News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

CL

756 left on the first outbound journey of the 10.. at 7:43. In true 10 fashion. 🤣

4874 has aldo just left Birmingham not long ago, working a 10H
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: CL on April 01, 2019, 08:06:28 AM
756 left on the first outbound journey of the 10.. at 7:43. In true 10 fashion. 🤣

4874 has aldo just left Birmingham not long ago, working a 10H

It must have had the wrong blind up. The first 10H isn't till 09:35. Although, both buses on the 10H cover the 10 beforehand, so it will be on there later.

CL

Quote from: Nathan on April 01, 2019, 08:25:44 AM
It must have had the wrong blind up. The first 10H isn't till 09:35. Although, both buses on the 10H cover the 10 beforehand, so it will be on there later.
That's what I had thought! ??? I had to check the timetables again, before I realised it was too early.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

Whilst waiting on the Stratford Road this evening for my 3 to home, I observed a Crimson E400 coming up the road still with '36 Sparkbrook' on the display (presumably heading back to garage), and it was a little amusing to watch someone trying to flag it down.  ;D

Just wondering why it has Sparkbrook on the display, rather than 'Sparkhill', perhaps a throwback or old programming from when NX previously ran this route from AG?

Either way, seems a waste of a good double-deck to me, as whenever I used to see the 36 round South Yardley or Acocks Green they were running mostly empty, even with little single-decks.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on April 02, 2019, 08:58:59 PM
Either way, seems a waste of a good double-deck to me, as whenever I used to see the 36 round South Yardley or Acocks Green they were running mostly empty, even with little single-decks.
Maybe NX don't have enough small single decks for this contract at short notice and there is some sort of issue with using a B7RLE on the route? As the B7RLE are longer than a decker?
When Diamond ran it, it seemed to usually be empty during the day only carrying a few people, though one or two journeys carried a full seating capacity on a small single deck.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 02, 2019, 08:58:59 PM
Whilst waiting on the Stratford Road this evening for my 3 to home, I observed a Crimson E400 coming up the road still with '36 Sparkbrook' on the display (presumably heading back to garage), and it was a little amusing to watch someone trying to flag it down.  ;D

Just wondering why it has Sparkbrook on the display, rather than 'Sparkhill', perhaps a throwback or old programming from when NX previously ran this route from AG?

When you get 5 days notice to run a service you use what buses you can find

B.C Driver

I suppose most of you know BC is earmarked to close in about 5 - 7 years time.

Confirmed - Two new garages will be built.

RUMOURS - The areas will be Longbridge and Chelmsley Wood.

The new garages could be built at any South or East Bham location.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

winston

Quote from: B.C Driver on April 03, 2019, 12:34:40 PM

RUMOURS - The areas will be Longbridge and Chelmsley Wood.

The new garages could be built at any South or East Bham location.

Adderley St overflow site has always been destined to become a Park & Ride site for the Midland Metro in conjunction with all the HS2 re-development work / HS2 Station at Curzion St etc.

The existing Liverpool St depot seemed unaffected and is big enough to remain, but I suspect the land it sits on is highly valuable & is prime for re-development.

A depot in Longbridge has been rumoured for years, you shouldn't have mentioned 'Chemsley Wood' Monkeyjoe will get all overexcited....

It seems plans have changed for BC's site:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/business/regeneration-plans-national-express-site-16064400

markcf83

Quote from: B.C Driver on April 03, 2019, 12:34:40 PM

Let the speculation begin. What is the current status, and indeed state, of Lea Hall?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Gareth

Is the new depot at Longbridge rumour doing the rounds again? I first heard that well over 15 years ago!

winston

Tony

Quote from: Winston on April 03, 2019, 04:00:40 PM
Lea Hall was sold by NX back in 2014:
http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/westmidlands/news/573683-fabric-recycling-firm-buys-birmingham-bus-garage

You wouldn't move out of one expensive old fashioned garage into another one. Specially on a site surrounded by housing

B.C Driver

Quote from: Gareth on April 03, 2019, 03:59:43 PM
Is the new depot at Longbridge rumour doing the rounds again? I first heard that well over 15 years ago!

I'm sure since the collapse of Rover in 2005 that the majority of land has already been used for the new Longbridge village - Sainsbury's,  M & S etc. The old Rover paint shop is now Longbridge Village retirement home. Further up Licky Rd new houses have been built.
The only empty bit of land is where the West Works once stood (opposite Longbridge Lane on the right from city) - and I'm sure that according to the hoardings this is to be used as a buisness park. That particular bit of land is vast though and stretches back a long way from Bristol Rd South.
So there could still be something in it...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

winston

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2019, 04:17:15 PM
You wouldn't move out of one expensive old fashioned garage into another one. Specially on a site surrounded by housing

Exactly, that's why LH was sold off in the first place. That's both PB & no doubt BC that will be exiting old undercover garages in favour of new modern outdoor examples.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk