News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

express services on main roads out of brum

Started by danny, April 28, 2012, 09:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

First topic created, does anyone else share the opinion that all the main roads out of Birmingham should have some sort of limited/express service with high quality buses, as of yet I can think of the sutton lines serving the aston expressway, the 997/935/952 serving Perry bar, the 900 for the coventry road and x62/x64 for bristol road, anyone feel the need for an express on the dudley rd or hagley and wolverhampton roads, or has it ever been tried.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

winston

Yes, its altready been discussed

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=117.0

Quote from: danny on April 28, 2012, 09:44:07 PM
First topic created, does anyone else share the opinion that all the main roads out of Birmingham should have some sort of limited/express service with high quality buses, as of yet I can think of the sutton lines serving the aston expressway, the 997/935/952 serving Perry bar, the 900 for the coventry road and x62/x64 for bristol road, anyone feel the need for an express on the dudley rd or hagley and wolverhampton roads, or has it ever been tried.

Nathan4775

Quote from: danny on April 28, 2012, 09:44:07 PM

Definitley for the Dudley Road e.g. X82
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

D10

Or maybe an X87 would be better? Running from Birmingham and serving main stops at: City Hospital-Cape Hill-Smethwick-Galton Bridge Station-Oldbury-Tividale-Burnt Tree-Dudley.

Definitely some potential there I am sure.

I think either that, or make the 89 limited stop between Cape Hill and Birmingham, and create an X89E that runs between Cape Hill and Birmingham On Sundays and evenings

Quote from: D10 on April 29, 2012, 11:20:57 AM
Or maybe an X87 would be better? Running from Birmingham and serving main stops at: City Hospital-Cape Hill-Smethwick-Galton Bridge Station-Oldbury-Tividale-Burnt Tree-Dudley.

Gareth

If my memory is correct, then I'm sure there was a peak time 914 City - Tile Cross. Don't think it lasted very long.

monkeyjoe

I remember a night bus 914, never a limited stop variant. When was that

Nathan4775

Quote from: D10 on April 29, 2012, 11:20:57 AM

That could bring in some new passangers
My Flickr;

Gareth

This was different to the 914N. Lynx operated, so maybe 10-15 years ago? Will have to do a little research, its bugging me now that Ive forgotten so much. Im sure it was very short lived!

danny

If a company were to bring back some of these older services, or indeed create new ones, I think an image needs to be created, the problem I find with the limited stop services of current is they have no real image nxwm for example, they should introduce a distinct livery defying these quality services from the local routes, if customers are atracted to the service they will make money back on an overhaul of the express fleet and see a healthy profit, basicallly image and reliabilty are the key to making these services work.

Nathan4775

Quote from: danny on April 30, 2012, 12:37:17 AM
If a company were to bring back some of these older services, or indeed create new ones, I think an image needs to be created, the problem I find with the limited stop services of current is they have no real image nxwm for example, they should introduce a distinct livery defying these quality services from the local routes, if customers are atracted to the service they will make money back on an overhaul of the express fleet and see a healthy profit, basicallly image and reliabilty are the key to making these services work.

But you got to think when branding limited stop routes buses not all can be branded becuase some of them buses may have to be used on non-limited stop routes ;D. Thats the only problem 8)

But on a high note that would be an amazing IDEA to be quite honest
My Flickr;

monkeyjoe

They used to do it and call them "Timesaver". Quite a while ago.

danny

Thanks nathen and how long ago did timesaver run i've seen pics but dont remember them.

monkeyjoe

danny

Fair do's I remember the coach seated metrobuses in standard livery, personal view best mcw's in fleet, the blue and gold livery of the 80's certainly would of made them @tand out still think it could be a  worth while investment,  who knows lol  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk