News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: mesub on January 11, 2019, 11:07:42 PM
One of the new Platinums on the X22 today, was so tempted to get off the 23 and ride it to town. 😂Knew
One on the 60 and one on the X1 as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Just seen this today. Apparently NX are going to change the 61 route on a trial basis later on in the year? Any truth in this?

http://b31.org.uk/2019/01/councillor-claims-victory-as-national-express-agree-to-extend-frankley-bus-service/
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

monkeyjoe

So is this because the buses cover the of the area since the last review I don't know this area that well?

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 12, 2019, 11:31:32 AM
So is this because the buses cover the of the area since the last review I don't know this area that well?
I don't really know this area well either, but if its to do with the service changes last July, then i'd think it'd be something to do with the changes they made in that area?
Looking at the changes they made to the 61/X61:
"- Two stops on Cornwall Road on Boleyn Road will no longer be served by the 61, but are only a short walk away from stops on Ormond Road", could it be something to do with this? Or is it something else?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 12, 2019, 11:31:32 AM

Neither do I, but essentially yes. Maybe it's the area of Frankley that the 29 served?

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on January 12, 2019, 11:39:30 AM
I don't really know this area well either, but if its to do with the service changes last July, then i'd think it'd be something to do with the changes they made in that area?
Looking at the changes they made to the 61/X61:
"- Two stops on Cornwall Road on Boleyn Road will no longer be served by the 61, but are only a short walk away from stops on Ormond Road", could it be something to do with this? Or is it something else?

Yes it's to do with this. Instead of running from Holly Hill Road via New St to Arden Road, it will now serve the top end of Boleyn Road and Ormond Road to Arden Road. The Holly Hill area previously served by the 29 is already covered by the 61 following the July changes.

MasterPlan

Fair enough I was just guessing to be honest, I don't know the Frankley Estate. Is it actually happening though or is the Councillor just talking garbage?

mesub

Another '68 reg on the 23 and 63. if the campaign for the 61 to be altered is going on. I wonder what's going to happen with the X22 🤔
Link: https://preetkaurgill.com/content/preet-calls-public-meeting-national-express-wm
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: mesub on January 12, 2019, 06:03:51 PM
Another '68 reg on the 23 and 63. if the campaign for the 61 to be altered is going on. I wonder what's going to happen with the X22 🤔
Link: https://preetkaurgill.com/content/preet-calls-public-meeting-national-express-wm
Whats wrong with the 68 reg being on the 23 or 63, they're unbranded platinums, so they will be used on all BC routes which use MMC - so that's the X1, X2, 60, 23, 24, X20, X21, X22, X70, 61 and 63.

I don't see any connection between this and the 61 route.

If what you yourself are suggesting is reintroducing the 22, Well reverting X22 back to 22 for a start seems to be a massive change that would impact various routes - X20/X21/X22, 23, 24, 27, leave Quintion Rd with no service to the City Centre, etc. The 61 change seems to only be a minor route change.

I wouldn't expect that just because the she's complaigned it automatically means, that the service will change, though reading her comments (i.e hourly frequency on the X22) its probably not possible and not that simple for NX to make it more frequent than that at that time of night, due to reduced usage at that time of night, it probably wouldn't be comercially viable.

Sureley those kids are more than capable of a 7 minute walk and then catching the 23 or alternatively catching a X22 to the Barnes Hill or Quniton Rd (Northfield Rd)stop and changing onto a frequent 23 from there (if the 822 is as bad as she says), its not that difficult. I have to change buses myself to get to where I want to go everyday, and never have an issue with it, as I recognise we can't all have a bus service service to where we want to go.

For a start in regards to where she mentions that these people were not aware of any consultations or route changes taking place, I certainly recall NX having route maps available hooked to the handlebars of buses, info available in travelshops, notices on bus stops/buses, etc, there's only so much NX can do in my opinion and if these people were unwilling to pay attention to notice the changes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on January 12, 2019, 06:22:07 PMWell reverting X22 back to 22 for a start seems to be a massive change that would impact various routes - X20/X21/X22, 23, 24, 27, leave Quintion Rd with no service, etc. .

They'd still have the 27, so they can still change in Harborne...

In all serious though, any changes made to these sort of routes will have a domino effect and require further changes because of how they were done.

monkeyjoe

Kinda related I know wrong garage however I heard the birmingham mail are asking people for their feedback on the 94 changes I.e cooks lane with no bus etc

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 12, 2019, 06:29:57 PM
Kinda related I know wrong garage however I heard the birmingham mail are asking people for their feedback on the 94 changes I.e cooks lane with no bus etc
Cooks Ln, have the Claribels 94 which is being removed of Cooks Ln in 2 weeks, other than school journeys, I wouldn't expect Claribel would also be withdrawing it, if it was being sufficiently used.

No bus, is incorrect, as there's still the 71.

I'm sure NX and Claribels have changed these routes for a reason, if not enough people are using the routes or they could be improved, then they will change.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on January 12, 2019, 06:33:11 PM
Cooks Ln, have the Claribels 94 which is being removed of Cooks Ln from next week, other than school journeys, I wouldn't expect Claribel would also be withdrawing it, if it was being sufficiently used.

No bus, is incorrect, as there's still the 71.

I'm sure NX and Claribels have changed these routes for a reason, if not enough people are using the routes or they could be improved, then they will change.

Well aware of that lol just saying people are going on about now because of the claribels changes at end of month and the press of got hold of it

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on January 12, 2019, 06:22:07 PM
Whats wrong with the 68 reg being on the 23 or 63, they're unbranded platinums, so they will be used on all BC routes which use MMC - so that's the X1, X2, 60, 23, 24, X20, X21, X22, X70, 61 and 63.

I don't see any connection between this and the 61 route.

If what you yourself are suggesting is reintroducing the 22, Well reverting X22 back to 22 for a start seems to be a massive change that would impact various routes - X20/X21/X22, 23, 24, 27, leave Quintion Rd with no service, etc.

I wouldn't expect that just because the she's complaigned it automatically means, that the service will change, though reading some of her comments (i.e hourly frequency on the X22) its probably not possible and not that simple for NX to make it more frequent than that at that time of night, due to reduced usage at that time of night, it probably wouldn't be comercially viable.

Sureley those kids are more than capable of catching a X22 to the Barnes Hill or Quniton Rd (Northfield Rd)stop and changing onto a frequent 23 from there (if the 822 is as bad as she says), its not that difficult. I have to change buses myself to get to where I want to go everyday, and never have an issue with it, as I recognise we can't all have a bus service service to where we want to go.

For a start in regards to where she mentions that these people were not aware of any consultations or route changes taking place, I certainly recall NX having route maps available hooked to the handlebars of buses, info available in travelshops, notices on bus stops/buses, etc, there's only so much NX can do in my opinion and if these people were unwilling to pay attention to notice the changes.

I think you have a short memory. The publication of the South West Birmingham changes was nothing short of a shambles. Multiple aborted attempts at posting partial and error strewn information on the NXBus website, and ridiculously late given the fundamental nature of the changes.

Quote from: Mike K on January 12, 2019, 07:40:58 PM
I think you have a short memory. The publication of the South West Birmingham changes was nothing short of a shambles. Multiple aborted attempts at posting partial and error strewn information on the NXBus website, and ridiculously late given the fundamental nature of the changes.
Though they did put information out 3 weeks before the changes from what I recall, I certainly recall travelling on various routes and even the 11 with information about the changes clearly onboard.
It was probably a bit late, but they can hardly  say "they never knew", they simply never paid attention so didn't notice them. A number of people don't seem to and never seem to notice till the changes are actually implented with ever service change, regardless of how long the information was published prior to the change.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk