News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

nBus price reductions and extended area

Started by Tony, February 04, 2013, 08:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Stu

Great news!

But just to clarify, they are still NOT valid in Leamington Spa are they?  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ash

Bob

Why not Cannock for Christs sake? More buses enter the WM from there than most of the bloody places listed!!!! A joke!

D10

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2013, 08:35:20 PM
Great news!

But just to clarify, they are still NOT valid in Leamington Spa are they?  ::)

No, this just seems to sensibly ensure that nBus tickets are valid in the same areas as nNetwork tickets.

Bob

cannock has the 1,2,2a,32/3,x51,810, 68,70 all going into the Nbus area its ridiculous they arent allowed!

Bob

Arriva's day ticket is almost 50% more bloody expensive and you cant use it to make connecting journeys once in the Wm area hardly.

nx4737

Quote from: bob on February 04, 2013, 09:56:57 PM
cannock has the 1,2,2a,32/3,x51,810, 68,70 all going into the Nbus area its ridiculous they arent allowed!

You say that, which to an extent is true, but you have to draw a line somewhere, using that logic you'd have to include places like Tamwroth, because it has the 110, 116 and X73 that run into the nBus zone, or maybe Stratford upon Avon because the X20 runs into the nBus zone?  They have to draw the line somewhere, the'll never please everyone, including yourself!

Westy

A week NBus Black Country may be of occasional interest to me.

Bob

Cannock is much closer to the nbus area than Tamworth! So we can continue to get ripped off by Arriva with their monopoly and extortionate single fares then? it would make sense to include cannock in the area, its ridiculous that to make connections you have to buy two tickets, costing a total of £10.20 when the area is no more than 3.5-4 miles over the bloody boundary. Not exactly conducive to integrated transport is it? Staffordshire ( particularly cannock district) gets a crap deal compared to the WM you only have to look at the bloody bus shelters ( where there are any!) some of them date from the 70s at least!

JB93

Is Coleshill not included? It's only just over the border into Warwickshire after all.

JoNi

See from Centro announcement there will be an Nbus ticket for Coventry. The days of NXC buses running to Leamingotn Spa may be numbered now that Stagecoach run a 7/8 minute service between Warwick University and Leamington Spa during term time. The U1 service is every 15 minutes, with extra journeys which in other parts of the country would be known as Magic Buses. A ploy Stagecoach effectively uses to see off competitors. One day NXWM might have the gumption to do something similar.

Gareth

Excellent news for me. I buy an nBus, even though its mainly only used for NXWM, i pay the extra for the convienience of getting a Claribels or a late evening VIP. The £2 saving is most welcome. One very happy customer here!

vinh1000

Nice to hear the fact can get it on swift as well

Though I use the ticket frequently on the 11 from Cov > L.Spa or 20 Cov > Bedworth
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Gareth

If I was to get the nBus on the Swift card, would this still be valid on buses that are not currently accepting swift? Ie NXWM and Claribels?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk