News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul82

4890 now has a maroon band and a 21 branded Enviro has acquired an orange band.

JoNi

Quite a few 21s have got orange stripes now leaving only bendy buses on 4 to be done.

A couple more names have appeared but still only on branded buses:

4833 Kelly Louise
4890 Peggy

Rob H

4451 passed through Sheldon this morning heading back to Coventry @ 10:41
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

t.w.moore

I have been photographing some of the names buses in Coventry, in preparation for a topic for my Coventry album, and I see, Susan,Rhiannon,Ava Rose, Una, and Kelly Louise. What on earth is the reason for this, surely the fleet number is the all-important identification mark.

We enthusiasts might say in conversation, I had a great ride on 4830 into the city last night, the driver did'nt ar'f put his foot down... so would it now be correct to say instead..I had a a great ride  on Kelly Louise into the city last night, the driver did'nt half put his foot down. Just a thought.

JoNi

Apologies:

4840 is Peggy
4890 is Grace Marie.

Blame Eddie Stobart for starting it by naming his trucks with the names of his drivers children.

JPC

Route changes from 31st August:

- Truncated to operate between Chapelfields and Walsgrave (Brade Drive loop), to improve reliability and allow a simplified timetable.
- The recently introduced morning inbound journeys will no longer run, however most morning outbound journeys "extend" to Willenhall then operate as 21, relevant through travel permitted. ::)

Solo1

Wonder when the new envrios on 13 service
going to be put out in service

Ashley

Quote from: Solo1 on August 16, 2014, 10:12:18 AM

When they're delivered, taxed and ready for service in the coming weeks

winston

Quote from: Ashley on August 16, 2014, 10:22:19 AM
Quote from: Solo1 on August 16, 2014, 10:12:18 AM

When they're delivered, taxed and ready for service in the coming weeks

4983-4985 are already at Coventry garage, 4986/7 were also sighted on the M6 yesterday on delivery. You may find they'll be out a lot quicker than weeks, more likely days.

Ben

1594 is just broke down in corperation street on  5.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on August 15, 2014, 10:16:02 PM

- Truncated to operate between Chapelfields and Walsgrave (Brade Drive loop), to improve reliability and allow a simplified timetable.
- The recently introduced morning inbound journeys will no longer run, however most morning outbound journeys "extend" to Willenhall then operate as 21, relevant through travel permitted. ::)

That ends the Tile Hill - Broad Lane - Allesley Park part of the 1. I suppose loadings weren't that great on that section. Is Narberth Way [I'm assuming the 1 travels in one direction there] still being covered?

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 16, 2014, 01:32:11 PM
Quote from: JPC on August 15, 2014, 10:16:02 PM

That ends the Tile Hill - Broad Lane - Allesley Park part of the 1. I suppose loadings weren't that great on that section. Is Narberth Way [I'm assuming the 1 travels in one direction there] still being covered?

The remaining full length of route 1 will remain the same as far as I'm aware.

Ben

I'm still confused about service 1.
Please bear me with me as I'm not sure how to explain this...
---------------------------------------
At first glance, having never seen this new timetable before, I was tricked into believing that the 1 will not serve Greyswood avenue heading towards the university hospital; i.e that the buses would only unload there for passengers, and then restarting the return service in chapelfields* because the stop (Greyswood turning circle) is not listed at the top, for the 'towards university hospital'

The above is a strange situation granted but I'm only saying what I inferred on first glance

On second glance, I noticed that the timings would imply that Greyswood avenue turning circle would be served normally as it has been, e.g 'in both directions' (although now as a true terminus).

Could this be a ploy by NX to make the 1 look as if you cannot board at the turning circle, to discourage patronage**? An elderly person (for example) might think that the stop is not listed as an 'outbound' stop (e.g towards Uni hospital) and therefore not get the bus, not realising that the timings imply the stop is served completely (Obviously with exception to the specific shorter journeys), as I noticed on my second glance.

While this may just be an error of not including Greyswood at the top of the timetable, the fact that this could fool people (intentionally or not) really isn't fair.

I am considering contacting National Express to bring this to their attention, unless my understanding is flawed.

Any thoughts?

**Patronage is obviously low anyway, so NX seem to me as if they want to make further cuts to the service.

*Side question: Which stop is the Chapelfields timing point? Chapelfields covers a large portion of the Allesley Old Road, and then Queensland Avenue.

JPC

Quote from: Ben on August 16, 2014, 06:26:32 PM
I'm still confused about service 1.
Please bear me with me as I'm not sure how to explain this...
---------------------------------------
At first glance, having never seen this new timetable before, I was tricked into believing that the 1 will not serve Greyswood avenue heading towards the university hospital; i.e that the buses would only unload there for passengers, and then restarting the return service in chapelfields* because the stop (Greyswood turning circle) is not listed at the top, for the 'towards university hospital'

The above is a strange situation granted but I'm only saying what I inferred on first glance

On second glance, I noticed that the timings would imply that Greyswood avenue turning circle would be served normally as it has been, e.g 'in both directions' (although now as a true terminus).

Could this be a ploy by NX to make the 1 look as if you cannot board at the turning circle, to discourage patronage**? An elderly person (for example) might think that the stop is not listed as an 'outbound' stop (e.g towards Uni hospital) and therefore not get the bus, not realising that the timings imply the stop is served completely (Obviously with exception to the specific shorter journeys), as I noticed on my second glance.

While this may just be an error of not including Greyswood at the top of the timetable, the fact that this could fool people (intentionally or not) really isn't fair.

I am considering contacting National Express to bring this to their attention, unless my understanding is flawed.

Any thoughts?

**Patronage is obviously low anyway, so NX seem to me as if they want to make further cuts to the service.

*Side question: Which stop is the Chapelfields timing point? Chapelfields covers a large portion of the Allesley Old Road, and then Queensland Avenue.

Straight to the point : "Chapelfields" and "Grayswood Turning Circle" refers to the same terminus/bus stop at Grayswood Avenue/Westbury Road junction - I agree it's wrong having two names for one location.
This is a Centro supported service so changes are surely under their agreement and another factor would be two thirds of the bus stops on the withdrawn section has a more frequent service 360 linking direct to the hospital.

Ben

Quote from: JPC on August 17, 2014, 10:43:16 AM
Straight to the point : "Chapelfields" and "Grayswood Turning Circle" refers to the same terminus/bus stop at Grayswood Avenue/Westbury Road junction - I agree it's wrong having two names for one location.
This is a Centro supported service so changes are surely under their agreement and another factor would be two thirds of the bus stops on the withdrawn section has a more frequent service 360 linking direct to the hospital.
Thanks for clarification regarding the stop, I hope National Express have the foresight to correct that.

I can see it made sense for being shortened, and I always found it interesting how the 1 and the 360 share multiple sections of their routes.

Kind Regards,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk