News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2021, 04:59:14 PM
It is, yes, takes less than a minute to update with a USB stick. It tends to be buses coming back off the dead list that get missed

Apologies @Tony - what I was eluding to was the response from garage managers when reporting such issues. You are correct that it is a relatively easy process to reprogramme blinds (which you've done yourself more times than you care to remember!), though to maintain service, are the traffic office staff as focused with such matters if it means a bus leaves late/is taken out of service (spare buses permitting) or running with old blinds to reduce the risk of lost mileage?

I'm hoping that they would share our focus and do the right and proper thing as required.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on November 10, 2021, 10:48:32 AM
Apologies @Tony - what I was eluding to was the response from garage managers when reporting such issues. You are correct that it is a relatively easy process to reprogramme blinds (which you've done yourself more times than you care to remember!), though to maintain service, are the traffic office staff as focused with such matters if it means a bus leaves late/is taken out of service (spare buses permitting) or running with old blinds to reduce the risk of lost mileage?

I'm hoping that they would share our focus and do the right and proper thing as required.

If a driver notices before he leaves he should put it on his VCR and then it would be corrected before leaving as the serviceman won't sign a bus with incorrect destinations as fit for service. Problem is as all buses leave the garage not in service most drivers just check that is what is displayed before leaving

Steveminor

I believe in the case of PB the drivers have been specifically asked to check the blinds show 95 & not 55

Nxwm

Rumours are PB96 going to central and will still be operating at nights from PB interesting 

Tony

Quote from: Nxwm on November 14, 2021, 02:48:29 PM
Rumours are PB96 going to central and will still be operating at nights from PB interesting

Don't want any deroofed double decks!

Jack D

Where are the low bridges on 96?

Quote from: Jack D on November 14, 2021, 05:45:05 PM
Where are the low bridges on 96?
Erdington on Summer Road on the way to/from Kingstanding. Same one the 28 goes under.

The Erdington - Chelmsley bit could use deckers though actually like the 966 used to.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2021, 05:48:48 PM
The Erdington - Chelmsley bit could use deckers though actually like the 966 used to.
It can and 4810 did it back on Easter Monday if I remember correctly...

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: Nxwm on November 14, 2021, 02:48:29 PM

I can't see the operational logic in this, perhaps someone is winding you up.

If NX are keen to offload this route, why transfer it to another garage that doesn't operate any single-deck vehicles? Plus there's the additional dead mileage incurred.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on November 14, 2021, 06:47:55 PM
Plus there's the additional dead mileage incurred.
The schedulers might be able to make it interwork with and run off other BC routes at Chelmsley like the X13. Like how AG run the 46 route in Northfield.
I'm not saying its happening though. And as long as it goes under the low bridge it wouldn't to, as single decks wouldn't be suitable on any of those BC routes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2021, 06:50:22 PM
The schedulers might be able to make it interwork with and run off other BC routes at Chelmsley like the X13. Like how AG run the 46 route in Northfield.
I'm not saying its happening though. And as long as it goes under the low bridge it wouldn't to, as single decks wouldn't be suitable on any of those BC routes.
the X13 inter works with the X12 the 95 and 94 interwork so what service could it interwork with
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Quote from: SK68MEV on November 15, 2021, 12:26:03 AM
the X13 inter works with the X12 the 95 and 94 interwork so what service could it interwork with
Johnsons X20's used to interwork with various southern Stratford Routes. Back in late September the X20 I caught that came in to Stratford via Henley In Arden changed onto a 50A to Banbury and one X20 came into Stratford as a 3.

This one from Saturday says it did 77 from Leamington to Stratford, X20 to Coventry via Solihull and back, 1/2 to Moreton in Marsh and then onto the 5/P&R Stratford local routes in the evening. So no reason why 3+ services can't interwork.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/195833?date=2021-11-13#

So it might be possible to schedule it to run off X13/X12, etc boards. But I doubt it as its an SD service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

That's a lot of inter working.
They need to be careful as that has been Hulleys of Baslow problems

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk