News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Facilities at bus stations

Started by Bob, May 20, 2013, 05:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: bob on May 20, 2013, 08:32:08 PM
Lol at least in Birmingham they had em in the bloody 70s lol. I can remember the underground gents in Stephenson place, werent to bad. Was there a gents at dale end? Opposite mcdonalds as the ramp goes up to what used to be a market area by the back doors to oasis theres a staircase going down with tiling that looks like a bog

I know where you mean, can't think of any other reasonable explanation for it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Yea ive always wondered if it was a loo. When did all the underground ones shut? Theyve still got dozens of em in london an theres still one in solihull like that, clean n well kept

fleetline6477

Quote from: notepanel on May 20, 2013, 06:49:31 PM
At Dudley are there seperate staff facilities? I appreciate as a general rule males are less fussy about toilets, but you'd think some drivers would be complaining or trying to get the union/company involved in attempting to bring them up to standard if they also have to use these toilets, let alone the decent customers!

Yes there are driver facilities and rest room at Dudley Bus Station, which is behind the Bus Station at the bottom of the hill where the 74,87,126,311/3 and other routes enter after they have passed the Zoo.

In Birmingham City Centre NX have a facility in the little precinct behind the Square Peg linking Old Square and Upper Bull Street. it was originally a shop and the windows are covered in an all over advert for Travelcard and young people getting on a bus.

Bob

At least the drivers have got a facility in brum its more than the city council can be f#####d to provide for the public, its disgusting when you consider its the second city!

Westy

The only loos I could find in Brum at 8am last Wednesday were Maccy D's at Dale End.

(As for the reason why I was in Brum at 8am last week, that is a looong story!)

nitromatt1

If you're in Dudley and don't fancy using the loos there, just hop on a 241 or 244 to Halesowen, 25 minute ride, for a choice of free, modern, clean facilities in Asda or in the Cornbow shopping centre.

Andrew1991

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 20, 2013, 10:57:34 PM
If you're in Dudley and don't fancy using the loos there, just hop on a 241 or 244 to Halesowen, 25 minute ride, for a choice of free, modern, clean facilities in Asda or in the Cornbow shopping centre.

or hop on a bus to merry hill and there's more choice lol.

Sh4318

Thank god I commute by train  8)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

Quote from: Andrew (a1991) on May 20, 2013, 11:07:20 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 20, 2013, 10:57:34 PM

or hop on a bus to merry hill and there's more choice lol.

Busier toilets, further walk from the bus station and closed after 9pm

nx4737

To be fair, I consider The Square Peg its self to be one huge bus stop, you can go to the toilet and then sit in the warm waiting for you bus, you can even buy a drink if you feel like it!

RobQuinton

That sounds better than waiting in Superdrug on Corporation St for the 35.....as you used to be able to do.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

When I got of the 140 at Bearwood earlier on today a Centro man collared me for a 10 minute questionnaire about Bearwood bus stations facilities, might be one of the next ones to be re-developed, couldn't really give him much information though as never used it, just get of the 9, 140, 126, under the road and onto the 11A.

JB93

Does anyone know if Solihull train station has toilets? Whenever I waited for buses there and desperately needed the toilets I couldn't find them anywhere! And there's no signposting. I've seen bus drivers just walk to the trees by the grass to relieve themselves!

Tony

Quote from: JB93 on May 22, 2013, 03:40:11 PM
Does anyone know if Solihull train station has toilets? Whenever I waited for buses there and desperately needed the toilets I couldn't find them anywhere! And there's no signposting. I've seen bus drivers just walk to the trees by the grass to relieve themselves!

There are signs on the station to the toilets, they are free and clean

RobQuinton

At Acocks Green Garage the noticeboards were decorated with masses of notices warning drivers not to use the bushes, gardens etc round Solihull railway station as an open air toilet. I think the local residents arent impressed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk