News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Stu on March 24, 2014, 07:27:19 PM
What's tweaked my curiosity though, is the seeming increase in recent weeks of doubles being used on the 6 (even on Sundays) alongside the Omnilinks.

Might be a repeat of YW tradition possibly. That being the 2 & 3 back to single deck? Suppose it could be a possibility. There always on and off with those two routes!

winston

Quote from: Michael on March 26, 2014, 04:23:10 AM
What's tweaked my curiosity though, is the seeming increase in recent weeks of doubles being used on the 6 (even on Sundays) alongside the Omnilinks.

Might be a repeat of YW tradition possibly. That being the 2 & 3 back to single deck? Suppose it could be a possibility. There always on and off with those two routes!

Didn't the 2 & 3 struggle capacity wise with single decks?

Sh4318

Quote from: Winston on March 26, 2014, 10:34:24 AM
Quote from: Michael on March 26, 2014, 04:23:10 AM

Didn't the 2 & 3 struggle capacity wise with single decks?

I imagine they would now, with the frequency of both routes lowered to only 3 buses an hour
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

trident4370

Don't forget you now only have as many buses per hour, during the daytime, as trains from Yardley Wood and Shirley stations, where is the incentive to catch the bus when an off peak day return on the train is less than a daysaver and it takes half the time... Clearly it has had at least some impact if there is now a shortage of parking at Yardley Wood Station, people don't want to wait upto 20 minutes for a bus when there is a better alternative. I say put the 2 & 3 back up in frequency and just lose the pointless Acocks Green extension on the 3, but what do I know...

Liberator9

Quote from: trident4370 on March 26, 2014, 10:49:26 PM
Don't forget you now only have as many buses per hour, during the daytime, as trains from Yardley Wood and Shirley stations, where is the incentive to catch the bus when an off peak day return on the train is less than a daysaver and it takes half the time... Clearly it has had at least some impact if there is now a shortage of parking at Yardley Wood Station, people don't want to wait upto 20 minutes for a bus when there is a better alternative. I say put the 2 & 3 back up in frequency and just lose the pointless Acocks Green extension on the 3, but what do I know...

I'd agreed; I'll have a look in my old 2/3 timetable to see what the frequency was when the Scanias from BY were running it. (wished they'd stayed!)

Sh4318

Quote from: trident4370 on March 26, 2014, 10:49:26 PM

I guess we'll have to see the results of the consultation before any changes are made to the 2/3

Stu

The registered changes are shown in the consultation thread; looks like the 3 is being revised to serve The Green Business Park instead of Acocks Green. (with the 1 being extended from Acocks Green to Haslucks Green Road to cover that part of the route)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on March 27, 2014, 08:34:28 PM
The registered changes are shown in the consultation thread; looks like the 3 is being revised to serve The Green Business Park instead of Acocks Green. (with the 1 being extended from Acocks Green to Haslucks Green Road to cover that part of the route)

I can't find anything on the 2/3 or 31/A. I hope the 3 doesn't serve the Business Park, I agree that it should serve Solihull

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on March 27, 2014, 09:10:45 PM

I can't find anything on the 2/3 or 31/A. I hope the 3 doesn't serve the Business Park, I agree that it should serve Solihull

PD0001111/70

Correspondence address postcode: BIRMINGHAM
    West Midlands, N&P, 21 Mar 2014: Bus Registration Variation
    WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN BIRMINGHAM B9 4BZ
    Operating between Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Maypole, Maypole Lane given service number 2 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/642

Correspondence address postcode: BIRMINGHAM
    WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN BIRMINGHAM B9 4BZ
    Operating between Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Shirley, Green Business Park given service number 3 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PD0001111/681

Operating centre town: BIRMINGHAM
    Operating between Birmingham, Corporation Street and Solihull/Shirley given service number 31 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

What?! The 1 being extended from Acocks Green is outrageous. They'll ruin the route. How would it work anyway? As the 1 is pretty frequent, and the 3 is, what, 2 per hour?

I reckon they'd be better off extending something like the S3, or whatever it's called nowadays, or one of those Central Connect or Silverline routes. The Acocks Green to Haslucks Green bit is subsidised, isn't it? If that is the case, then extending one of the Centro contracted routes that operate in Acocks Green shouldn't be an issue.

Liberator9

They could've extended the 30 to run along to Haslucks Green Lane from Acocks Green.

Rob H

4719 out on the 76 today (not sure if its unusual so I've posted it here) and it almost lost its n/s wing mirror. If it continued to try and get round 2111 on the 71 it would have have lost it.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

P419 EJW

Just saw 1408 on the Expressway, towards Birmingham, it is driven by an engineer (a guy with orange hi-vis jacket). While passing it on X51, 1408 did not have it's destination blinds.

Lukeee

Quote from: P419 EJW on March 31, 2014, 02:51:34 PM
Just saw 1408 on the Expressway, towards Birmingham, it is driven by an engineer (a guy with orange hi-vis jacket). While passing it on X51, 1408 did not have it's destination blinds.

Since when did the X51 use the expressway? Assuming you mean the flyovers from Perry Barr  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk