News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 17, 2014, 09:27:01 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 17, 2014, 09:20:27 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 17, 2014, 09:11:59 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2014, 09:47:49 PM
Quote from: Matt on February 16, 2014, 09:45:07 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2014, 09:07:27 PM
Quote from: Gareth on February 16, 2014, 07:47:54 PM
Why are passes being issued for April now?!

They're not, he had made it himself!

How accurate was his attempt Tony?

would have got past most drivers, but not revenue inspectors. It was basically a copy of last years April to August term plus with the year changed

Does anything get past you, Tony? :D I wish I did some training with you on the buses, someone who really knows the job!
Some does when I'm driving, you know yourself it is impossible to see the printing on some day tickets through those screens, and it is not worth the aggro of calling genuine passengers back for a better look to find the odd old one. It is very rare a dodgy travelcard gets past me, I think Matt saw me refuse about 4 people travel yesterday who did not want to pay!

Do you get much aggro when you confront them, Tone? When I was on the job it'll be near enough 100% will give you lip, spit, racial, fat c*nt, etc etc and if you let them on they go upstairs and smoke drugs! I really want to see you on the Pershore Road (Seems that road has gone down the proverbial!) Worse then the Bristol, my friends have told me. Glad I'm well off it.

I actually get very little. Get called a Jobsworth tw*t and the like, but normally as they are walking off, most off them just try to talk their way past you 'Go on mate, I'm only going a couple of stops' and the like

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on February 17, 2014, 09:32:58 PM

would have got past most drivers, but not revenue inspectors. It was basically a copy of last years April to August term plus with the year changed

Does anything get past you, Tony? :D I wish I did some training with you on the buses, someone who really knows the job!
Some does when I'm driving, you know yourself it is impossible to see the printing on some day tickets through those screens, and it is not worth the aggro of calling genuine passengers back for a better look to find the odd old one. It is very rare a dodgy travelcard gets past me, I think Matt saw me refuse about 4 people travel yesterday who did not want to pay!

Do you get much aggro when you confront them, Tone? When I was on the job it'll be near enough 100% will give you lip, spit, racial, fat c*nt, etc etc and if you let them on they go upstairs and smoke drugs! I really want to see you on the Pershore Road (Seems that road has gone down the proverbial!) Worse then the Bristol, my friends have told me. Glad I'm well off it.

I actually get very little. Get called a Jobsworth tw*t and the like, but normally as they are walking off, most off them just try to talk their way past you 'Go on mate, I'm only going a couple of stops' and the like

Ahh, that takes me back. I still want you to have a go on some home grown BR, you'll have an empty bus with the amount on there! And I know you've said it's only 5% or whatever, but it seemed a lot more to be honest.

By the way, is it true the company are asking drivers to confront passengers more? I presume it's just another biased story from a particular driver again...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 17, 2014, 09:35:29 PM

Ahh, that takes me back. I still want you to have a go on some home grown BR, you'll have an empty bus with the amount on there! And I know you've said it's only 5% or whatever, but it seemed a lot more to be honest.

By the way, is it true the company are asking drivers to confront passengers more? I presume it's just another biased story from a particular driver again...

Not 100% on topic, but think you may find this interesting (save me having to start a new topic)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26224380
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

I have done BR in December, I must admit I haven't done Pershore Road for years. I still think the 60 is the worst route at BC from a driver and Inspector perspective

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 17, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Not 100% on topic, but think you may find this interesting (save me having to start a new topic)

'4 drivers are attacked or verbally abused' each day?

No, 4 drivers report being attacked or verbally abused, a lot more than that get verbally abused with 8000 buses on the streets of London!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on February 17, 2014, 09:37:53 PM

I have done BR in December, I must admit I haven't done Pershore Road for years. I still think the 60 is the worst route at BC from a driver and Inspector perspective

You're not the only one to mention that, actually. It seems the Small Heath crowd flock to the 60 and yet leave the 58 and 59? Quite odd if I say so myself. Saying that the 58 and sometimes the 59 don't have an upper deck (Might have something to do with it!)

Quote from: Tony on February 17, 2014, 09:39:52 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 17, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

'4 drivers are attacked or verbally abused' each day?

No, 4 drivers report being attacked or verbally abused, a lot more than that get verbally abused with 8000 buses on the streets of London!

Just backs up the point that Bus Driving is a highly thankless job. Yet you must still sit there with a stupid smile on your face. I've known first hand people complaining because the driver looked "miserable". I better stop here before I get myself in trouble! *Bites Tongue*
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

James4368

4437 and 4611 are on todays 900
4428 is on todays 957
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

JoNi

4425 also on 900!
The only Enviro I saw wasn't route branded.

Ben

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on February 18, 2014, 12:00:10 PM
4437 and 4611 are on todays 900
4428 is on todays 957

Beat me to it. I got on 4611 and unbranded 4903 Lina.
I want some 957 branded buses to appear!

Trident 4609

Eric Shaw

5404, 5408, 5506 and 4900 wre on the24 this morning. There were 2 Tridents on the 22/3, including 4168. I couldn't get the number of the other.

CL

Quote from: Eric Shaw on February 18, 2014, 07:15:16 PM
5404, 5408, 5506 and 4900 wre on the24 this morning. There were 2 Tridents on the 22/3, including 4168. I couldn't get the number of the other.

5509 was on the 24 aswell. Around Midday.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Sayeed

Quote from: Eric Shaw on February 18, 2014, 07:15:16 PM
There were 2 Tridents on the 22/3, including 4168. I couldn't get the number of the other.
Век живи - век учись

Ashley

4443 and 4617 on 22/23 today if of interest to anybody

James4368

4898 900 e400 broke down in meridian today around 1530 I was on it 1508 from Coventry pool meadow due to a problem with its gearbox when I asked the driver
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk