News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM vosa registrations from 9th June

Started by winston, April 16, 2013, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 13, 2013, 04:43:00 PM
Shame something like the 289 couldn't be extended to Stourbridge, as to my knowledge there has never been a bus service between West Bromwich and Stourbridge which is very surprising and would provide a link from Oldbury and Blackheath to Stourbridge. I'm not sure the line of route it will take as I don't know the area that well but as there is no rail link or other means i have always been surprised that a bus has never ran from Stourbridge to West Bromwich in some form. Yes you can get the 246 and then the 74 but this journey would take well over an hour and requires a change.

I can't imagine much call for people in Stourbridge wanting to go to West Bromwich and vice versa. I'm sure if there was demand, a service would have been tried previously. Similarly NXWM have never re-instated the full 311 route between Walsall & Stourbridge

richie

Shame something like the 289 couldn't be extended to Stourbridge, as to my knowledge there has never been a bus service between West Bromwich and Stourbridge which is very surprising and would provide a link from Oldbury and Blackheath to Stourbridge. I'm not sure the line of route it will take as I don't know the area that well but as there is no rail link or other means i have always been surprised that a bus has never ran from Stourbridge to West Bromwich in some form. Yes you can get the 246 and then the 74 but this journey would take well over an hour and requires a change.

People in stourbridge don't want to go to West Brom nor do they want people from West Brom visiting lol plus the train is much quicker to the hawthorns.

winston

Quote from: richie on June 13, 2013, 04:48:26 PM
plus train is much quicker to the hawthorns.

And no one wants to go to The Hawthorns either.....

Dylan4579

Quote from: Winston on June 13, 2013, 04:55:09 PM
Quote from: richie on June 13, 2013, 04:48:26 PM
plus train is much quicker to the hawthorns.

And no one wants to go to The Hawthorns either.....
What are you saying???? WBA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

Ash

Winston you not a west brom fan haha, Yeah the demand might not be there just wondered if it had been tried in the past for example the early 90's or something. With the improvements being made to West Bromwich town centre it might bring in other people from other local towns such as Dudley, Walsall and may be even Stourbridge.

Sh4318

I honestly didn't see a problem with the 289, I caught it regularly from Merry Hill and the patronage was fine. I agree with the others. I don't think a direct bus between West Bromwich and Stourbridge is needed

I personally think the 289 should be curtailed to Blackheath or Rowley Regis Hospital and the 205 should be extended to Merry Hill via the old 289 route
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

richie

Quote from: Ash on June 13, 2013, 05:01:29 PM
Winston you not a west brom fan haha, Yeah the demand might not be there just wondered if it had been tried in the past for example the early 90's or something. With the improvements being made to West Bromwich town centre it might bring in other people from other local towns such as Dudley, Walsall and may be even Stourbridge.

The 238 used to go to Stourbridge. It used a similar route as the hansons one that went via Delph and Wollaston Farm!

Ash

Quote from: richie on June 13, 2013, 05:18:39 PM
Quote from: Ash on June 13, 2013, 05:01:29 PM

The 238 used to go to Stourbridge. It used a similar route as the hansons one that went via Delph and Wollaston Farm!

Thanks Richie, I'm not saying a bus from West Brom to Stourbridge is needed just wondered if there has ever been one and what people's view are if a service was introduced. For example the 4M how many people travel the complete journey from Walsall to Merry Hill or vice versa aa an alternative you can get the X51 to Birmingham or the train to New Street and have all the big named shops their in half the time.

s94

The recent change already proves those in Merry Hill/Quarry Bank etc have little interest in going to West Brom so those in Stourbridge certainly wont.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: s94 on June 13, 2013, 05:48:14 PM
The recent change already proves those in Merry Hill/Quarry Bank etc have little interest in going to West Brom so those in Stourbridge certainly wont.

Don't believe there ever would be a huge demand for a Stourbridge to West Bromwich service, after all, when WB used to operate services in the Stourbridge, it was never tried.

And the 311/3 hasn't really been missed!

Mind you, who from Stourbridge wants to travel to Wrens Nest? (X96)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Andrew1991

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 13, 2013, 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: s94 on June 13, 2013, 05:48:14 PM

Don't believe there ever would be a huge demand for a Stourbridge to West Bromwich service, after all, when WB used to operate services in the Stourbridge, it was never tried.

And the 311/3 hasn't really been missed!

Mind you, who from Stourbridge wants to travel to Wrens Nest? (X96)

Who wants a bus to wrens nest, it's safer to go to dudley zoo, at least there the animals are in cages

Sh4318

Who wants a bus from The Hawthorne and Cradley Heath? I hope they don't see this as a reason to curtail the 53 to Old Hill, such a sought after destination for passengers...

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Shaun on June 13, 2013, 09:27:24 PM
Who wants a bus from The Hawthorne and Cradley Heath? I hope they don't see this as a reason to curtail the 53 to Old Hill, such a sought after destination for passengers...

To be honest, think the 53 was a big big mistake, the 450 was a much better service between West Bromwich & Bearwood and if it were "really" needed, then surely a service could have been operated between Bearwood & Merry Hill Centre.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well surely the 141 does the Bearwood to Merry Hill stretch

Sh4318

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 13, 2013, 09:40:58 PM
Quote from: Shaun on June 13, 2013, 09:27:24 PM

To be honest, think the 53 was a big big mistake, the 450 was a much better service between West Bromwich & Bearwood and if it were "really" needed, then surely a service could have been operated between Bearwood & Merry Hill Centre.

I disagree. The 53 is basically the 123 between Bearwood and Merry Hill, with a little change, it serves Londonderry, I know several people, including myself who find good use to it. It's a fast link to Blackheath and a direct service to Merry Hill. Between Bearwood and Merry Hill, besides the 141, the 53 is the only option, and the 141 serves main areas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk