News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on May 12, 2015, 06:14:59 PM
On the actual site. As in the 'premises' i think...

They move!

CL

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2015, 06:31:25 PM
They move!
Well, yeah, but... Easily mistaken, eh? :P ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on May 12, 2015, 07:20:42 PM
Well, yeah, but... Easily mistaken, eh? :P ::)

I mean that seriously though. They don't just arrive in a garage and park in one spot for a couple of weeks until they go out in service. They are type training driver on them, type training engineers on them, as shown today, venturing out for publicity shots.

Don't expect them to be easily photographable on a Sunday morning. The garage is full

CL

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2015, 07:23:42 PM
I mean that seriously though. They don't just arrive in a garage and park in one spot for a couple of weeks until they go out in service. They are type training driver on them, type training engineers on them, as shown today, venturing out for publicity shots.

Don't expect them to be easily photographable on a Sunday morning. The garage is full

I understand. I don't know much about garage logistics, and honestly find it interesting, especially from a driver's perspective. :) Thanks, Tony
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Names for all of 4940-9 & 5501-18 are now on the main site, save everyone listing them individually when they see one

Squiz1971

Quote from: clayderman on May 12, 2015, 06:14:59 PM
On the actual site. As in the 'premises' i think...
Oh right my mistake I thought it was for the pictures on here not to take pictures at the depot

Ben

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 11, 2015, 11:14:48 AM
They are being replaced by the platinum buses existing e400 on 900/957 are going to the pershore road services 45/47

Silly me.

Another stupid question but does anybody know when the new vehicles will enter service? And whether going 'platinum' will cause any other changes to the 900? (e.g stopping prices/ticketing)

:D

Quote from: Ben on May 13, 2015, 12:49:05 PM
Silly me.

Another stupid question but does anybody know when the new vehicles will enter service? And whether going 'platinum' will cause any other changes to the 900? (e.g stopping prices/ticketing)

If they intend to change stopping pattern, timetable, or routing for 900/957, I would expect to see details for the changes appearing on Nxbus and Network West Midlands website at least a month before.

JoNi

Your an optimist, the changes for Coventry's changes for this weekend have only just become available on their webpage.

suavegarv

Will the Platinum services have their own special "Platinum issue" tickets or the bog standard ones!?

Also. Does "MMC" stand for anything in particular?

John

GeminiFan1991

Is there any difference between a Transbus Trident and a Dennis Trident/2 or am I just being to pedantic ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Ronnoc

Quote from: BusFan on May 16, 2015, 09:46:19 PM
Is there any difference between a Transbus Trident and a Dennis Trident/2 or am I just being to pedantic ?!
In the TWM models there are some differences, the dashboard is much more different, the cab door is slightly different, there is a metal pole tree guard, there is a CCTV screen and the on later orders there are different axles, but all those may have been in favour of TWM.

Trident 4609

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on May 16, 2015, 10:00:01 PM
In the TWM models there are some differences, the dashboard is much more different, the cab door is slightly different, there is a metal pole tree guard, there is a CCTV screen and the on later orders there are different axles, but all those may have been in favour of TWM.

Different Axles? Please explain ???

All the same but the name. The company was known as Transbus from 2001 to 2004 when Dennis and Plaxton were part of the same group (They are part ofvthe same company once again)

There are slight differences between the earlier examples (Until 4404) and later batches. There is an extra window on the older batches behind the staircase. As explained, The dashboard was redesigned and the cab doors are different. 4535-4634 were fitted with 'Crystal Clear' CCTV which of course hasn't worked for a long time. Also Tridents upto 4404 have a Diamond pattern design on the handrails whereas the later batch have grab poles with a smooth finish.

Also, The later batch (4425 onwards) appeared to have two less seats (73 compared to 75)

Ronnoc

Quote from: Nathan on May 16, 2015, 10:14:17 PM
Different Axles? Please explain ???

The back axles are a little different if you look closely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk