News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 15, 2015, 10:32:51 PM
Anybody seen the 14 branded 46xx's? Looks very smart.

@Liverpool Street , see Route Branded Buses off route thread
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

Further proof ex Lea Hall services being left with the crap old buses then.

Trident 4609

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 15, 2015, 10:57:04 PM

At least they are using their newest refurbished Tridents on there! The main PR and BR are still operating with Y reg unrefurbed examples with tired paintwork and etched windows.

monkeyjoe

They will get new buses, branded these buses suggests to me this one will not.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Nathan on January 15, 2015, 11:14:42 PM

At least they are using their newest refurbished Tridents on there! The main PR and BR are still operating with Y reg unrefurbed examples with tired paintwork and etched windows.

But to be fair that's all what the BR deserve. And its what the drivers would prefer anyway haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

You're beginning to sound like Bob now. The route get's dedicated buses, the batch chosen is one of the most reliable in BC garage, and then unlike most routes which get a solid number series, the 14 is getting buses which have been through Walsall and had a complete internal retrim most recently as well as a repaint, but they are still 'crap old buses'

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2015, 08:44:10 AM

You're beginning to sound like Bob now. The route get's dedicated buses, the batch chosen is one of the most reliable in BC garage, and then unlike most routes which get a solid number series, the 14 is getting buses which have been through Walsall and had a complete internal retrim most recently as well as a repaint, but they are still 'crap old buses'

So they aren't getting purely 46'xx's then?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 16, 2015, 09:40:49 AM

They are getting 46xx, but not 10 consequetive numbers

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2015, 09:43:53 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 16, 2015, 09:40:49 AM

They are getting 46xx, but not 10 consequetive numbers

Ahh. The way I read it it was any Trident which was fresh from refurb. I expect 4610 to not be branded with its TWM interior and original red and white livery.

4613 would be on the cards for branding when it returns I expect, possibly 4627 too?

What's the PVR for your favourite route, the 14, @Tony ? Haha
until it cought fire

Tony

4611; 4612 & 4614 are all where they should be, on the 14 today, another on the list to be done 4625 is in garage today so I suspect that is currently having the branding applied

CL

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2015, 09:56:50 AM
4611; 4612 & 4614 are all where they should be, on the 14 today, another on the list to be done 4625 is in garage today so I suspect that is currently having the branding applied

I saw 4623 - NIS on Broad Street. I was quite surprised, but something told me that the 14 would've been branded anyway... :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ronnoc

Anyone able to tell me what route 4633 would be on tomorrow? I want to capture the euro 4 engine with it.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 16, 2015, 10:07:34 PM
Anyone able to tell me what route 4633 would be on tomorrow? I want to capture the euro 4 engine with it.

That will be up to the allocator to decide in the morning.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

trident4370

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 16, 2015, 10:13:01 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 16, 2015, 10:07:34 PM

That will be up to the allocator to decide in the morning.

I'll save you the trouble  :P Got to admit if all the ALX ZF Tridents sounded like that, I would actually like them  ::)

monkeyjoe

I'm not bothered how I sound to be fair, it just angers me how West Brum get branded new vehicles everytime and in the East we get the bottom of the crop. That is my view, can't see if changing any time soon.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk