News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: bbs on September 13, 2020, 10:39:12 AM
Its been confirmed that 7515-7528 and 7529-7533 are going to Birmingham Central.
Dissapointed as 7525-7528 were transfered in July.

Confirmed where and by whom?

Tony has stated elsewhere that he has a meeting this Tuesday to finalise a vehicle movement plan.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

Quote from: Stu on September 13, 2020, 03:39:33 PM
Confirmed where and by whom?

Tony has stated elsewhere that he has a meeting this Tuesday to finalise a vehicle movement plan.
I guess time will tell.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Noticed this morning empty double deckers running between Yardley Swan and Cranes Park on the 60, while the X2 was struggling with AM peak passengers into Solihull.
X1 Branded Platinum on the 07:56 X2 to Solihull Station arrived at Yardley Swan and left without picking passengers up, as it was displaying Bus Full already by that point
6845 on the 08:11 X2 to St Peters School arrived later on, which I got on and this had a full and standing load  from Sheldon/Old Lode Lane into Solihull Town Centre (where most passengers departed). This one was also duplicated by 4906 which looked to have a full load of passengers as well, as the driver on 6845 was directing most passengers to get that one.

Also looked strange seeing 6845 and 4906 running past Solihull Swimming Baths on the X2 running up to St Peters School.

I wander if it would be an idea to decrease the frequency of the 60 to Cranes Park down to a more appropriate frequency for that section, every 20 minutes maybe. And then up to X2's frequency maybe up to every 10 or minutes. So that buses are being used where the passenger demand is.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on September 14, 2020, 10:55:02 AM
Noticed this morning empty double deckers running between Yardley Swan and Cranes Park on the 60, while the X2 was struggling with AM peak passengers into Solihull.
X1 Branded Platinum on the 07:56 X2 to Solihull Station arrived at Yardley Swan and left without picking passengers up, as it was displaying Bus Full already by that point
6845 on the 08:11 X2 to St Peters School arrived later on, which I got on and this had a full and standing load  from Sheldon/Old Lode Lane into Solihull Town Centre (where most passengers departed). This one was also duplicated by 4906 which looked to have a full load of passengers as well, as the driver on 6845 was directing most passengers to get that one.

Also looked strange seeing 6845 and 4906 running past Solihull Swimming Baths on the X2 running up to St Peters School.

I wander if it would be an idea to decrease the frequency of the 60 to Cranes Park down to a more appropriate frequency for that section, every 20 minutes maybe. And then up to X2's frequency maybe up to every 10 or minutes. So that buses are being used where the passenger demand is.

Yes, not many people want to go to Cranes Park at 08:00, but the 60 will be carrying passengers towards city when it gets to Cranes Park

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on September 14, 2020, 10:55:02 AM

Someone has mentioned this earlier. The Yardley shorts should be every day on the 60 not just in Sundays only.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 14, 2020, 05:12:28 PM
Someone has mentioned this earlier. The Yardley shorts should be every day on the 60 not just in Sundays only.

Do you know the loadings beyond the Swan then?

Thought not!

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2020, 05:18:56 PM
Do you know the loadings beyond the Swan then?

Thought not!
Can't imagine it will be that much considering people are asking for a frequency reduction.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 14, 2020, 05:53:29 PM
Can't imagine it will be that much considering people are asking for a frequency reduction.

No-one is asking for a service reduction apart from someone else on here who never uses it and saw an empty bus travelling in the opposite direction to where the flow of passengers will be in the morning peak. NX don't run services for the fun of it, they run them to make a profit in normal times. loss makers soon get adjusted

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2020, 05:58:46 PM
No-one is asking for a service reduction apart from someone else on here who never uses it and saw an empty bus travelling in the opposite direction to where the flow of passengers will be in the morning peak. NX don't run services for the fun of it, they run them to make a profit in normal times. loss makers soon get adjusted
I am a regular user of the 60 and I do notice that there's not many people that uses the 60 past the Swan.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 14, 2020, 06:00:33 PM
I am a regular user of the 60 and I do notice that there's not many people that uses the 60 past the Swan.

It's the same as any service that ends in an housing estate the numbers dwindle towards the outer end of the route, but it is well used as far as the Wheatsheaf.

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2020, 06:04:07 PM
It's the same as any service that ends in an housing estate the numbers dwindle towards the outer end of the route, but it is well used as far as the Wheatsheaf.
X1/X2 serve Swan to Wheatsheaf as well. I would of thought a higher frequency X1/X2 would still serve most passengers who use the 60 on the section between the Swan and the Wheatsheaf.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on September 14, 2020, 07:05:41 PM
X1/X2 serve Swan to Wheatsheaf as well. I would of thought a higher frequency X1/X2 would still serve most passengers who use the 60 on the section between the Swan and the Wheatsheaf.

And the X1/X2 has had a frequency increase on that section last week!

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2020, 07:37:20 PM
And the X1/X2 has had a frequency increase on that section last week!
It did yes. But from what I saw this morning the X2's were still heavily overcrowded and the 07:56 left all the passengers waiting for it at the Swan behind (about 20) and by that point it had only got to the Swan, so would be like that all the way to Solihull I expect.
And I saw another one leave Solihull Town Centre this evening leave looking very busy at about 16:45.
So I think it would make sense to give the busy X2 a better frequency of maybe every 10 minutes to and lower the frequency of the 60 on an not very busy section of that service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on September 14, 2020, 07:41:25 PM
It did yes. But from what I saw this morning the X2's were still heavily overcrowded and the 07:56 left all the passengers waiting for it at the Swan behind (about 20) and by that point it had only got to the Swan, so would be like that all the way to Solihull I expect.
And I saw another one leave Solihull Town Centre this evening leave looking very busy at about 16:45.
So I think it would make sense to give the busy X2 a better frequency of maybe every 10 minutes to and lower the frequency of the 60 on an not very busy section of that service.

I presume you are going to college, so of course you will see busy buses!

Jack D

Any news of the transfers of 55 and X12 on the 4th any updates?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk