News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

X8 , 16 , 7 all show it too in a new font will they be keeping the new font ?? Looks a lot better
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SK68MEV

Quote from: mesub on November 07, 2018, 04:04:06 PM
Thanks, I was wondering why as well.
as they have the updated display
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Solo1

X1 X2 60 now stopping  at stop where Bristol rd x20/1/2 on moor st queensway by carrs lane church not sure for how
Long due to primark  having work done on the rear

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on November 08, 2018, 07:21:49 PM
X1 X2 60 now stopping  at stop where Bristol rd x20/1/2 on moor st queensway by carrs lane church not sure for how
Long due to primark  having work done on the rear

According to Network West Midlands website, it is due to 'paving works'. The stop is temporarily closed until Monday 12th.

QuoteStop MS4 on Moor Street Queensway is temporarly closed.

NXWM X1, X2, & 60 services will depart from stop MS8 further along Moor Street Queensway, outside Carrs Lane Church.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

4148 now has an allover advert for the BBC.

Photo on the main site later

MasterPlan

I'm still not a fan of the B7RLEs but I have to say that 2137 is looking smart now. Both the crimson livery and the new seats suit it down to the ground.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 10, 2018, 08:37:21 PM
I'm still not a fan of the B7RLEs but I have to say that 2137 is looking smart now. Both the crimson livery and the new seats suit it down to the ground.

Completely opposing view there. Best single deckers to be made. Caught 2110 on the 9 the other day lovely smooth journey, they seem so effortless in gathering speed, terrific vehicles,  much better than any mmc and e200. The crimson does suit it well though I agree

CL

4945 in allover Ebay wrap

Out on the 60, just left Lyndon Road for Cranes Park. I may be wrong, but I make it out to arrive back into City at 1338.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on November 13, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
4945 in allover Ebay wrap

Out on the 60, just left Lyndon Road for Cranes Park. I may be wrong, but I make it out to arrive back into City at 1338.

complete with twinkly lights

Trident 4194

The 14s looked to be in a bit of a mess this afternoon. Saw a 14E to chelmsley Wood, and a NIS trident too. I was lucky to catch 4185 on the 14, which was thrashed all the way to alum rock road, where we caught up with a 46** trident.

One of the best tridents still going in my opinion. Much better than 4179 which I had also caught earlier

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 13, 2018, 08:08:33 PM
The 14s looked to be in a bit of a mess this afternoon. Saw a 14E to chelmsley Wood, and a NIS trident too. I was lucky to catch 4185 on the 14, which was thrashed all the way to alum rock road, where we caught up with a 46** trident.

One of the best tridents still going in my opinion. Much better than 4179 which I had also caught earlier

Being on a 14, catching up with another one isn't them 'in a bit of a mess', it's a frequent service. And 14E's are quite normal.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 13, 2018, 07:07:13 PM
The university services tonight are awful!

To be honest this is a regular occurance on these routes. I reckon the only way these routes can become viable is the following:

Blocking off the Edgbaston Park Road stretch of the route to buses / taxis only. Therfore freeing up a bit of space along the route.

Cretaing a bus lane on the other side of Bath Row and thereby removing the parked cars. Additionally extending the bus lanes where possible.

Unfortunately I cannot see either as logistically possible so I think these routes are doomed to further changes soon.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Kevin

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 13, 2018, 11:10:48 PM
To be honest this is a regular occurance on these routes. I reckon the only way these routes can become viable is the following:

Blocking off the Edgbaston Park Road stretch of the route to buses / taxis only. Therfore freeing up a bit of space along the route.

Cretaing a bus lane on the other side of Bath Row and thereby removing the parked cars. Additionally extending the bus lanes where possible.

Unfortunately I cannot see either as logistically possible so I think these routes are doomed to further changes soon.

Bath Row seems to be better now with the stretch of bus lane and the work around Holloway Circus finished, but it does still take a sizeable chunk of Broad Street traffic which obviously will remain until the tram works are done

Then Edgbaston Park Road gets used as a rat run to avoid the Bristol Road with all the traffic on there at the moment, so yeah I'd agree you could restrict it to buses and taxis but that's only really going to screw the BR over even more

And then of course the QE traffic, which regularly backs onto the New Fosse Way roundabout and the X22 gets it worst trying to go round Mindelsohn Way, I'd actually suggest the X22 continuing straight then right onto Harborne Lane would help
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack6101

4949 has now been done in the eBay livery it's on the 61/3
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

B.C Driver

Quote from: Jack6101 on November 15, 2018, 10:34:09 AM
4949 has now been done in the eBay livery it's on the 61/3

4946 also.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk