Villa Ground roundabout to turn around as the timing point is at the other side in the stop between Perry Barr roundabout at Wellhead Lane/Road.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: MW on June 26, 2015, 08:08:53 PM
Literally was chancing it.
Was in the bus lane, seen a 907, and thought I wonder, hence why I slowed down next to your bus lol.

Yeah went to Perry Barr, 11A(11E) to Acocks Green.

Oh wait did you see me go right at the roundabout? I went to the Witton/Villa Ground roundabout to turn around as the timing point is at the other side in the stop between Perry Barr roundabout at Wellhead Lane/Road.

what time was the ambulance? I was on newtown row in traffic this evening and an ambuilance came behind and some #### in a transit van followed it through the traffic down the gap everyone made for the ambulance!

Then as I got to Lancaster circus 4877 was broken down in the middle of the road!

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 26, 2015, 09:47:25 PM
what time was the ambulance? I was on newtown row in traffic this evening and an ambuilance came behind and some #### in a transit van followed it through the traffic down the gap everyone made for the ambulance!

Then as I got to Lancaster circus 4877 was broken down in the middle of the road!

Around half 5ish, by Newtown baths heading towards Perry Barr

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on June 26, 2015, 09:54:10 PM
Around half 5ish, by Newtown baths heading towards Perry Barr

yeah that's probably the same one, think it was an Octavia ambulance? but I was by Lancaster at that point just after the hump back bridge. I couldn't believe the transit followed it through the traffic

MrBevan2000

Quote from: MW on June 26, 2015, 07:50:03 PM
You passed me too! I remember seeing 4523!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk