News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by JYW, May 09, 2013, 04:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: 4817PGE on May 17, 2013, 12:54:20 PM
Guys I'm really sorry if this is a really insensitive thing to say; I cannot emphasise how sad it is what happened to that poor girl on 4816, but I'm slightly confused at the prospect of 4816 needing a new registration plate, fleet number and transfer over to Yardley? Can someone explain?

On a more important note, I hope whoever murdered Christina is locked up and the key thrown away, so that justice can be done for her family and friends. I'm not from Birmingham so I don't know much of what's happening.

In a nutshell at a guess, 4816 is probably a 'marked' bus at NX so if it had been transferred as is, no one would drive it!

Then again your average punter wouldnt know would they unless they saw it identified as 4816 on the TV news. I know I didnt know the actual number until I came on here!

4817PGE

Quote from: Westy on May 17, 2013, 02:12:41 PMIn a nutshell at a guess, 4816 is probably a 'marked' bus at NX so if it had been transferred as is, no one would drive it!

Then again your average punter wouldnt know would they unless they saw it identified as 4816 on the TV news. I know I didnt know the actual number until I came on here!

But surely those drivers who are driving 4799 will know it's former 4816 anyway won't they?

It's a fair point about the 'marked' bus though!

The Real 4778

I think we have explored this as far as is dignified, really. 

Drivers are contracted to drive buses, unless this bus is unroadworthy there's nothing much can be said to keep it off the road.  In my industry (rail), vehicles are involved with events like this on a far more common basis than anyone would like.  In the end, things have to move on.  Sad but a fact. 

Tony has explained that a management decision was taken to deal with the very sensitive and tragic issue, in the way that NXWM has handled it.  There's nothing to add to that, in my view.

Can we close it off, please?
Don't you start.

Ashley 4569

I have said that more than once and im loathed to say it but its just a bus.... Have some respect and look past the vehicle, just drop the whole topic

4817PGE

It's a fair point and I can't emphasise how tragic this event was, but I'm sorry changing the fleet number of a bus and it's registration will not do anything as far I can see anyway.

But anyway, hope the person responsible has/will be found.

Trident 4609

Quote from: 4817PGE on May 22, 2013, 12:06:16 PM
It's a fair point and I can't emphasise how tragic this event was, but I'm sorry changing the fleet number of a bus and it's registration will not do anything as far I can see anyway.

Please leave this subject alone now!

winston

Quote from: 4817PGE on May 22, 2013, 12:06:16 PM

NXWM have decided to give the bus a new identity & transfer it regardless of what anyone else thinks, so accept it, move on and close the matter once & for all  ;)

ilovetea4370

Might it be a good idea to lock this topic now, The bus is on the road again, nothing more needs to be said?

Driver03

To be fair I was thinking that myself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk