News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

nBus price reductions and extended area

Started by Tony, February 04, 2013, 08:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

At the moment when I use an Nbus ticket (period or day) on Stagecoach buses in Coventry the driver issues a nil value ticket. I assume this nonsense will continue when Swift is introduced as they issue nil value tickets to OAPs when they use their smartcards. :o

Roy

It's good to see that the Express and Star are as up-to-date as usual.  The photo accompanying their story about the reduced nBus prices and extended area shows a bus withdrawn last April (Excel 718) on a route that was withdrawn in July 2011 (the 503).

SMK

Quote from: Roy on February 05, 2013, 06:25:55 PM
It's good to see that the Express and Star are as up-to-date as usual.  The photo accompanying their story about the reduced nBus prices and extended area shows a bus withdrawn last April (Excel 718) on a route that was withdrawn in July 2011 (the 503).
The article on the website has a photo of 4173 on the 560 when it was branded for the 559/560  ::)
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport-news/2013/02/05/west-midlands-bus-pass-prices-to-be-cut/
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Discodave

Quote from: Gareth on February 05, 2013, 05:49:20 PM
If I was to get the nBus on the Swift card, would this still be valid on buses that are not currently accepting swift? Ie NXWM and Claribels?

Unless NXWM/Claribels put the facility on their machines possibly not so a bummer really.  I asked Centro about when NXWM were coming to Swift and was only told a vague sometime in 2013 but they were positive in getting NXWM on board.  This is the only reason I will not get a swift card.  It would be nice to have an electronic (oyster) card for everyone.  What is taking Centro so long they are the ITA and have a lot of power so why don't they use it and force companies to intergrate it now.  It would be better for everyone.  OAP passes can work on all smart ticket machines all over the country.

Discodave

Quote from: JoNi on February 05, 2013, 06:14:56 PM
At the moment when I use an Nbus ticket (period or day) on Stagecoach buses in Coventry the driver issues a nil value ticket. I assume this nonsense will continue when Swift is introduced as they issue nil value tickets to OAPs when they use their smartcards. :o

Arriva do for all concessionary passes too what a waste of paper.

vinh1000

Quote from: Discodave on February 07, 2013, 12:05:45 PM
Quote from: JoNi on February 05, 2013, 06:14:56 PM

Arriva do for all concessionary passes too what a waste of paper.
Same for First
They dont even need see your pass
Paper ticket out upon entering (obv known you are probably on a concessionanry pass)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Discodave on February 06, 2013, 11:03:21 AM
Quote from: Gareth on February 05, 2013, 05:49:20 PM
If I was to get the nBus on the Swift card, would this still be valid on buses that are not currently accepting swift? Ie NXWM and Claribels?

Unless NXWM/Claribels put the facility on their machines possibly not so a bummer really.  I asked Centro about when NXWM were coming to Swift and was only told a vague sometime in 2013 but they were positive in getting NXWM on board.  This is the only reason I will not get a swift card.  It would be nice to have an electronic (oyster) card for everyone.  What is taking Centro so long they are the ITA and have a lot of power so why don't they use it and force companies to intergrate it now.  It would be better for everyone.  OAP passes can work on all smart ticket machines all over the country.

I thought NXWM were looking at there own smart card system?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk