News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

4181 on the X70 today displaying 70.

SK68MEV

Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Mike K

6891 now has the offside advert frame fitted, presumably 6890/2 and the ex-X61 examples will follow suit.

John

Quote from: Mike K on October 23, 2018, 06:04:47 PM
6891 now has the offside advert frame fitted, presumably 6890/2 and the ex-X61 examples will follow suit.

Most, if not all of the old X61 buses have been done I believe

Tony

Novelty visitor expected at BC later today. One of Dundee's Emeralds for preparation as an exhibit at the show at the NEC next week

CL

Quote from: Tony on October 24, 2018, 08:10:27 AM
Novelty visitor expected at BC later today. One of Dundee's Emeralds for preparation as an exhibit at the show at the NEC next week
Sorry to be the one to pester; Is there an ETA?

Would be a shame if it's already arrived. 😂
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on October 24, 2018, 11:27:41 AM
Sorry to be the one to pester; Is there an ETA?

Would be a shame if it's already arrived. 😂

Not here yet, I'm currently in an upstairs office there. Don't have an ERA I'm afraid

CL

Quote from: Tony on October 24, 2018, 11:56:33 AM
Not here yet, I'm currently in an upstairs office there. Don't have an ERA I'm afraid
No problem & thank you!

Guess I'll just wait it out then. Can't imagine it'll be too long :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

I went on 6882 on the X22 today on the 09:10 from Birmingham City Cenre.
There often seem to be people unfamiliar with the area they are travelling in, on these routes (X20/X21/X22) whenever i've used them, who've seemingly got of the train at New Street, so the next stop anouncements are certainly useful.
But they certainly should be updated, the Next Stop Anouncements on this route, after pulling away from the stop on Bath Row announced "The next Stop, is School of Education", someone nearly got of at "Wheeleys Road, St James Road" earlier thinking it was the "School of Education" stop, until the driver told them they were getting of at the wrong stop.

It'd be useful for the next stop announcement to anounce "Alight at this stop for the QE Hospital" as well when at the University Station, as you can miss the glimpse of the main entrance if your not looking as it is largely hidden behind the trees. Then again the driver did announce it on his speaker, but the person who asked the driver if its going to the QE in Birmingham, strangely seemingly didn't hear and remained on the bus.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Is there any paticular reason why this comes into place at 10AM? -
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1055013705098936322

Surely it makes more sence for it to be in place from 04:05 AM (Start Of Service), rather than moving in the middle of the day?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Harborne Road bus lane works now well in progress.

(23/24 will soon be more 'X' than the X20/21/22  ;))

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 24, 2018, 05:18:49 PM

Surely it makes more sence for it to be in place from 04:05 AM (Start Of Service), rather than moving in the middle of the day?

10am is hardly "the middle of the day"  ;)

My best guess is that they plan to have inspectors and volunteers around to guide people and assist passengers towards the new stop and perhaps no-one wants to hang around Birmingham city centre at 5am on a Sunday.

This seems like a sensible move to be honest, on the couple of times recently I've caught the 2 or 3 home from Carrs Lane, if more than one 97 is parked up at the Albert Street stop, it can make getting around them a little awkward, especially with buses and other vehicles coming in the opposite direction.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Anyone else find the E400 mmc platinum at BC ridiculously quick? Maybe it's because regularly I get them on the x22 which is usually late as you could guess.

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 24, 2018, 08:34:30 PM
Anyone else find the E400 mmc platinum at BC ridiculously quick? Maybe it's because regularly I get them on the x22 which is usually late as you could guess.

Your comment doesn't make any sense. Buses are as quick or slow as traffic congestion and timetable scheduling will allow them to be.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

V89MOA

Quote from: 2206 on October 24, 2018, 05:18:49 PM

Another service being pushed further away from the City Centre? Surely not...

Anyone been monitoring Carrs Lane since the last movements I wonder? Seems to be a daily occurrence now to have Pershore Roads blocking the road off, as well as the 2/3/5/6 stop causing a bottleneck on both the road and pavement with too many buses and Passengers fighting for too small a space, all while a vacant bus stop is going to waste next to it.
Tfwm still unable to get the basics right 6 years later...  ::) ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk