News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

Annnd what would it be called lol, "enthusirider" is my nomination lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

danny

Was on VIP 81 and was shocked that the driver would inform the passanger that a pass/tickets was not valid but would say carry on, the 81 is a tendered servicw so is this not losing someone revenue, its not like these people had no other option, for someone that folks out £62 a month for the benifit of a nbus i am puzzled

BU07 LGO

VIP are dodgy, the standard of driving from some drivers is truly shocking

danny

Tell ?e about it dodgy shortcuts scrapping a car this guy did it all

BU07 LGO

Quote from: danny on September 03, 2012, 08:16:56 PM
Tell ?e about it dodgy shortcuts scrapping a car this guy did it all

One of them tried to bully his way through on my side of the road so i stopped and had a mini stand off and he had to try and reverse!

danny

Lmao i would of paid good money to see this

PM

Me too.... but theyre dodgy on the 99 as talking to one of NXWM's fantastic drivers on this route and he said that theyre dodgy drivers but that a few people do actually catch them

fleetline6477

I have heard other drivers on other operators telling people a ticket / pass is not valid but allowing them to travel, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they genuinely didn't know - I guess it is different than on a routes like 50, 16 where different operators run.

As far as driving standards go I have used VIP twice on the 99 and once on the 101 and on each occasion the drivers were great. I guess most operators have their dodgy drivers - I have ridden with a few over the years. Two of the worst for rudeness to passengers are the main regular drivers on GRS and some of the Travel Express and Thandi Company driver standards of driving are very questionable. I seem to remember A2Z and AMPM had some excellent and some awful drivers!

John

One VIP bus I saw on the 966, instead of following the route from the Airport to Solihull, had come straight down the Coventry Road to Sheldon and turned onto Hob's Moat Road to head to Solihull, following the 71 route, with people on board.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: John-s-91 on September 04, 2012, 10:22:25 AM
One VIP bus I saw on the 966, instead of following the route from the Airport to Solihull, had come straight down the Coventry Road to Sheldon and turned onto Hob's Moat Road to head to Solihull, following the 71 route, with people on board.

A month or so ago it was a diversion also used by NXWM due to a chemical spillage on Damson Parkway. So it could have been this or was it more recently?

John

Quote from: neale95 on September 04, 2012, 10:38:55 AM
A month or so ago it was a diversion also used by NXWM due to a chemical spillage on Damson Parkway. So it could have been this or was it more recently?

It was a bit before that I think. I did think that a road might be shut but the NXWM 966 was still going to route.

dayvid

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 03, 2012, 09:25:30 PM
I have heard other drivers on other operators telling people a ticket / pass is not valid but allowing them to travel, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they genuinely didn't know - I guess it is different than on a routes like 50, 16 where different operators run.

As far as driving standards go I have used VIP twice on the 99 and once on the 101 and on each occasion the drivers were great. I guess most operators have their dodgy drivers - I have ridden with a few over the years. Two of the worst for rudeness to passengers are the main regular drivers on GRS and some of the Travel Express and Thandi Company driver standards of driving are very questionable. I seem to remember A2Z and AMPM had some excellent and some awful drivers!

We have good and bad drivers in every company, just seems the norm on this forum to belittle and bad mouth the smaller operators on here.

vinh1000

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 03, 2012, 09:25:30 PM

VIP hit and miss really as to which driver you get
Though the GRS travel driver was so rude to passengers the other week regarding the stop button
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Nathan4775

off topic a little but do VIP operate certain 99 journeys in the daytime ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk