News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Buses

Started by Tony, March 23, 2013, 09:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

The new one on 4 today is very rattlely!! And been told by a driver that volvo will be recalling the new ones as there is something wromg with the engines. Dont know what in particular anyone shed some light?
campaigning for better transport for all

PM

Quote from: dannygill on April 25, 2013, 02:52:26 PM
The new one on 4 today is very rattlely!! And been told by a driver that volvo will be recalling the new ones as there is something wromg with the engines. Dont know what in particular anyone shed some light?

Well they were nice while they lasted.... MCV situation all over again??

Tony

Quote from: Ash on April 25, 2013, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: dannygill on April 25, 2013, 11:09:13 AM
Bk13nzs on the 4

I was just going to post that on here Danny as one of the new 13 reg ones just whizzed past my house.

Here it is
http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/30836.html

PM

On the topic of new rotala buses, why have the ex travel london darts that were acquired been withdrawn without entering service-surely these could replace a couple of older MPDs?

PM

Does anyone else think that the second hand ones with bonded glazing and the old style front look far far better than the ugly new ones?

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Peter123 on April 25, 2013, 06:46:05 PM
Does anyone else think that the second hand ones with bonded glazing and the old style front look far far better than the ugly new ones?

I prefer the new look eclipse with the black on the front like nx2153. I think the all over colour like diamond have done and what nx have done to the rest of the fleet make them look boring where as arriva's pulsars look great. I do prefer the new look eclipse but the engine in them is just a waste of time really don't like the new Volvo engines!

PM

Quote from: dannygill on April 25, 2013, 06:58:26 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on April 25, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

I prefer the new look eclipse with the black on the front like nx2153. I think the all over colour like diamond have done and what nx have done to the rest of the fleet make them look boring where as arriva's pulsars look great. I do prefer the new look eclipse but the engine in them is just a waste of time really don't like the new Volvo engines!

Yeah I agree-some of arrivas pulsars do look good and yeah i prefer the engine in the old b7rles too-although maybe its just a case of how the engine management is set up-unsure if different engine

richie

Does anyone think that NXWM will respond to Diamond using new and nearly new buses on the 4?

PM

Quote from: richie on April 25, 2013, 08:28:18 PM
Does anyone think that NXWM will respond to Diamond using new and nearly new buses on the 4?

Doubt it after branding the omnilinks-does anyone else think on the 4 though it would make sense to have nat ex do the 4m and diamond the 4h as opposed to both on both-surely they could reach some sort of agreement??

Ash

Nxwm 4H loadings between Halesowen and Blackheath are poor from what i have seen diamond do far better wouldnt suprise me if they pull off the 4H

winston

Quote from: Ash on April 25, 2013, 09:54:55 PM
Nxwm 4H loadings between Halesowen and Blackheath are poor from what i have seen diamond do far better wouldnt suprise me if they pull off the 4H

Adding on the Hasbury/Hayley Green loop to NXWM 4H would help boost passenger numbers, both services are then like for like

Mike360

The fact NXWM and Diamond's 4H stops at the opposite end in Halesowen doesn't help.

Ash

Quote from: Mike360 on April 25, 2013, 11:12:35 PM
The fact NXWM and Diamond's 4H stops at the opposite end in Halesowen doesn't help.

That is one of the big problems but also diamond operates the 4H every 20 minutes compared to NXWM 30 minutes and offers a £2.50 return 40p cheaper than NXWM.

bwsau cymru

The point did cross my mind. The 4 obvious is a big key important route for both operators. 58 plate omnilinks are getting a little old for such a key route I think. Another route I think the same about is the 997. 57 plates on that very old considering the geminos was just 3 years old when they was replaced

tom_h

Quote from: dannygill on April 25, 2013, 11:42:07 PM
The point did cross my mind. The 4 obvious is a big key important route for both operators. 58 plate omnilinks are getting a little old for such a key route I think. Another route I think the same about is the 997. 57 plates on that very old considering the geminos was just 3 years old when they was replaced

Normal passengers won't know or indeed look at the age of a vehicle. As long as the buses are in good condition (which the Omnilinks are) there's no need to replace them. Other vehicles need to be replaced first. The introduction of the route branding has extended the life of those vehicles on the route too..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk