News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Single To Double Decker Conversion

Started by danny, February 03, 2013, 12:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

WA89 needs a few more double deckers Mon-Sat. It gets packed in Walsall on quite a few journeys and the Wolverhampton-Wednesfield section can get very busy aswell. I think there are currently about two boards that are tridents but i think that it should be increased to about 4-5 boards

Kevin

Quote from: Sh4166 on December 01, 2013, 12:26:54 AM
A thread has already been created on this topic

Indeed it has -->clicky<--
Topic has been archived but still.... exists. Chance someone can merge?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

Quote from: JB93 on December 01, 2013, 01:55:19 AM
The 55. I've never understood the reasoning in making it a fully single decker route. Between Birmingham and Buckland End it's always rammed.

55 suspect to cut down on vandalism.  In the past have tried it with most ex lea hall services with increased freq's.

94 had lynxes 94/94e (combined every 4mins at one point) - Branded Mercs
97 (Branded Omni links)

CL

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 03, 2013, 03:20:19 PM
Quote from: Sayeed_M on February 03, 2013, 03:02:42 PM
98 do need double deckers in the peak periods

The singles cope pretty well on 29/X64/98 from my observations and theres less vandalism.

Also, it has been stated before that deckers on the 98 are not very suitable. Due to all the trees and whatnot. I'd agree, the trees near Edgbaston and the Q.E. Hospital can hit off some of the buses (i.e. 76) never seen major damage though...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk