News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Facilities at bus stations

Started by Bob, May 20, 2013, 05:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

All decent bus stations should have adequate facilities, and wolves west brom and walsall all have pretty decent loos but has anyone ever had the misfortune to use the bog at Dudley bus station? ?? Jesus christ! Theyre like something out of SAW films!!!! A health hazard im surprised that A .. nwm allow dudley council to run such awful facilities and B theyre so bloody dreadful they oughta be shut! Also does the Connected City thing in brum include any provision? Cos birmingham council obviously want people to p##s in shop doorways considering theyve closed every bloody toilet theyve ever operated! Unless youre lucky enough to live in Harborne where theres 3!

nitromatt1

Quote from: bob on May 20, 2013, 05:11:33 PM
All decent bus stations should have adequate facilities, and wolves west brom and walsall all have pretty decent loos but has anyone ever had the misfortune to use the bog at Dudley bus station? ?? Jesus christ! Theyre like something out of SAW films!!!! A health hazard im surprised that A .. nwm allow dudley council to run such awful facilities and B theyre so bloody dreadful they oughta be shut! Also does the Connected City thing in brum include any provision? Cos birmingham council obviously want people to p##s in shop doorways considering theyve closed every bloody toilet theyve ever operated! Unless youre lucky enough to live in Harborne where theres 3!

At Halesowen there's no pay-to-use toilets for the simple reason that it's right by the Cornbow and Asda which both have clean and free toilets.

I have only been in the Dudley toilets once for about 1 second. I walked straight out again and have no intention to go in there again

mranon

wolves toilets are going downhill rapidly thanks to the tossers that keep vandalising them rendering them out of order

Bob

The best public toilets in wolves are the council run loo opposite beatties, attendants, soap, spotless, and even piped music! You wouldnt read about it lol

Dylan4579

Bearwood bus station is terrible. They don't even have the latest standard shelters!

the trainbasher

The sooner Dudley bus station is rebuilt to Wolverhampton standards., the better

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

notepanel

At Dudley are there seperate staff facilities? I appreciate as a general rule males are less fussy about toilets, but you'd think some drivers would be complaining or trying to get the union/company involved in attempting to bring them up to standard if they also have to use these toilets, let alone the decent customers!

vinh1000

I like stourbridge's facilities at its bus station :)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Bob

Quote from: notepanel on May 20, 2013, 06:49:31 PM
At Dudley are there seperate staff facilities? I appreciate as a general rule males are less fussy about toilets, but you'd think some drivers would be complaining or trying to get the union/company involved in attempting to bring them up to standard if they also have to use these toilets, let alone the decent customers!

Do centro run the facilities at wolves walsall Stourbridge etc? Maybe thats why their of a higher standard,  I know the dudley bogs are run by the local authority that could be why their so bad, round the corner there's some other ones in flood st that are allegedly award winning, their slightly less dread but still not very nice. Mind you cannock council dont provide any bloody bogs anymore unless your lucky enough to live in rugeley then they run bloody 3!!!

Trident 4609

Yes Bob, thats exactly why Wolverhampton/Walsall/West Brom and Stourbridge are of high standard as Centro run them.

Martin

The bogs in Walsall bus station are run by Walsall Council as there is a metal plaque on the wall by the bogs stating it.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Bob

Ahhhh I was pretty sure they ran wolves etc but werent 100% re walsall, those onea might come under walsall mbc. Though its not officially a bus stn but it is a busy interchange, bloxwichs bogs frequented by bus drivers are really really bad un refurbished since the 60s! And on sat they were shut!

Stu

I 'availed myself of the facilities available' at Dudley bus station the once, only out of sheer desperation as it was a long trek back home to Acocks Green. They weren't that bad, if you remember using a public toilet in the 70s.  :o
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Lol at least in Birmingham they had em in the bloody 70s lol. I can remember the underground gents in Stephenson place, werent to bad. Was there a gents at dale end? Opposite mcdonalds as the ramp goes up to what used to be a market area by the back doors to oasis theres a staircase going down with tiling that looks like a bog

Sh4318

I usually refrain from using bus station facilities
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk