News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on March 11, 2020, 09:44:14 PM
How can the train kill that corridor. There's only one station with any sort of service

My point is back in the day the 90 and 590 days used to carry good loads, I'm suggesting since the train service started how ever long ago it was, doesn't seem as busy.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 11, 2020, 09:47:57 PM
There are two stations on that route, Water Orton and Coleshill Parkway to Birmingham New Street?

I said with any sort of service. Two hourly with no trains after 1600 is hardly going to take many off the buses

Quote from: Tony on March 11, 2020, 10:02:01 PM
I said with any sort of service. Two hourly with no trains after 1600 is hardly going to take many off the buses
When I looked the, first train to New Street said 07:34 and last return from New Street said 19:52.
So might be useful for commuters going to Birmingham.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 11, 2020, 10:06:29 PM
When I looked the, first train to New Street said 07:34 and last return from New Street said 19:52.
So might be useful for commuters going to Birmingham.

That's all it has been good for for the last 50 years, I bet you didn't look at the fares compared to say Tame bridge and see the difference

monkeyjoe

Anyway I was just curious if the x70 has been under performing as the reason it's been taken off the platinum map or could changes be on the horizon?

Busboy105

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 11, 2020, 10:17:45 PM
Anyway I was just curious if the x70 has been under performing as the reason it's been taken off the platinum map or could changes be on the horizon?
It's funny that's it's being taken off the Platinum map because I've never seen a single Platinum in the route. It's mainly Tridents and E400s that go on the X70.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 11, 2020, 11:12:45 PM
It's funny that's it's being taken off the Platinum map because I've never seen a single Platinum in the route. It's mainly Tridents and E400s that go on the X70.

Platinums do crop up on the X70 in the week, and especially on weekends (both buses on a Sunday are usually Platinum spec Enviro 400MMC's)

Jack

Yes, they do put Platinums on it Saturdays usually, not sure on Sundays and weekdays but they do put spare ones on it Saturdays.

aSingh

On the running boards it's titled as just 70 not X70. However in the trips sections it's titled as X70 and the buses listed on the boards are 6 E400 and 1 Trident.
Singh

What I've seen today from NX Bus on the BC 14 service is very poor.
- Driver driving 4576 at approximatley 13:50 with the green coat and black hat was driving straight past passengers waiting at their closest stops on the diversion route. Clear example of a very poor service there. Woman at the bus stop rightly said that it's very stupid of him.

- NX Bus clearly are unable to inform passengers of the diversion, in any way at all. No notices on any stops, buses, websites or even Twitter page. Yet Diamond Bus had this on their website and Twitter page, days in advance. Which is excellent to see. So what makes NX Bus being the larger company so incapable. Think planned diversions such as this one should be advertised in advance.

- Driver on 4572 was still taking the diversion route at 15:20. Though it was officially supposed to end at 15:00. Also the fact that I went down the full length of the Alum Rock Road at about 14:30 and the road had reopened by that time. So clearly NX Bus had not informed the driver the official time the diversion was supposed to end at or the fact that the road had reopened.

Overall an extremely poor service from NX Bus I think @Tony.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on March 12, 2020, 03:31:28 PM
What I've seen today from NX Bus on the BC 14 service is very poor.
- Driver driving 4576 at approximatley 13:50 with the green coat and black hat was driving straight past passengers waiting at their closest stops on the diversion route. Clear example of a very poor service there. Woman at the bus stop rightly said that it's very stupid of him.

- NX Bus clearly are unable to inform passengers of the diversion, in any way at all. No notices on any stops, buses, websites or even Twitter page. Yet Diamond Bus had this on their website and Twitter page, days in advance. Which is excellent to see. So what makes NX Bus being the larger company so incapable. Think planned diversions such as this one should be advertised in advance.

- Driver on 4572 was still taking the diversion route at 15:20. Though it was officially supposed to end at 15:00. Also the fact that I went down the full length of the Alum Rock Road at about 14:30 and the road had reopened by that time. So clearly NX Bus had not informed the driver the official time the diversion was supposed to end at or the fact that the road had reopened.

Overall an extremely poor service from NX Bus I think @Tony.

Drivers on a diverted 14 will 9 times out of 10 not inform any passengers before speeding up Washwood Heath Road without stopping at that first stop if anyone needs to get off. Been like that for many years and sadly it probably won't change anytime soon. Nor do I see anything advertised anywhere advising of diversions.

Quote from: Gareth on March 12, 2020, 04:01:40 PM
Nor do I see anything advertised anywhere advising of diversions.
See here @Gareth -
https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/bus-services/28a/
If Diamond Bus can advise of Diversions, its surprising NX can not.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: aSingh on March 12, 2020, 01:07:21 PM
On the running boards it's titled as just 70 not X70. However in the trips sections it's titled as X70 and the buses listed on the boards are 6 E400 and 1 Trident.

Why advertise it as Platinum when it never really was then?

Busboy105

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 13, 2020, 08:44:35 AM
Is the X12 24 hour?
No and nowhere near 24 hours on the City Centre - Clock Garage Section, as that starts at 6AM.
Think Clock Garage to Solihull does start early at 3:15am though, so 21 hours on that section.
Only the X1 runs 24/7.
Also run by AG not BC.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk