News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West side must have more fare paying clientele I assume that's why the East side of brum ends up with old buses, to be fair they do appear to be in very good condition as Tony has said many are recent refurbs. As your average punter can't tell the difference between a new bus and good refurbed one so why bother.

monkeyjoe

To be fair I haven't used a bus in years, however the same thing annoys me about Tesco stores. You get all the nice ones near their HQ with nice range offerings and crap ones in Brum with a lot of the lines I like not available. Understand you invest where you get growth, however as a potential consumer  in consistent offerings send out a clear message to me as a consumer that my business is not valued as much as other groups. Working for a large brand in account management and sales we aim to provide consistent service and levels nationally and across targeted demographics, which is why stuff like this annoys me. Any way end of. Moving on lol.

Gareth

Quote from: trident4370 on January 16, 2015, 11:28:36 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 16, 2015, 10:13:01 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 16, 2015, 10:07:34 PM
Anyone able to tell me what route 4633 would be on tomorrow? I want to capture the euro 4 engine with it.

That will be up to the allocator to decide in the morning.

I'll save you the trouble  :P Got to admit if all the ALX ZF Tridents sounded like that, I would actually like them  ::)
Get your feet off the rear facing seats! Other people have to sit on them!

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 17, 2015, 09:36:49 AM
To be fair I haven't used a bus in years, however the same thing annoys me about Tesco stores. You get all the nice ones near their HQ with nice range offerings and crap ones in Brum with a lot of the lines I like not available. Understand you invest where you get growth, however as a potential consumer  in consistent offerings send out a clear message to me as a consumer that my business is not valued as much as other groups. Working for a large brand in account management and sales we aim to provide consistent service and levels nationally and across targeted demographics, which is why stuff like this annoys me. Any way end of. Moving on lol.

Why do you constantly complain about the quality of vehicles on the 94, when you don't use it & haven't used a bus in years? Even if they did put new buses on the 94, you still wouldn't use as you no doubt commute by car or other means.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Winston on January 17, 2015, 01:26:38 PM

Why do you constantly complain about the quality of vehicles on the 94, when you don't use it & haven't used a bus in years? Even if they did put new buses on the 94, you still wouldn't use as you no doubt commute by car or other means.

Chill out time when i've got time on my hands. Don't think i've mentioned that route this year.

PM

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 17, 2015, 01:46:30 PM

Chill out time when i've got time on my hands. Don't think i've mentioned that route this year.

People not a fan of NXWM's quality on that route have the option of Claribels smart modern single deckers and friendly drivers anyway...

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Ronnoc

monkeyjoe

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 17, 2015, 02:33:46 PM

People not a fan of NXWM's quality on that route have the option of Claribels smart modern single deckers and friendly drivers anyway...

Amen

PM

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 17, 2015, 02:55:06 PM

Amen

Tbh they seemed to have a pretty loyal following the last time I used them which I must admit was a while ago... They're probably one of the best quality companies in the Midlands though... Fundamentally, I doubt NX will be able to beat unvandalised extremely modern single deckers on that corridor but 54 plate refurbed tridents are definitely an improvement...

On a separate point, what on earth is the point of having most route branding in blue?! Yes it looks nice but the idea of branding is that people can pick out their route from a distance?! With the 50/51/94/97 all using the same or similar colour, what's the point?!

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 17, 2015, 03:02:09 PM

Amen

Tbh they seemed to have a pretty loyal following the last time I used them which I must admit was a while ago... They're probably one of the best quality companies in the Midlands though... Fundamentally, I doubt NX will be able to beat unvandalised extremely modern single deckers on that corridor but 54 plate refurbed tridents are definitely an improvement...

On a separate point, what on earth is the point of having most route branding in blue?! Yes it looks nice but the idea of branding is that people can pick out their route from a distance?! With the 50/51/94/97 all using the same or similar colour, what's the point?!

+ Soho Rd

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 17, 2015, 03:03:30 PM

Amen

+ Soho Rd

Sorry, missed one out, there are that many ;D

I just fail to see the point, it ceases to be proper branding... Just a shame given the different colours they've shown they can use, the Sutton Lines livery looks nice, as does the 17 branding and even the 37/4/H/M branding, despite the lack of colours it works well on the OmniLinks.

monkeyjoe

Amen

Your point above that's the 14 not the 94. I believe the latter has Gemini's these days.

PM

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 17, 2015, 03:29:58 PM

Amen

Your point above that's the 14 not the 94. I believe the latter has Gemini's these days.

Of course, sorry, the 94 is run from PB so couldn't possibly have branded trident/alx400's!! In that case, there hasn't been much of an improvement then  ;D :P

monkeyjoe

NON at all lol. One saving grace missed the green branding stage, last branding before that went about 2008-2010. That was blue

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk