News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM vosa registrations from 9th June

Started by winston, April 16, 2013, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: Shaun on May 27, 2013, 03:49:41 PM
Looking at the new 289 timetable, it is a very much dying route:
Yep, the 4M has totally destroyed the route I think.

Im guessing Diamond has the 297A evening contract?

Kevin

Quote from: JB93 on May 25, 2013, 03:25:42 PM
Is the 66A now going to be Sutton Coldfield to Erdington? Then why not just call it the 111 again as it's basically the same route and will bear little or no resemblance to the 66?

Did wonder that at the time as well, makes no sense
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: s94 on May 27, 2013, 04:18:43 PM
Quote from: Shaun on May 27, 2013, 03:49:41 PM
Looking at the new 289 timetable, it is a very much dying route:
Yep, the 4M has totally destroyed the route I think.

Im guessing Diamond has the 297A evening contract?

Virtually no evening service and hourly Sunday shorts to Rowley Regis Hospital was not at all what I envisioned from the change, regardless of the success of the 4M. I wouldn't be surprised if the route is further curtailed to operate between Blackheath and West Bromwich, this route has virtually been killed.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

makkacdt

Nor me, looks like a change in blackheath to the 4 to get to merry hill. Lion farms buses are now offically usless
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Kevin

Thing is though, I can kind of see the other side of the arguement. Personally I saw the old 238 as "the only route from west brom to merry hill" and for a fair few people the easiest way to make that journey without getting the train at some point. Now the 4M exists that has (rightly so if I'm honest) taken that custom away as it is a much quicker route and presumably even attracted more people away from their cars. What they need to do now is work out what to do with those sections left on the 289, be it a local service to Merry Hill, Blackheath or West Brom or even some completely different route like (for example) a direct route into Birmingham

makkacdt

id agree to the birmingham link, see we lost the 129 first, then later on the 128 which was replaced with a near usless 89, and now the 289 is being run down, we can we go by bus? blackheath.. fun or spend sometimes an hour and half getting to birmingham. For me i can walk and get the 126 or even the 4, but the eldery who use these services in the monring and evening can not.
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Sh4318

I can't see anything but further demise for the 289, in the Portway area, the 89 serves more roads, which may make it the popular option. The 208 should now dominate the Brickhouse Farm area towards Merry Hill, there is now no direct access between Blackheath and Brickhouse Farm for evenings and Sundays, which was always a popular option when I used to use it regularly. I didn't think the 289 loadings were that bad from/to Merry Hill, average perhaps, but I've seen worse, i.e. 243.

sonic84

Out of interest, why do we think the 4M is a success now, but when diamond ran the similar 4H to Merry Hill a few years ago, it had very limited success.

Is it because it is diamond who ran it, and so for travelcard users the 238 / 289 was the only alternative.

Kevin

Quote from: sonic84 on May 29, 2013, 03:07:21 PM
Is it because it is diamond who ran it, and so for travelcard users the 238 / 289 was the only alternative.

Hit the nail on the head there I think, simply people prefer nx to others

s94

Any word on who will be operating the 297/A Monday to Saturday evening service if anyone?

Trident 4609

Quote from: s94 on May 30, 2013, 01:56:33 AM
Any word on who will be operating the 297/A Monday to Saturday evening service if anyone?

I would say Arriva or Diamond

uniquicity

WB running the 289 Sunday service. PVR 1. Vehicle is 1668, displaying Blackheath instead of Rowley Regis Hospital.

Sh4318

Quote from: uniquicity on June 09, 2013, 01:04:25 PM
WB running the 289 Sunday service. PVR 1. Vehicle is 1668, displaying Blackheath instead of Rowley Regis Hospital.

I don't see why they don't just run it everyday. Would they be able to spare 4 vehicles?

Ash

Shame something like the 289 couldn't be extended to Stourbridge, as to my knowledge there has never been a bus service between West Bromwich and Stourbridge which is very surprising and would provide a link from Oldbury and Blackheath to Stourbridge. I'm not sure the line of route it will take as I don't know the area that well but as there is no rail link or other means i have always been surprised that a bus has never ran from Stourbridge to West Bromwich in some form. Yes you can get the 246 and then the 74 but this journey would take well over an hour and requires a change.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk