News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM vosa registrations from 9th June

Started by winston, April 16, 2013, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: BCMobile on April 16, 2013, 04:32:49 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 16, 2013, 11:14:19 AM
Couple of things that stood out was the cancellation of BC 47 (124), however the registration above (123) states a route change for both the 45/47, so it that more of a registration tidying up exercise?

I can't say too much but the amendment is, apparently, due to the Hill Street opening of New St station, route to be amended to cut lost mileage due to late running through that area.

I'm told we're loosing one running board off the 47, I dare say a late afternoon one (-77?) Would this constitute a cancellation shown by VOSA?

Best Regards

No, both the 47 & 934 cancellations will just be registration tidy ups. The 934 wasn't being cancelled last time I looked, in fact it was being extended to Walsall. The new 936 service may upset a couple on here

Ash

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 05:27:49 PM
Couple of things that stood out was the cancellation of BC 47 (124), however the registration above (123) states a route change for both the 45/47, so it that more of a registration tidying up exercise?

I can't say too much but the amendment is, apparently, due to the Hill Street opening of New St station, route to be amended to cut lost mileage due to late running through that area.

I'm told we're loosing one running board off the 47, I dare say a late afternoon one (-77?) Would this constitute a cancellation shown by VOSA?

Best Regards

No, both the 47 & 934 cancellations will just be registration tidy ups. The 934 wasn't being cancelled last time I looked, in fact it was being extended to Walsall. The new 936 service may upset a couple on here

I wonder if that will mean the 934 transferring to Walsall and using the leather enviro 400's just a wild guess.

notepanel

Best Regards

Perhaps entirely unrelated to the 935/5/6, but is the X51 change suggesting the withdrawal of the Cannock extensions?

BCMobile

Best Regards

Thanks Tony.

So if cancellation is shown by VOSA, , it will be the whole route?

Tony

Quote from: BCMobile on April 16, 2013, 06:14:08 PM

Best Regards

Thanks Tony.

Complicated, but generally yes.
You can have two registrations covering the same route but VOSA tend not to like those now. What will have happened with the 45 & 47 is up until now they would be on seperate applications, but one would cover all journeys on the 45 and another on the 47. It looks like the registration covering the 47 journeys has been cancelled but all the 47 service is now covered by the same registration as the 45.

For just one running board being taken off, or any other timetable change it will show as a variation, even if a service was being reduced from every ten minutes down to one a day.

BCMobile

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 06:19:59 PM
Quote from: BCMobile on April 16, 2013, 06:14:08 PM

Best Regards

Thanks Tony.

Complicated, but generally yes.
You can have two registrations covering the same route but VOSA tend not to like those now. What will have happened with the 45 & 47 is up until now they would be on seperate applications, but one would cover all journeys on the 45 and another on the 47. It looks like the registration covering the 47 journeys has been cancelled but all the 47 service is now covered by the same registration as the 45.

For just one running board being taken off, or any other timetable change it will show as a variation, even if a service was being reduced from every ten minutes down to one a day.

Thank you for sorting that out for me. I was under the impression that each running board cancellation was seperate regarding VOSA.

Thanks again Tony  ;)

Bob

I hope the Cannock extensions arent being withdrawn I rely on it to get to my head office in brum! Are they going Tony?

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on April 16, 2013, 02:32:49 PM
From a Coventry point-of-view, there appears to be a new 27 City - Toll Bar End - current service 3A [and 7 in peak periods] covers this area. Although Cov route 7 (along with a number of others) is seeing its route and timetable amended, maybe those two listings are connected? There was for some time a '27 City - Toll Bar End' service, operating around the 1978/79 to 1986/87 period in conjunction with similar services 37/47/57 to various industrial estates in and around the A45 & Baginton area. Unless this is just a re-hash of a very old listing?

I would say the new 27 is (part) replacement for service 3A, as it says Mon-Sats and the 3/3A registration has been renumbered as 2/3.  As it's a strange new route number I would think it'll miss out Cheylesmore and run London Road in lieu.
Service 23, City - Allesley Park, seems to be making a return (as rumoured all over the place) which obviously means service 2 shortens as City - Fenside.
I am unsure about all the other Coventry route changes but don't think they'll be anything as significant.

JackC

The new 936 service may upset a couple on here

Feels like a silly question but why would that be?

Tony

Quote from: JackC on April 16, 2013, 07:10:34 PM
The new 936 service may upset a couple on here

Feels like a silly question but why would that be?

Before it was registered I was told where it was intended to go, but until I see confirmation that the route I was told was planned is what is registered I won't post it on here, but I believe it may be take some passengers off the 56 service

BCMobile

Quote from: bob on April 16, 2013, 06:42:49 PM
I hope the Cannock extensions arent being withdrawn I rely on it to get to my head office in brum! Are they going Tony?

Head Office at Digbeth or Bordesley?

karl724223

are hansons coming off the merry hill to stourbridge end of our old 297?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on April 16, 2013, 07:38:56 PM
are hansons coming off the merry hill to stourbridge end of our old 297?

The registration for the 297 has been like that for ages , it is time that VOSA sorted the registrations out so that they make sense.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bob

I dont work for a bus company lol. But our head office is toward five ways

Bob

Is the cannock extension going then tony????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk