News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM vosa registrations from 9th June

Started by winston, April 16, 2013, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 07:13:43 PM
Quote from: JackC on April 16, 2013, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 05:27:49 PM
The new 936 service may upset a couple on here

Feels like a silly question but why would that be?

Before it was registered I was told where it was intended to go, but until I see confirmation that the route I was told was planned is what is registered I won't post it on here, but I believe it may be take some passengers off the 56 service

Just hope diamond put up a good fight back-the 56 does well though unlike the 997 which is virtually dead-why don't NXWM concentrate on improving their own network instead of trying to step on diamond's toes. Mind you, NXWM are awful as setting up new routes in the past ten years they decided to combine the 35 and 27 which was stupid, fiddle about with the 27 and start a 20-that lasted well! and then the best one must be the 46 and 46X which anyone could have said would not possibly work. Let's not forget the X1-another successful NX innovation and if loadings on the 4H are anything to go on then this wont last very long. Hope customers on the 56 most of whom have diamond passes-stay loyal. And there'll probably have axed the cannock extension just so they can concentrate on getting diamond off the road-such is life

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on April 16, 2013, 06:45:37 PM
Quote from: paulb1973 on April 16, 2013, 02:32:49 PM
From a Coventry point-of-view, there appears to be a new 27 City - Toll Bar End - current service 3A [and 7 in peak periods] covers this area. Although Cov route 7 (along with a number of others) is seeing its route and timetable amended, maybe those two listings are connected? There was for some time a '27 City - Toll Bar End' service, operating around the 1978/79 to 1986/87 period in conjunction with similar services 37/47/57 to various industrial estates in and around the A45 & Baginton area. Unless this is just a re-hash of a very old listing?

I would say the new 27 is (part) replacement for service 3A, as it says Mon-Sats and the 3/3A registration has been renumbered as 2/3.  As it's a strange new route number I would think it'll miss out Cheylesmore and run London Road in lieu.
Service 23, City - Allesley Park, seems to be making a return (as rumoured all over the place) which obviously means service 2 shortens as City - Fenside.
I am unsure about all the other Coventry route changes but don't think they'll be anything as significant.

Yes, I did wonder if the 3A is about to get the chop (possibly due to its unreliability, timing wise). Any route that just terminates at Toll Bar End seems to have very light loadings [a-la the old service 1] unless the Willenhall segment of the 3A remains and continues with this new 27. The 2 is basically going back to what it was prior to Feb 2012 - with the Allesley Park section being served once again by the long-established 23? The 23 ran for over 50 years without being cross-linked to any other part of the city, that situation seems set to return.

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on April 16, 2013, 07:55:32 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 07:13:43 PM
Quote from: JackC on April 16, 2013, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 05:27:49 PM
The new 936 service may upset a couple on here

Feels like a silly question but why would that be?

Before it was registered I was told where it was intended to go, but until I see confirmation that the route I was told was planned is what is registered I won't post it on here, but I believe it may be take some passengers off the 56 service

Just hope diamond put up a good fight back-the 56 does well though unlike the 997 which is virtually dead-why don't NXWM concentrate on improving their own network instead of trying to step on diamond's toes. Mind you, NXWM are awful as setting up new routes in the past ten years they decided to combine the 35 and 27 which was stupid, fiddle about with the 27 and start a 20-that lasted well! and then the best one must be the 46 and 46X which anyone could have said would not possibly work. Let's not forget the X1-another successful NX innovation and if loadings on the 4H are anything to go on then this wont last very long. Hope customers on the 56 most of whom have diamond passes-stay loyal. And there'll probably have axed the cannock extension just so they can concentrate on getting diamond off the road-such is life

997 virtually dead? how wrong you are, NXWM don't keep a service running to a 10 minute frequency if it is dead. I hope you realise the 56 isn't a route Diamond invented, it is just the old 995/Midland Red 156. Arriva ran the 156 every hour right through to Cannock and TWM ran the 995 exactly opposite to create an even 30 minute frequency. TWM then left it to Just Arriva who managed to make such a mess of it they first cut it back to just Brownhills and then withdrew it completely. Initially invincible took it on for 3 days but then Diamond stepped and have run it ever since. It is still exactly the same route.

TWM used to run it by running a 395 Walsall to Brownhills which then changed to a 995 into Birmingham. My personal opinion is TWM should have never withdrawn the 995 and left the route to Arriva.

At least NXWM do try to invent new routes, even if some don't work, what was the last new commercial route invented by any other operator? The last three operators I can remember trying new routes are Ludlows (most routes they ran on), A2Z (302/549) and Central Buses (S1), at least Central buses are still running quite successfully even if the route isn't.

Steve3229vp

Can anybody shed any more light on these registrations for 9th June, Is my route (the 907) going to get some improvement, is the 936 in direct competition with the 56, is the 934 extended to Walsall (via 76 rout possibly), how is the 914/115 going to be re-routed, the 66, 66A etc etc ?, I use most of these routes a lot ..... help .... please....!!!!

D10

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 16, 2013, 08:56:04 PM
Can anybody shed any more light on these registrations for 9th June, Is my route (the 907) going to get some improvement, is the 936 in direct competition with the 56, is the 934 extended to Walsall (via 76 rout possibly), how is the 914/115 going to be re-routed, the 66, 66A etc etc ?, I use most of these routes a lot ..... help .... please....!!!!

Don't panic matey! As per other area reviews expect full details to be well publicised on the NXWM and NWM in time with details of what is chanfing and full timetables including maps for services in the area.

Westy

Its mentioned the 70/70a serving Mossley in Walsall.

Is that a mistake?

Must admit if the X51 extensions are withdrawn, thats the final end of an era!

(Plus it will p*** my sister off as she uses the second Cannock Am working these days!)

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on April 16, 2013, 07:55:32 PM

Its the usual.... its fine for Diamond to cream off the profitable/high frequency NX routes, but when Diamond are on the receiving end its not fair. Surely by NX launching new route 936, they are improving/expanding their network & giving their customers additional journey options. To a degree Diamond have left the front door wide open due to the poor allocation of vehicle types on their 56 and subsequent overcrowding.

Its fair to say NX could have done more with the X1 by allocating B7RLE daily and I think they should have took a bigger risk and gone straight in at a half hourly frequency, but at least they tried something different & had a go

winston

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 08:08:45 PM
At least NXWM do try to invent new routes, even if some don't work, what was the last new commercial route invented by any other operator? The last three operators I can remember trying new routes are Ludlows (most routes they ran on), A2Z (302/549) and Central Buses (S1), at least Central buses are still running quite successfully even if the route isn't.

Tony,

Don't forget Hansons, they are pretty good at coming up with new routes of their own

Steveminor

Even Sunny Travel had a go @ their own route trying to revive the old Solihull park & ride. Ok it didn't work but at least they tried.
Heartlands too try inventing their own routes, again not very successful but their 16 seems to be doing ok over there in Tamworth

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on April 16, 2013, 09:37:58 PM
Even Sunny Travel had a go @ their own route trying to revive the old Solihull park & ride. Ok it didn't work but at least they tried.
Heartlands too try inventing their own routes, again not very successful but their 16 seems to be doing ok over there in Tamworth

You can't knock anyone who tries & fails, at least they've had the balls to have a go......

Bob

Is the X51 extension going Tony???????

Tony

Quote from: bob on April 16, 2013, 10:16:18 PM
Is the X51 extension going Tony???????

I don't believe so, but I haven't seen the final list of registrations

Bob

I was hoping they would increase them to at least one extra X51 either end...

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on April 16, 2013, 10:48:21 PM
I was hoping they would increase them to at least one extra X51 either end...

I wish they would operate a journey back from cannock PM peak as last time i did it last year i had to wait 15 mins and catch the Arriva 70 back to wolverhampton

Bob

In fact I was hoping for an NX comeback on cannock services with arriva taking over Midland but from what ive seen so far Arriva are gonna be a drop in the ocean lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk