News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

1672 Out Of Service

Started by domino.99, June 15, 2013, 10:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Quote from: 4006 on June 16, 2013, 11:27:49 AM
Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 11:15:01 AM
Just to say i have reported it and someone from nxwm and a pcso will be coming in to school on monday
Good on ya!  :)

Thanks Mate

notepanel

Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 11:24:57 AM
Quote from: John on June 16, 2013, 11:23:01 AM
Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 11:21:43 AM
So what do you think will happen to it do you think it will get withdrawn or what?

It won't get withdrawn, it will just get a replacement window

And how long do you think that will take?

It would depend how busy engineering is/having appropriate spares, but I've known windows to be replaced within hours.

Tony

Quote from: notepanel on June 16, 2013, 12:29:51 PM
Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 11:24:57 AM
Quote from: John on June 16, 2013, 11:23:01 AM
Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 11:21:43 AM
So what do you think will happen to it do you think it will get withdrawn or what?

It won't get withdrawn, it will just get a replacement window

And how long do you think that will take?

It would depend how busy engineering is/having appropriate spares, but I've known windows to be replaced within hours.

Buses with Gasket Glazing (held in with the rubber seals) can be repaired withing minutes, it normally takes longer for the cleaner to make sure none of the little squares of glass from the broken window are still on the bus than a fitter to actually fit the glass.

Buses with Bonded Glazing (glued onto the body frame) take longer as you have to wait for the glue to dry before the bus can be used again

Ashley 4569

Itl be back out tomorrow ill bet, theres plenty of spare parts for Mercs in a shed somewhere (theoretically)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on June 16, 2013, 01:35:27 PM
Itl be back out tomorrow ill bet, theres plenty of spare parts for Mercs in a shed somewhere (theoretically)
[/b]

A quick run down to PE should solve the problem if WN haven't got the right part, PE should have one or there are some scrap Mercs on the car park that would have one.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ashley 4569

If WN gutted 1544 when that was dusting over then they should have something.

mranon

are the mercs bonded windows? if so you risk breaking them removing them, and photos of withdrawn mercs on the net dont show many windows missing on the sides. as for the chap who reported the window smasher well done. be proud that the cuplrit gets a comeuppance

JackC

Quote from: mranon on June 16, 2013, 02:29:47 PM
are the mercs bonded windows? if so you risk breaking them removing them, and photos of withdrawn mercs on the net dont show many windows missing on the sides. as for the chap who reported the window smasher well done. be proud that the cuplrit gets a comeuppance

They are bonded, yes. They and the Scania's are the only buses in the NXWM fleet with bonded windows I believe. Every other bus has gasket.

Mike K

Quote from: JackC on June 16, 2013, 02:44:32 PM
Quote from: mranon on June 16, 2013, 02:29:47 PM

They are bonded, yes. They and the Scania's are the only buses in the NXWM fleet with bonded windows I believe. Every other bus has gasket.

I thought the B10Ls were also bonded. Gives buses a more modern appearance in my opinion. B7RLEs look miles better with bonded glazing.

John

Quote from: Mike K on June 16, 2013, 02:54:51 PM
I thought the B10Ls were also bonded. Gives buses a more modern appearance in my opinion. B7RLEs look miles better with bonded glazing.

I'm sure the B10Ls are, yes.

I also think the Solos are bonded as well

domino.99

Also one more question can you go to WN / PE garage and go and have a look around or do you have to get invited

winston

Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 03:10:26 PM
Also one more question can you go to WN / PE garage and go and have a look around or do you have to get invited

You can't just turn up to a garage anymore & expect to get permission to have a look around due to health & safety issues.

The only way to request a visit is to write a letter to the depot manager or NXWM HQ

Trident 4609

Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 03:10:26 PM

Write a letter to the garage like my mom did and they will say if you can or not.

I've been lucky enough to visit Park Lane garage twice. First in 2005 when i was 6 and second time On April 20th 2013.

JackC

Quote from: John on June 16, 2013, 03:01:10 PM
Quote from: Mike K on June 16, 2013, 02:54:51 PM

I'm sure the B10Ls are, yes.

I also think the Solos are bonded as well

Completely forgot about those two  ::)

BU07 LGO

nxwm are usually tight with the options list, the geminis look much better bonded such as first's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk