News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM vosa registrations from 9th June

Started by winston, April 16, 2013, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: NathanJC on April 21, 2013, 06:14:01 PM
Thanks John

So therefore wont the new 936 clash with the 56 that runs from Birmingham - Brownhills

and whats happening with the 907/907A and the 997

There may be a change to the 56, or they may both run at a 15min frequency.

907A is to Streetly, Hardwick rd, this might be the layby where the 88 terminates/935 serves at Hardwick Arms. I would guess up to New Oscott and up the Chester Road, like the old 113.

Not sure about this one but I think the 997 is not going up to Pheasey, straight up Beacon Rd from Asda.

Nathan4775

Quote from: John on April 21, 2013, 06:23:23 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on April 21, 2013, 06:14:01 PM
Thanks John

So therefore wont the new 936 clash with the 56 that runs from Birmingham - Brownhills

and whats happening with the 907/907A and the 997

There may be a change to the 56, or they may both run at a 15min frequency.

907A is to Streetly, Hardwick rd, this might be the layby where the 88 terminates/935 serves at Hardwick Arms. I would guess up to New Oscott and up the Chester Road, like the old 113.

Not sure about this one but I think the 997 is not going up to Pheasey, straight up Beacon Rd from Asda.

That would be a bad Idea, But im guessing then if that change was possilbe to go ahead there would no longer be a 997E

This change is going to cause chaos for everyone =D =D, thank god I have one bus of a morning and back again (X56)  8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Steve3229vp

My route is the 907, if a 907A is introduced will it be peaks only and will that mean an increased frequency ?. At the moment the 15 min peak service is useless, there have been times when I've had to get a 934 or 935 to Hawthorn Road then the 28 to get home !!

Kevin

Quote from: John on April 21, 2013, 06:23:23 PM

If that's the case are they admitting they should never have got rod of the 113 in the first place? Much like the "brand new" X51, which near enough exactly replaced the 951
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Didnt the 951 run to bloxwich til the end though? When it was cut from cannock

Nathan4775

regarding the 934 going to Walsall

So what bus is going to replace the current 934 to Asda ? or will the 934A continue to run to Asda
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

notepanel

It is to my understanding that the 934 service will be operated by Walsall and will operate the 76 route until it meets the current 934 route, from where it will continue Birmingham. Consequently, ASDA Queslett will not be served.

The 936 route will also be operated by Walsall and will follow the new 934 and 56 route as far as Kingstanding Circle. From here, it is following the same route as the new 934, rather than the 56, to Barr Beacon cross roads and continuing across these onto Birmingham Road to Aldridge (current 997 route). It is then going to copy the 56 route through Castlefort, until it comes onto the Lichfield Road. Here it is going to serve Lindon Road, before completing a little loop around Ogley Road & Lichfield Road to terminate at Brownhills High Street (Rather than Brownhills West - The Rising Sun as the 56 does).

The 997 is re-routed on journeys from Birmingham at ASDA Queslett, where it operate via Beacon Road & Collingwood Drive (instead of the current Hillingford Ave), it will then travel via the current 934A route serving Frampton Way, before taking a left turn onto Queslett Road East. Buses will then travel via Aldridge Road (56 route), to Foley Arms where buses will turn left to rejoin the normal route by taking a right turn at Barr Beacon cross roads.

The 997E will terminate on Doe Bank Lane, and both will continue to be operated by WA. 

John

Quote from: notepanel on May 02, 2013, 02:17:10 PM
It is to my understanding that the 934 service will be operated by Walsall and will operate the 76 route until it meets the current 934 route, from where it will continue Birmingham. Consequently, ASDA Queslett will not be served.

The 936 route will also be operated by Walsall and will follow the new 934 and 56 route as far as Kingstanding Circle. From here, it is following the same route as the new 934, rather than the 56, to Barr Beacon cross roads and continuing across these onto Birmingham Road to Aldridge (current 997 route). It is then going to copy the 56 route through Castlefort, until it comes onto the Lichfield Road. Here it is going to serve Lindon Road, before completing a little loop around Ogley Road & Lichfield Road to terminate at Brownhills High Street (Rather than Brownhills West - The Rising Sun as the 56 does).

The 997 is re-routed on journeys from Birmingham at ASDA Queslett, where it operate via Beacon Road & Collingwood Drive (instead of the current Hillingford Ave), it will then travel via the current 934A route serving Frampton Way, before taking a left turn onto Queslett Road East. Buses will then travel via Aldridge Road (56 route), to Foley Arms where buses will turn left to rejoin the normal route by taking a right turn at Barr Beacon cross roads.

The 997E will terminate on Doe Bank Lane, and both will continue to be operated by WA.

How will the 997 be replaced around Aldridge/Walsall?

notepanel

Quote from: John on May 02, 2013, 05:11:22 PM

How will the 997 be replaced around Aldridge/Walsall?

It's still running the same around Walsall & Aldridge. It is just the section between Barr Beacon Cross Roads & ASDA Queslett that is re-routed.

John

Quote from: notepanel on May 02, 2013, 05:20:19 PM
It's still running the same around Walsall & Aldridge. It is just the section between Barr Beacon Cross Roads & ASDA Queslett that is re-routed.

Thanks, I should have read your entry more carefully!! :)

bwsau cymru

Personally everything mentioned from my point of view is bad. The only positive is I will have another service into Birmingham. real shame that the 76 is going it has been a brilliant service well run and very reliable. Plus I can use a swift on it. And I hope that diamond seriously respond to nx coming onto the Brownhills route more, I think that more consistent buses of the larger size are needed and maybe a better frequency I personally feel every 15 will be too much every 20 I think is all that is needed. I hope that diamonds day returns work well and hope they keep loyal customers. Yet again NX show there monopoly business dommence in the west midlands and fair play to them its business at the end of the day just a shame at what cost!
campaigning for better transport for all

Kevin

This worries me, have they not learned from previous attempts at serving the doe bank area of Pheasey? Nothing will work beyond a simple terminating route, because the services to Birmingham will have to double back on themselves on the Queslett road
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

s94

Anyone know whats happening with the 289/297 in these upcoming changes. They are down for a route and timetable change I think.

Bob

And does anybody know what the changes will be to the X51? Is an extra journey to Cannock too much to hope for?

Westy

Quote from: bob on May 03, 2013, 01:04:40 PM
And does anybody know what the changes will be to the X51? Is an extra journey to Cannock too much to hope for?

Rather have a full service to Cannock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk