News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Bristol road Hybrid Gemini just left chelmsley on 97.

mesub

I saw 3 buses at the wood Lane terminus. I presume that one of them is for the 822 (23/24) Branded. The other one was X2 branded and seemed to have come dead from garage. The 3rd one was either waiting for it's next departure time or was having a break.

Just my observations  :)
(Was around 10 past 4)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

mesub

I've seen 3/4 of the '68 MMCs for BC on the 23 and X22
Wonder what the X70 is using (most likely anything spare in the garage)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

Quote from: mesub on March 23, 2019, 01:58:12 PM
I've seen 3/4 of the '68 MMCs for BC on the 23 and X22
Wonder what the X70 is using (most likely anything spare in the garage)

The 68 reg always are always on other routes.
The X70 probably has the usual E400. I think I saw one on there earlier?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on March 23, 2019, 06:57:17 PM
The 68 reg always are always on other routes.
The X70 probably has the usual E400.

Or the unbranded older platinums...

Mike K

Confusingly, the 23 now terminates at the following locations according to the various sources:
Printed timetables on stops: Woodgate
Online timetable: Woodcock Hill
NXWM apps and RTI at stops: Bangham Pit
Bus destination display: Bartley Green, Newman University

For visitors hoping to get to Newman Uni, it must be confusing. I wish they'd just settle on Bartley Green. Most people have no idea where Bangham Pit and Woodcock Hill are.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on March 25, 2019, 05:44:35 PM
Confusingly, the 23 now terminates at the following locations according to the various sources:

For visitors hoping to get to Newman Uni, it must be confusing. I wish they'd just settle on Bartley Green. Most people have no idea where Bangham Pit and Woodcock Hill are.

I'm sorry but I disagree here. I think the 23 should say Bangham Pit as that's where it finishes. People from around the area will know of it, and it can always say via Newman University if need be. Although if Newman University was that important the X64 would've included it on the display surely. I mean, I have no idea where Cranes Park or Tile Cross are but I'm sure people travelling there do.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

OH25

Quote from: Mike K on March 25, 2019, 05:44:35 PM

The fancy black bus stops in and around Town say Shenley Fields

MasterPlan

Quote from: OH25 on March 26, 2019, 12:22:07 AM
The fancy black bus stops in and around Town say Shenley Fields

I know, which is also wrong. They also say the 61 goes to Rubery.

mesub

They probably won't bother to update it though
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

OH25

Genuine question: What do you have to do to update it and how long does it actually take too?

mesub

Quote from: OH25 on March 26, 2019, 10:53:00 PM
Genuine question: What do you have to do to update it and how long does it actually take too?
Destinations are so easy to do, just edit them on the computer and put it on a USB stick. Really only requires time

Announcements: Depends on how inconsistent nxwm want to be, unless it's a major route change they seem a bit stubborn with announcements, then again they need to get the voice actor (Mr Platinum, not sure if he's in-house or needs to be hired)

Timetables: I think nwm/tfwm handles those, so they'll probably be updated when the timetable changes to summer.

Everything else seems to be changed though (even though names are inconsistent)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

MasterPlan

So I went into town earlier and I notice every ☓21 going the other way to be pretty full. Yet some ☓20s went past near enough empty. Why are the ☓20/22 prioritised over the ☓21 with Platinums. I know originally it was because they were express routes but that is no longer the case.
Also why do NX say there was not enough Platinums for the ☓21 when there's several around on other routes daily. In just 5 mins in town earlier I saw 3 on the 61/63 for example. Also the one that's on the 45/47. That's 4 already. You wouldn't see PB putting platiniums on the 65/67 and leaning the ☓4 say with Scanias.
Now apparently the 10/H will be run by Tridents so I guess that must be a busier route too.
The anti-Weoley Castle crap is getting boring now. I know I'll just get told tto shut up or whatever but it really is pathetic.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 29, 2019, 04:51:38 PM
So I went into town earlier and I notice every ☓21 going the other way to be pretty full. Yet some ☓20s went past near enough empty. Why are the ☓20/22 prioritised over the ☓21 with Platinums. I know originally it was because they were express routes but that is no longer the case.
Also why do NX say there was not enough Platinums for the ☓21 when there's several around on other routes daily. In just 5 mins in town earlier I saw 3 on the 61/63 for example. Also the one that's on the 45/47. That's 4 already. You wouldn't see PB putting platiniums on the 65/67 and leaning the ☓4 say with Scanias.
Now apparently the 10/H will be run by Tridents so I guess that must be a busier route too.
The anti-Weoley Castle crap is getting boring now. I know I'll just get told tto shut up or whatever but it really is pathetic.

Maybe 6994-7000 maybe for X21...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk