News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

Quote from: Stu on May 20, 2015, 08:48:27 PM
Will they enter service on bank holiday Monday? Haven't had a good trip on the 900 for a while now, that's my bank holiday sorted then! ;)

Just prepare yourself that the 900 may be very busy on Bank Holiday Monday if the train strike is going ahead that afternoon!

CL

Quote from: D10 on May 20, 2015, 09:00:41 PM
Just prepare yourself that the 900 may be very busy on Bank Holiday Monday if the train strike is going ahead that afternoon!

It'll be worth it. Haha! As mentioned before, these buses will put a good impression on Birmingham's Public Transport industry - as well as setting a good image to foreign tourists alike. Personally, I'd like to get on an early journey. Perhaps around 8/9am... I doubt it'll be hectic then. Hell, I'd spend the whole day on these buses! ;) I have a feeling that the 900 will get something similar on board, like the 9's did, where people were giving out leaflets, with route information, vehicle details, vouchers, etc - though, it may not. :-\
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Chris2301

Is a trident 4218 on 22 to kitwell noteworthy?

CL

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 22, 2015, 09:32:27 AM
Is a trident 4218 on 22 to kitwell noteworthy?
I guess so. Anything that isn't the normal B5HL allocation, with the odd Enviro (22s) - speaking of which 4948 is on there too.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

AndrewLee

Some WB buses on loan to BC for the cricket specials

Solo1

Quote from: Stu on May 20, 2015, 08:48:27 PM
Will they enter service on bank holiday Monday? Haven't had a good trip on the 900 for a while now, that's my bank holiday sorted then! ;)
how many are need for the 900 service includes the short trips

Tony

Tony

Quote from: Rob2832 on May 22, 2015, 09:10:11 PM
Sorry! @Tony thought it was.

PVR is peak vehicle requirement, not the number of running boards, which may not all be out at the same time

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Matt on May 23, 2015, 07:18:31 PM
2132 and 2145 on the x64 thought this was a double deck route?

According to the spreadsheet, B7RLE's are also allocated to the route time to time. Seen a few myself.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Alex

Quote from: Matt on May 23, 2015, 07:18:31 PM
2132 and 2145 on the x64 thought this was a double deck route?

@Matt Evening and Sunday journeys interwork with the 98, so would be B7RLE's
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Trident 4609

2126,2135 and 2138 are on the 957

4949 is on here though.

GeminiFan1991

I finally visited BC today and I always choose Sunday and it was a good day. I've always wanted to see the biggest garage and I caught a glimpse of a Platinum parked at the back and seeing the Bus Yard was also great.

Wouldn't mind a supervised walk around if anyone is offering to fix me up ! :P

MW

Quote from: BusFan on May 24, 2015, 04:47:11 PM
I finally visited BC today and I always choose Sunday and it was a good day. I've always wanted to see the biggest garage and I caught a glimpse of a Platinum parked at the back and seeing the Bus Yard was also great.

Wouldn't mind a supervised walk around if anyone is offering to fix me up ! :P

If you go in and ask the engineers, they may let you. Back in 2008-2010 times, most garages let me in. I went to AG, BC, BY, LH, PB, PE & WA.

All of them let me roam around freely, except LH in which an engineer supervised us. Now though, the Health & Safety side of it has greatly increased (I've seen Dean Finch's video a million times now. Those who work for NXWM will probably know what I'm on about).

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on May 24, 2015, 11:28:18 PM
If you go in and ask the engineers, they may let you. Back in 2008-2010 times, most garages let me in. I went to AG, BC, BY, LH, PB, PE & WA.

All of them let me roam around freely, except LH in which an engineer supervised us. Now though, the Health & Safety side of it has greatly increased (I've seen Dean Finch's video a million times now. Those who work for NXWM will probably know what I'm on about).

Having worked in a petrol station, I'm well aware of H&S ! I wouldn't even know how to go in, let alone ask someone. I just stick to the pavement and try not to look suspicious. If I see an engineer, I'll attempt to ask someone.

I personally don't think any would let me in. 

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BusFan on May 24, 2015, 11:48:18 PM
Having worked in a petrol station, I'm well aware of H&S ! I wouldn't even know how to go in, let alone ask someone. I just stick to the pavement and try not to look suspicious. If I see an engineer, I'll attempt to ask someone.

I personally don't think any would let me in. 

Why not just do what @MW AMD @John did and go work for NX. I'm sure there are more members on here who were enthusiasts and then was drivers
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk