News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Buses

Started by Tony, March 23, 2013, 09:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Quote from: Winston on April 19, 2013, 04:58:28 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on April 19, 2013, 04:27:55 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 19, 2013, 04:18:09 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on April 19, 2013, 03:27:44 PM
Did blue diamond have an existing wright eclipse 2 in white that was new last year or have i made that up? If so, anyone know where it is-is it the white eclipse in one of the photos of the new buses?

30923 BD62FGD, I presume it could be some of the rest of this batch that went to Wessex that could be returning to supplement the brand new & ex Classic examples @ Tividale

I thought it was some of the FJ57 batch?

Not sure then? I was under the impression that they might have been newer than those, but I've just checked the start of the thread & Tony doesn't say whether the Wessex ones are Eclipse 1 or 2, only the 3 x 5 year old ex Classic are 57/08 plate. So not sure where I got that from?

Just noticed Tony's other statement 'There will be no capital expenditure at Kidderminster or Redditch until the purchase is given the OK by the OFT'
Yeah shocking news for us in Redditch and Kidder. Mind you I wounder what the V reg darts are like that were on the 37, if they are in good nick paint them blue and pack them off to Kidder then use Solos on the 141 and 133 and maybe a newish network map for Bromsgrove (splitting up the 143 abit from the railway station).
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Did blue diamond have an existing wright eclipse 2 in white that was new last year or have i made that up? If so, anyone know where it is-is it the white eclipse in one of the photos of the new buses?

30923 BD62FGD, I presume it could be some of the rest of this batch that went to Wessex that could be returning to supplement the brand new & ex Classic examples @ Tividale

Not sure then? I was under the impression that they might have been newer than those, but I've just checked the start of the thread & Tony doesn't say whether the Wessex ones are Eclipse 1 or 2, only the 3 x 5 year old ex Classic are 57/08 plate. So not sure where I got that from?

Just noticed Tony's other statement 'There will be no capital expenditure at Kidderminster or Redditch until the purchase is given the OK by the OFT'

Wessex have as follows:

5 x FJ57--- At Avonmouth in UWE livery (30508/9 & 30813-5)
3 x BX62--- At Avonmouth in Wessex Red Livery (30525-7)
5 x BX62--- At Keysham, 4 in Royal Bath, 1 in Uni Connect (30924-8)

I think my money is on 3 x BX62--- (30525-7) coming to Tividale, I have thought they may have replaced all 5 x 57 plate in UWE livery rather than just 3? No doubt I'll be wrong though......

I would be surprised if such new buses newly painted moved over

winston

Quote from: tank90 on April 19, 2013, 05:08:29 PM
Yeah shocking news for us in Redditch and Kidder. Mind you I wounder what the V reg darts are like that were on the 37, if they are in good nick paint them blue and pack them off to Kidder then use Solos on the 141 and 133 and maybe a newish network map for Bromsgrove (splitting up the 143 abit from the railway station).
[/quote]

There are quite a few bigger Darts parked up out of use in Tividale's overflow yard that could be used in the interim, plus two 05 plate ex Travel London MPD's, they will more than likely be missing a few panels of bodywork. The V-reg Darts were withdrawn as route 37 ceased & they wouldn't have complied with the Min Euro 3 B'ham emission zone

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on April 19, 2013, 05:21:28 PM

Wessex have as follows:

5 x FJ57--- At Avonmouth in UWE livery (30508/9 & 30813-5)
3 x BX62--- At Avonmouth in Wessex Red Livery (30525-7)
5 x BX62--- At Keysham, 4 in Royal Bath, 1 in Uni Connect (30924-8)

I think my money is on 3 x BX62--- (30525-7) coming to Tividale, I have thought they may have replaced all 5 x 57 plate in UWE livery rather than just 3? No doubt I'll be wrong though......

I would be surprised if such new buses newly painted moved over

I can see where you're coming from but on the other hand it wouldn't be good for Diamond Bus/Tividale getting 6 x 5yr old B7RLE & 4 brand new ones either. They'd be older than native examples at Redditch. I was thinking unless the 3 x 62 plate Wessex Red examples need repainting to suit a contract extension at UWE or something?

PM

Quote from: Winston on April 19, 2013, 05:26:12 PM
Quote from: tank90 on April 19, 2013, 05:08:29 PM

There are quite a few bigger Darts parked up out of use in Tividale's overflow yard that could be used in the interim, plus two 05 plate ex Travel London MPD's, they will more than likely be missing a few panels of bodywork. The V-reg Darts were withdrawn as route 37 ceased & they wouldn't have complied with the Min Euro 3 B'ham emission zone
[/quote]

Those V reg darts are knackered seriously-one was on the 82 a year or so ago and so, so slow and underpowered. I think the 05 darts are on rotala's for sale list...

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on April 19, 2013, 06:14:23 PM
I think the 05 darts are on rotala's for sale list...

I'm pretty sure they are the two advertised @ £33k each, nothing seems to be selling very quick. I think the two MPD's were originally £35k or more

winston

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55059449@N06/page1/

Ash

At the moment the ex midland classic b7rle's are being used on the 4 and most likely the new b7rle's and the ones from Wessex will too. But with a PVR of 15 I'm guessing the other buses will be made up of the enviro 200, mcv evolution along with a cadet or too as lately both the enviro 200 and mcv has been allocated to the 4 service along with the enviro 200 demonstrator.

the trainbasher

Are the Ex Midland Classic B7RLEs Eclipse Urban 1 or 2??

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

Quote from: trainbasher on April 19, 2013, 10:23:48 PM
Are the Ex Midland Classic B7RLEs Eclipse Urban 1 or 2??

Urban 1

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ash

Been on two of the ex midland classic b7rle's now must say there nice buses with plenty of room for passengers and hardly any rattles due to them being solidly built compared to mcv evolutions that used to be on the 4

bwsau cymru

campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

Quote from: dannygill on April 25, 2013, 11:09:13 AM
Bk13nzs on the 4

I was just going to post that on here Danny as one of the new 13 reg ones just whizzed past my house.

bwsau cymru

Only one ive seen of the new volvos on the 4 from a trip over from walsall
campaigning for better transport for all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk