News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

4876 pulled out of service this morning due to someone throwing up on the bus. Now I'm not expecting NX to fart gold, but as a result, I am now late.

Edited to correct spelling error.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

danny

Alternatively... you could of sat next to or smelt someone's vomit?? 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

CL

Quote from: danny on October 05, 2016, 01:45:47 PM
Alternatively... you could of sat next to or smelt someone's vomit?? 
Well, obviously that's not what I was implying. Of course I understand that a replacement bus would take time to prepare it for service (should one be available) - nevertheless (and I'm not particularly sure how to word this without sound arrogant and narrow minded) when the 24 eventually arrived, there were two in convoy. A little bit of an inconvenience, if you asked me.

Furthermore, the 24 was diverted again via War Lane, Tennal Road and Tennal Lane due to a collision this morning in Harborne (Court Oak Road). Not particularly related to the vomit bus but added to the fact that I was late.

MasterPlan

Can anybody explain why a 24 comes into service at 7:25 am every morning right behind another 24 at Steelhouse Lane?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Lukeee

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 05, 2016, 05:51:44 PM
Can anybody explain why a 24 comes into service at 7:25 am every morning right behind another 24 at Steelhouse Lane?

Probably a duplicate bus or peak time extra in case the service gets busy, on the 7 route there's an extra bus usually about 2mins behind the timetabled working (think it leaves perry common at about 7:10) which runs to city then goes out of service

CL

Trident 4194

MasterPlan

Is the back led display on 5504 not working? I don't think it's the first time I've seen nothing on it.

John

6718 on the 60 left City around 15 minutes ago

MasterPlan

On another full single decker 29. Seems to be 90% singles lately again.

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 13, 2016, 05:04:14 PM
On another full single decker 29. Seems to be 90% singles lately again.

4 out of 11 running boards today were double deck which is about normal.

Now I know I left school 38 years ago, but I didn't know they had changed how to work percentage out

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2016, 06:18:51 PM

4 out of 11 running boards today were double deck which is about normal.

Now I know I left school 38 years ago, but I didn't know they had changed how to work percentage out

Well without access to such information how am I supposed to know the exact number in circuit? There's no need to be condescending...

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 13, 2016, 06:51:45 PM
Well without access to such information how am I supposed to know the exact number in circuit?

You were the one quoting 90%. To come to that conclusion you would have needed to have seen 10 buses including only 1 single deck

B.C Driver

Changing the subject slightly, I am surprised at the number of Tridents that appear on the 29, even on late nights too. As the Harborne routes operate the 13 plate Hybrids, I would have thought any non Hybrid buses would be of similar age (ie Enviro 400s or Single deck 21xx).
There are plenty of spare E400, yet almost daily there's at least a couple or more Tridents on the 29.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

BK63 YWP

@Bham Central Driver with potential ex PB enviro 400s coming which would fit well the batches. Do you think they would upgrade the 61/63 with them to work with the platinums of the X61 if I had to choose between a 16 year old Trident and a brand new bus I would go for the latter
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk