News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 03, 2017, 12:33:45 PM
Where does the 99 go that's so dirty?! I've seen a few of those buses that are absolutely filthy!

Welsh House Farm. I used to go out with someone from there and she was very dirty.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Mike K on February 03, 2017, 01:52:10 PM
Welsh House Farm. I used to go out with someone from there and she was very dirty.

@Mike K PMSL  ;D ;D ;D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

GeminiFan1991

Yeah but how dirty is the farm though ?

Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MasterPlan

Haha!! Oh God...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

monkeyjoe

How are the Bristol Rd changes, is there the overcrowding on the 63 people we're predicting ? Has the x61 been well received ?

MasterPlan

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 03, 2017, 07:21:38 PM
How are the Bristol Rd changes, is there the overcrowding on the 63 people we're predicting ? Has the x61 been well received ?

I haven't seen any overcrowding on the 63 personally.

I do have a question though. How come the 63 hasn't been route branded at all? Surely it's a key route, no? I'm sure some e400s can be branded with the same colour of blue on the X61

:D

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 03, 2017, 07:21:38 PM

I've noticed that people tend to take whatever comes first anyway and this sometimes ends up with the X61 being mostly empty. I've been on one with myself as the only passenger on the bus from the city centre to the university. I took the X61 beyond the university a few times, and even with bypassing Selly Oak, it's still not useful, probably the reason why passengers don't tend to wait for the X61. I didn't see any overcrowding on the 63.

The only reason I skip the 63 is better heating on platinum buses.

I think what X61 really needs is less bus stops between the city centre and Selly Oak.

MasterPlan

Bypassing Selly Oak may be part of the problem. I've done the journey from town to Selly Oak before and to be honest having to get off before it turns right onto the new road and walking isn't an attractive prospect. I'd imagine plenty of people feel the same. That right turn is pointless. Just have it go through Selly Oak but less stops than the 63

BigDaddyCool

I was thinking this last night - coming back on the 63.

What on earth is attractive about coming through Selly oak during rush hour on a bus? It's horrendous. It's only getting worse. I don't know the cause but I can clearly see why people opt for the train!

The route the x61 takes is pointless. At the movement the traffic isn't too bad while the he island isn't fully functional, but when it is, I fear you would easily get to Northfield quicker on the 63 than you would the x61.

I love the fact the x61 was upgraded, but there are some tweaks which I think would make this service a lot more appealing.

Kevin

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 04, 2017, 07:21:47 AM
Bypassing Selly Oak may be part of the problem. I've done the journey from town to Selly Oak before and to be honest having to get off before it turns right onto the new road and walking isn't an attractive prospect. I'd imagine plenty of people feel the same. That right turn is pointless. Just have it go through Selly Oak but less stops than the 63

Simple response to that is don't catch it then
It's not meant as a bus to that part of Selly Oak, it's meant as an express bus avoiding that part, you've got the 63
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

B.C Driver

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on February 04, 2017, 08:21:34 AM
I was thinking this last night - coming back on the 63.

What on earth is attractive about coming through Selly oak during rush hour on a bus? It's horrendous. It's only getting worse. I don't know the cause but I can clearly see why people opt for the train!

The trouble is, at Edgbaston Park Rd by the fire station, there's a set of traffic lights, a few more yards at Bournbrook Rd there's another setof traffic lights, a few more yards at the bypass junction, you've guessed it - another set of traffic lights.
Too many traffic lights in a short area. Plus as you drive through Selly Oak paricually opposit 'The Goose' there's parked cars which reduce it from 2 lanes to 1.
Birmingham City council need to look at this area.
Also Priory Rd junction could have have a left hand filter lane coming from City, there's plenty of space....
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

37351ml

Is 6826 alive and well- not seen it for ages.

Tony

Quote from: 37351ml on February 06, 2017, 06:48:09 PM
Is 6826 alive and well- not seen it for ages.

It will be back very soon

CL

808 on the 24 - if of any interest...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

monkeyjoe

The current 97 is funded by Resorts world and not the airport I didn't realise. Random fact for the day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk