News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NX Dundee Volvo 7900H Fiction

Started by olias, June 27, 2013, 02:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: richie on June 29, 2013, 06:06:37 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 29, 2013, 06:00:33 PM
Quote from: Mike K on June 29, 2013, 05:54:10 PM
Guess it's all down to personal opinions. To me the MCV decker is downright fugly, whereas the Gemini looks timeless. But one man's munter is another man's beauty.

Mike,

I'm with you, I'm not keen on the MCV double decker, and not the biggest of the MCV single deckers, thankfully I don't think we'll be seeing any NX fleet orders for MCV bodied B7RLE

I have to be honest I have never seen an mcv decker until I read your post so googled pictures and I'm a fan nice design much better interior than the SD NX had which I detested.

Yeah haha the original evolution looks nice but theyve really messed about with it now....

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on June 29, 2013, 05:08:27 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 29, 2013, 09:12:17 AM
Quote from: Mike K on June 29, 2013, 08:23:20 AM
Quote from: trident4370 on June 29, 2013, 12:25:42 AM
I agree, and the Enviro range would have made a great "standard" new bus fleet for NXWM and they already have 400s and 200s but nooo they had to order the volvo sheds instead :(

One of the early versions of 1908 was an E300 trialled by NXWM but was not popular by all accounts. I think it would be a shame if NXWM standardised on ADL products like Stagecoach do. Like Winston I'd love to see some Wright bodied B9TLs for the likes of AG and WB. I also like the B7RLE, but it seems to be unpopular with most people on this forum.

No I agree I like the B7RLE too, but no B9TLs! Unless they are somehow better than the slightly older Arriva ones

To be honest, the MCV decker looks better than the gemini by far. Love pulsars, also like MAN products so some citysmarts/ecocitys would be nice as well. That volvo thing looks hideous though-surprised it is selling at all.

Like MAN products? MANs are the most unreliable pieces of crap on the road. Only ones they managed to sell in any numbers were the ones to Stagecoach and Stagecoach soon reliased what lemons they had been sold, stopped buying them and are now trying re-engining some of the newer ones to try and make them a bit more reliable. It cannot be on looks you like MANs because that depends on what bodies are on them

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 29, 2013, 08:19:57 PM
I agree, and the Enviro range would have made a great "standard" new bus fleet for NXWM and they already have 400s and 200s but nooo they had to order the volvo sheds instead :(

One of the early versions of 1908 was an E300 trialled by NXWM but was not popular by all accounts. I think it would be a shame if NXWM standardised on ADL products like Stagecoach do. Like Winston I'd love to see some Wright bodied B9TLs for the likes of AG and WB. I also like the B7RLE, but it seems to be unpopular with most people on this forum.

No I agree I like the B7RLE too, but no B9TLs! Unless they are somehow better than the slightly older Arriva ones

To be honest, the MCV decker looks better than the gemini by far. Love pulsars, also like MAN products so some citysmarts/ecocitys would be nice as well. That volvo thing looks hideous though-surprised it is selling at all.

Like MAN products? MANs are the most unreliable pieces of crap on the road. Only ones they managed to sell in any numbers were the ones to Stagecoach and Stagecoach soon reliased what lemons they had been sold, stopped buying them and are now trying re-engining some of the newer ones to try and make them a bit more reliable. It cannot be on looks you like MANs because that depends on what bodies are on them

If they are so unreliable then why did diamond buy more of them second hand-30704 and 30831-the fact is MAN has a good range of chassis that are more interesting than volvo/adl stuff and they are always really fast. Also, unlike ADL they have stuck with proper 6 cylinder engines as opposed to 4 cylinder things that clatter and shake-stagecoach bought MANs for years so they cant be that bad-euro 3 ones at least. And the citysmart/ecocity are good buses, an arriva north east engineer talking of their brilliant reliability and that when they arrived they would be "in for a treat" so I think this sums up MAN products better really

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on June 30, 2013, 06:24:49 PM

If they are so unreliable then why did diamond buy more of them second hand-30704 and 30831-the fact is MAN has a good range of chassis that are more interesting than volvo/adl stuff and they are always really fast. Also, unlike ADL they have stuck with proper 6 cylinder engines as opposed to 4 cylinder things that clatter and shake-stagecoach bought MANs for years so they cant be that bad-euro 3 ones at least. And the citysmart/ecocity are good buses, an arriva north east engineer talking of their brilliant reliability and that when they arrived they would be "in for a treat" so I think this sums up MAN products better really

Yes MANs are so good that people are queuing up to buy them, oh hang on the last MAN dealership dropped them because no-one would buy them. They are currently working out a new plan to 're-enter' the UK market. They are so good that some were sat doing nothing for 2 years after being built until they were offered at such a low price that Rotala were persuaded to buy the lot, then couldn't get rid of them fast enough partly because MAN were so useless they couldn't get spare parts at a decent price for them. When I was at Luton Airport I was talking to the APCOA people who took us up to the NX garage every day. They had 5 MANs but could never get more than 3 on the road any day and kept having to hire vehicles off Dawson Rentals to cover for them, normally two Merc Citaros which were incomparable to the MANs. Go and ask Stagecoach Nuneaton about their last batch of MANs (some of the last stagecoach purchased) if you want to know what people on the ground who have to deal with the things think of them once the intial 'new bus' novelty wears off

Liverpool Street

What about MAN trucks? Loads of them about.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 30, 2013, 07:33:19 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 30, 2013, 06:24:49 PM

Yes MANs are so good that people are queuing up to buy them, oh hang on the last MAN dealership dropped them because no-one would buy them. They are currently working out a new plan to 're-enter' the UK market. They are so good that some were sat doing nothing for 2 years after being built until they were offered at such a low price that Rotala were persuaded to buy the lot, then couldn't get rid of them fast enough partly because MAN were so useless they couldn't get spare parts at a decent price for them. When I was at Luton Airport I was talking to the APCOA people who took us up to the NX garage every day. They had 5 MANs but could never get more than 3 on the road any day and kept having to hire vehicles off Dawson Rentals to cover for them, normally two Merc Citaros which were incomparable to the MANs. Go and ask Stagecoach Nuneaton about their last batch of MANs (some of the last stagecoach purchased) if you want to know what people on the ground who have to deal with the things think of them once the intial 'new bus' novelty wears off

Fair enough but arriva engineers did rave about them though fair enough that might be the new bus novelty but surprised if rotala had such a bad expeience they have bought more MAN buses secondhand

Dylan4579

What about the MAN centro's compared to the B7RLE centro's

PM

Quote from: dgss1 on June 30, 2013, 07:53:26 PM

I prefer the MAN ones personally and according to diamonds drivers there fine

nitromatt1

I prefer the B7RLEs any day, if anything they feel faster to me and sound much nicer

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 30, 2013, 07:54:17 PM

I prefer the B7RLEs any day, if anything they feel faster to me and sound much nicer

MANs sound nicer especially with ZF gearbox that diamonds have-801-6 are fantastic buses

nitromatt1

Quote from: Peter123 on June 30, 2013, 07:56:50 PM

MANs sound nicer especially with ZF gearbox that diamonds have-801-6 are fantastic buses

Only ever been on 30806. Will try to catch it some time next week to remind myself of it

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 30, 2013, 07:58:18 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 30, 2013, 07:56:50 PM

Only ever been on 30806. Will try to catch it some time next week to remind myself of it

Yeah 806 is a good one tho prefer 802-loved catching that on the 50 especially when the drivers absolutely thrashed it-this video shows what I mean. B7rles are just dull in comparison

Liverpool Street

Yeah but what about the safety implications of so-called 'thrashing'?

Can't beat original Scania products. Is all I'm saying.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: The Rat on June 30, 2013, 08:03:35 PM
Yeah but what about the safety implications of so-called 'thrashing'?

Yeah granted safety is important but when ur running behind and the road is empty-I dont see the problem

Possibly original scania stuff is ok but the current stuff...

winston

Quote from: The Rat on June 30, 2013, 08:03:35 PM

The Rat,

Totally agree, I always used to like 3201-3247 Scania N113/Alexander RH & 1398 & 1399 Scania L113/Access Ultralows @ BC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk