News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dingding

Sad news but you do wonder what will become of the other sites in Digbeth in the area opposite the Custard Factory between Digbeth and Bradford Street? It looks like this is just the start of a wholesale change to the area which is after all the hub of the industrial revolution and in Birmingham's place as factory to the world.

SO6597

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 04, 2020, 07:04:16 AM
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/death-digbeth-fears-national-express-19393639

Actually happening then, I always thought the development was to do more with HS2 as opposed to new homes. Wonder where new site could be? Could there be room to share with the HS2 depot on Drews Lane?

There were rumours last year that there may be two sites to replace BC, one in the south and another in the east of the city.

ellspurs

Quote from: SO6597 on December 04, 2020, 08:44:09 PM
There were rumours last year that there may be two sites to replace BC, one in the south and another in the east of the city.

The east? The EAST???

CL

The X1 Platinums seem to have reverted back to their original branding; in other words, it's no longer showing 'Birmingham | NEC & Airport | Coventry' on a single line of text now
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Duplicate X2. Think it was 4904 today, was running 20 minutes late or so. So think the other X2 that operated the 08:12 trip will have probably been overcrowded then (it already had standing passengers at Swan). Not sure why this one that starts there was late, when the one that comes from City Centre was on time?

Also not clear why this one normally displays X2S St Peters and the one behind displays X2 Solihull then St Peters.
In previous weeks when i've been on that paticular journey such as 7531 last Monday a lot of people on it don't go to the St Peter school normally and get off in the Town Centre, etc with just a few/small number of school kids remaining on it.

My experience is the one behind that displays X2 is normally already completly full by the time it gets to the Swan, as that one comes from City Centre, whereas this one is a lot quieter as well.
So should be open to the public if its not supposed to be already. Otherwise i'd probably usually be left waiting for the 08:28.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

Was in the car with my mom and I noticed that 6861 had another sticker saying please let the driver pull out. Is this recent?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: mesub on February 13, 2021, 08:59:39 PM
Was in the car with my mom and I noticed that 6861 had another sticker saying please let the driver pull out. Is this recent?
I noticed that on the 55/94 buses, every bus has it I think, I think its new. Though when I was looking on here I found an old thread that said something like what happened to the "please let the bus pull out stickers", so they must have had it in the past as well and its been reintroduced, I found this one:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8050359@N07/50224897942/in/photolist-2jwcJmf-pTWqhN-bnRagq-pU7FmV-qUFkkL-4sxUnr-pUDWrq-V8UKd-doRw7x-qGz4Zz-q3QJxn-4Sd473-mSxJeR-qiEU1f-prVQ3m-ps4CXY-q2TA8D-bApsqp-9c1Ppi-mpAZbS-ou59Qz-mpyKeB-kyPmF5-awighp-jV3SF8

Quote from: SK68MEV on February 13, 2021, 09:46:06 PM
6837 - 55
Sure there was one on yesterday as well, though I don't remember the fleetnumer. They do appear now and again on there and the PB ones on the 94 also.

Another think I noticed is the big depearture screen things at the Fox & Goose only seems to recognise certain services, 55/94 and 11. It doesn't seem to recognise the 28, as I watched it change through the pages 3 nights in a row and its not been on any of them. Not sure if it recognises the 25/28A/Claribels as they don't run late nights.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on February 13, 2021, 10:33:28 PM
I noticed that on the 55/94 buses, every bus has it I think, I think its new. Though when I was looking on here I found an old thread that said something like what happened to the "please let the bus pull out stickers", so they must have had it in the past as well and its been reintroduced, I found this one:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8050359@N07/50224897942/in/photolist-2jwcJmf-pTWqhN-bnRagq-pU7FmV-qUFkkL-4sxUnr-pUDWrq-V8UKd-doRw7x-qGz4Zz-q3QJxn-4Sd473-mSxJeR-qiEU1f-prVQ3m-ps4CXY-q2TA8D-bApsqp-9c1Ppi-mpAZbS-ou59Qz-mpyKeB-kyPmF5-awighp-jV3SF8
Sure there was one on yesterday as well, though I don't remember the fleetnumer. They do appear now and again on there and the PB ones on the 94 also.

Pretty much every WMT/TWM bus had this "please let the bus pull out" stickers on it in the 1990s, just like the one pictured.

Stu

Quote from: mesub on February 13, 2021, 08:59:39 PM

Quote from: 2206 on February 13, 2021, 10:33:28 PM

Quote from: ellspurs on February 14, 2021, 09:10:03 AM
Pretty much every WMT/TWM bus had this "please let the bus pull out" stickers on it in the 1990s, just like the one pictured.

Rule 223 in the Highway Code:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/road-users-requiring-extra-care-204-to-225#rule223

QuoteBuses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.

Its a shame that many motorists seem unaware of the Highway Code, judging by the standards of driving I see everywhere now...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident4590

Quote from: Stu on February 14, 2021, 10:11:45 AM
Rule 223 in the Highway Code:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/road-users-requiring-extra-care-204-to-225#rule223

Its a shame that many motorists seem unaware of the Highway Code, judging by the standards of driving I see everywhere now...
I know this post is quiet old but I haven't visited the forums for a while, it's been debated that there are two key words in the Highway Code and that is "must" "should" former being optional and last one being you have to, most drivers roll the bus forward gaining momentum and someone eventually lets you out.

Gareth

Is the bus wash at BC broken? And has it been broken for some time?

I had to go into the city centre this morning and the state of the BC fleet is very noticeable. Most buses with what is clearly days worth of caked on mud up to and including lower deck windows. Windows being that filthy it's hard to see out of. On many vehicles, the legal lettering, the orange lights along the body work and in some cases the fleetname have been manually cleaned with a cloth/sponge.

Was surprising as NX usually have a smartly turned out fleet.

AndrewLee

Quote from: Gareth on March 18, 2021, 04:54:54 PM
Is the bus wash at BC broken? And has it been broken for some time?

I had to go into the city centre this morning and the state of the BC fleet is very noticeable. Most buses with what is clearly days worth of caked on mud up to and including lower deck windows. Windows being that filthy it's hard to see out of. On many vehicles, the legal lettering, the orange lights along the body work and in some cases the fleetname have been manually cleaned with a cloth/sponge.

Was surprising as NX usually have a smartly turned out fleet.

Unfortunately yes, it's broken! It's funny, to me, how the legal lettering gets wiped by someone but not the rear lights! I was seen wiping mine with a mop the other day and got accused of being a jobsworth! All in jest I hasten to add!

don

Quote from: AndrewLee on March 20, 2021, 07:01:37 PM
Unfortunately yes, it's broken! It's funny, to me, how the legal lettering gets wiped by someone but not the rear lights! I was seen wiping mine with a mop the other day and got accused of being a jobsworth! All in jest I hasten to add!

As other bus wash machines are available at garages in Birmingham, wouldn't it be possible to deal with the BC fleet over a week or two rather than risking potential reputational damage?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

No sign of the X2S duplicate service this morning.
Meaning 6826 on the 08:12 X2 service from Yardley Swan was packed with people having to stand all the way down the bus and on the stairs. Think the running board number on the ticket machine said X1/16.

Bus times says duplicate was supposed to be 4949 and that 4949 operated nearly half an hour late.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 29, 2021, 10:19:19 AM
No sign of the X2S duplicate service this morning.
Meaning 6826 on the 08:12 X2 service from Yardley Swan was packed with people having to stand all the way down the bus and on the stairs. Think the running board number on the ticket machine said X1/16.

Bus times says duplicate was supposed to be 4949 and that 4949 operated nearly half an hour late.

The X2S did run, It was a Trident I saw it leave Birmingham as usual when I got off my train.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk