News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Which Of the depot's is facing the most capacity issues.

Started by monkeyjoe, June 18, 2013, 06:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I am jujst curious really as I have read several posts, stating things like PB is suffering from a lot of overcrowding and is that could be the reason why not a lot happen in the North Birmingham review.

I also read read something saying that Lea Hall was closed due to health and safety issues of buses crowding to come in and out.

Also potential of a new out station for the 74,74,16 & 101 to free up space for WB & PB.

Is any of this fact or is it a load of bull. Discuss???

Stu

You appear to be referring to several posts that 'Matthew McKenzie' has made on my Facebook page (West Midlands Bus Users).

I'd take whatever he states with a pinch of salt; he may be correct about capacity issues at Perry Barr, hence why the 934 and 935 (and the new 936 service) are operated now from Walsall garage.

The possible outstation at Kenrick Way was mentioned here previously in this forum, but all has gone quiet on that front, hence why I stated on my page that it was just still rumour at this stage.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

D10

Lea Hall was not closed for H & S reasons, it was a financial decision to reduce costs by closing a garage down. Savings could be made amongst other things on Utilities and Staff.

Sh4318

According to what I've heard on here, I would say WB, the fact that WB didn't take the 289 after the June 9th changes tells me that they're almost at full capacity, if not there already
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

I know BC aren't, but the fact that the only buses that can fit in Adderley Street car park are Tridents, inside space and in the bus park I will begin to feel squeezed. Reason being the risk of grounding of these vehicles with longer wheelbase and overhangs can't get over the dip into Adderley St.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Am surprised that PE have never taken over either the 74 or 82/87 for WB, it would give them some much needed space back.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: D10 on June 18, 2013, 09:06:11 PM
Lea Hall was not closed for H & S reasons, it was a financial decision to reduce costs by closing a garage down. Savings could be made amongst other things on Utilities and Staff.

Additionally, at the time it was felt that there was excess capacity amongst NXWM B'ham garages and as D10 mentions costs savings could be made by reducing the number of operational garages & No of spare vehicles carried. The closure occurred after Dean Finch had conducted a review on NX Group businesses and a turnaround plan for the group was implemented

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 18, 2013, 09:25:30 PM
Am surprised that PE have never taken over either the 74 or 82/87 for WB, it would give them some much needed space back.

Stu,

I doubt PE have the capacity at present to take on high frequency/high pvr core routes such as those

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on June 18, 2013, 09:30:56 PM

Stu,

I doubt PE have the capacity at present to take on high frequency/high pvr core routes such as those

true Winston, would be nice to see PE have another high frequency DD route though!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 18, 2013, 09:34:11 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 18, 2013, 09:30:56 PM

Stu,

true Winston, would be nice to see PE have another high frequency DD route though!

Definitely Stu! PE would also carry more spare double deckers which could be used on other busy running boards

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Westy

What was the reason for shutting Washwood Heath?

That wouldve made a difference surely!

Gareth

At 90 years old, I believe it was the oldest operational garage in the company. It was also one of the smallest. All of its routes and fleet were easily transferred to other garages. Best garage ever was Washwood Heath!

winston

Quote from: Gareth on June 19, 2013, 10:07:03 PM
At 90 years old, I believe it was the oldest operational garage in the company. It was also one of the smallest. All of its routes and fleet were easily transferred to other garages. Best garage ever was Washwood Heath!

Gareth,

I'd have to disagree there, for me it was Quinton  ;)

JB93

I do miss Lea Hall garage :( 5 minute walk from me and it was nice having a sense of locality with all the East B'ham services.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk