News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 05, 2018, 01:34:55 PM
I have to say there was something quite nostalgic about waiting for a bus on Colemore Row again, only one stop over from where the 'Harbornes' used to be too. That diversion to Five Ways seems a bit convoluted though, I can imagine it'd take long to navigate in peak times?
They used to use the stop that they're using at the minute a few years back.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 05, 2018, 01:34:55 PM
I have to say there was something quite nostalgic about waiting for a bus on Colemore Row again, only one stop over from where the 'Harbornes' used to be too. That diversion to Five Ways seems a bit convoluted though, I can imagine it'd take long to navigate in peak times?

The diversion up to Five Ways does get congested in rush hour and can be slow, but it does move. Put it this way, it's miles better than being stuck on Smallbrook Queensway for ages!

I'd like to think that this anti-clockwise city loop might be retained when all of these roadworks are finally finished.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on October 05, 2018, 02:11:06 PM
The diversion up to Five Ways does get congested in rush hour and can be slow, but it does move. Put it this way, it's miles better than being stuck on Smallbrook Queensway for ages!

I'd like to think that this anti-clockwise city loop might be retained when all of these roadworks are finally finished.

Sadly I can only imagine! The traffic on Bath Row/Holloway Circus is getting worse and not just in peak times. But what can be done about it really.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Squiz1971

@Jack D don't you mean 5508 rather than 5058???

SK68MEV

Looks like the rest of the ex X61 branded are getting price branded today any idea when the advert frame will be installed
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

4610 was lost in Newtown on a 14, towards Birmingham City Centre today, about 45 minutes ago.
Jensens Road was closed today due to the half marathon, it came down Dartmouth Middleway
The driver then hesitated looking round and seemingly, lost and confused on Dartmouth Circus, (between the exit and entrance of and onto Corporation Street), he then decided to carry on along Newtown Middleway into Newtown.
Not sure way it went, once it got down to the Newtown Row junction.

A NX coach looked a bit lost at Old Square as well at about 14:30 and was seemingly going to turn right onto the Priory Queensway (in the direction of Digbeth Coach Station) of the Corporation Street diversion, until the driver saw the road closed signs - unusual to see a NX coach there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: Hammad on October 14, 2018, 02:11:49 PM
Looks like the rest of the ex X61 branded are getting price branded today any idea when the advert frame will be installed

Does it really matter?

SK68MEV

Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

CL

Not seen it mentioned elsewhere; 4176 has received a full body wrap for 'Call of Duty: Black Ops III'

Out on the X20s (etc) today..
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Anyone know the times of call of duty bus will be in city on x20
Etc  thanks

Tony

It is now on the 60 next due in City at 10:31

dingding

6854 is on the X2 (16:10 short from Solihull to the Swan, currently on Old Lode Lane) at the moment, with no working ticket machine, not charging fares and blue paper stuffed in the cash chute.

Does anyone know why they sent it out without a working ticket machine.
Are they short of suitable vehicles?

It now has an anouncement which says 'this service terminates here, all change please and thankyou for travelling with us' as well, i've not seen that used before.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on October 18, 2018, 04:23:02 PM
6854 is on the X2 (16:10 short from Solihull to the Swan, currently on Old Lode Lane) at the moment, with no working ticket machine, not charging fares and blue paper stuffed in the cash chute.

Does anyone know why they sent it out without a working ticket machine.
Are they short of suitable vehicles?

I doubt it was sent out like that. Must have happened whilst it's out. Would you rather it went back to depot and have a bus missing?

Mike K

6892 has now also received generic Platinum branding and had its rear windows covered. I'd thought that maybe 6890-92 were being held back and might be X20/21/22 branded if a few of the 2018 deliveries were used to upgrade the X21 to Platinum, but looks like that won't be the case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk