News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

express services on main roads out of brum

Started by danny, April 28, 2012, 09:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: 4504 on May 06, 2012, 07:04:28 PM
Well I suppose it still is the fastest bus from Dudley to Merry Hill, it's express between Woodside and Dudley

Quote from: wilmotm on May 06, 2012, 02:00:32 PM

Well from Woodside to Dudley is less than half a mile if that, and even then it still stops along Queen's Cross by Spring Parklands, the Mosque, ASDA and then Plaza Mall, and I'm sure there's a few stops in the Woodside estate. Really, I would like to see a bus, maybe not the X96 but something else just literally go from Dudley Bus Station to Merry Hill without a single stop in between as many people go to Dudley Bus Station to then make their way to Merry Hill. This would work especially well around Christmas time for example. This I feel really would encourage a few people onto the buses, perhaps almost a Park and Ride system, make use of Birmingham Street carpark, especially as Merry Hill car park gets very busy and with the impending Brierley Hill review a few bus lanes and priorities really would make travelling by non-stop bus to Merry Hill much quicker than the car

Nathan4775

what about an X95 OR X97
Quote from: wilmotm on May 06, 2012, 10:58:40 PM
Well I suppose it still is the fastest bus from Dudley to Merry Hill, it's express between Woodside and Dudley

Well from Woodside to Dudley is less than half a mile if that, and even then it still stops along Queen's Cross by Spring Parklands, the Mosque, ASDA and then Plaza Mall, and I'm sure there's a few stops in the Woodside estate. Really, I would like to see a bus, maybe not the X96 but something else just literally go from Dudley Bus Station to Merry Hill without a single stop in between as many people go to Dudley Bus Station to then make their way to Merry Hill. This would work especially well around Christmas time for example. This I feel really would encourage a few people onto the buses, perhaps almost a Park and Ride system, make use of Birmingham Street carpark, especially as Merry Hill car park gets very busy and with the impending Brierley Hill review a few bus lanes and priorities really would make travelling by non-stop bus to Merry Hill much quicker than the car
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

But it still is actually limited stop, after wood side, it doesn't stop until it gets to Dudley, correct me if I'm wrong. What route would you express route would you suggest between Dudley and Merry Hill

Quote from: wilmotm on May 06, 2012, 10:58:40 PM

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

It does stop though between Woodside and Dudley! At the stops I've previously mentioned along Queen's cross! Maybe its not supposed to but I do often see the X96 stopping along there. And like I also said its such a short distance that it really makes no time saving whatsoever which is why I question its express status.

And with an express route to Merry Hill, perhaps trial it at Christmas like WN did last year with their Express route but like I said make sure it really is Express with literally no stops between Dudley and Merry Hill, because the criticism's I heard about WN efforts is that it still stopped at the majority of bus stops, plus the distance between Dudley to Merry Hill is only 3 miles compared to 12 between Wolvo and Merry Hill so a bus could do more trips in a day and take far less time and get stuck in less traffic.

Nathan4775

An express route to me is something like the X51

Doesnt stop Between Lancaster Circus in Birmingham - Scott Arms  ;D

not like the X96 Which misses a few stops then stops again
My Flickr;

Ash

Yeah there is a difference between Limited stop and express service the 997 is limited stop from Walsall wheras the X51 is an express service from Walsall

Nathan4775

Quote from: Ash on May 07, 2012, 07:57:23 PM
Yeah there is a difference between Limited stop and express service the 997 is limited stop from Walsall wheras the X51 is an express service from Walsall

Fair enough, thought they were the same  ::)
My Flickr;

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well my argument is that the X96 is neither an express route or a limited stop route! In that it is not particularly quick at getting from one place to another and because it covers so much distance is also extremely unreliable

Last time I got on the X96 - Christmas, it didn't stop once between Holly Hall Rd and Dudley  ???

Quote from: wilmotm on May 07, 2012, 04:09:15 PM
It does stop though between Woodside and Dudley! At the stops I've previously mentioned along Queen's cross! Maybe its not supposed to but I do often see the X96 stopping along there. And like I also said its such a short distance that it really makes no time saving whatsoever which is why I question its express status.

And with an express route to Merry Hill, perhaps trial it at Christmas like WN did last year with their Express route but like I said make sure it really is Express with literally no stops between Dudley and Merry Hill, because the criticism's I heard about WN efforts is that it still stopped at the majority of bus stops, plus the distance between Dudley to Merry Hill is only 3 miles compared to 12 between Wolvo and Merry Hill so a bus could do more trips in a day and take far less time and get stuck in less traffic.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well thats only a distance of half a mile if that, and it must just depend on whether a passenger wants to get off or the particular drivers feel inclined to stop and pick people up rather than leaving them waiting for the 246

suavegarv

How about putting the surplus Mercedes benedies on the Bristol Road routes to the old Rubery tram terminus?

MW

Quote from: suavegarv on May 07, 2012, 09:46:45 PM
How about putting the surplus Mercedes benedies on the Bristol Road routes to the old Rubery tram terminus?

They don't meet the emission requirements. Unless of course you start a new 64 at a 30 minute frequency.

suavegarv

Thats a shame. straight roads-ish,lots of passengers all spoiled by the guy holding the white handkerchief over the exhaust pipe!!

Nathan4775

Dont BC operate A 59A which replaced 590A from Chelsmley Wood - Birmingham
My Flickr;

Yeah, I think it's one journey per day - peak times

Quote from: NathanJC on May 09, 2012, 08:02:12 PM
Dont BC operate A 59A which replaced 590A from Chelsmley Wood - Birmingham

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk