News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley/Merry Hill - Solihull/Chelmsley Wood

Started by Nathan4775, April 16, 2012, 06:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Quote from: arrifirststage on April 18, 2012, 05:19:08 PM
Further to the controversy about the many posts from NathanJC.
I may well be the oldest member of the Group but I was very pleased to hear that Nathan is 15.We must encourage younger bus enthusiasts,otherwise our hobby will become like the Dodo.
A good idea,Nathan,would be totry to read as many books as you can on the history of buses and bus operators,you will find many artiles on the web.Probably look up local operators to start with (Midland Red,Birmingham Corporation,Walsall Corporation and so  on).
As you learn more about the history of the area,your interest will hopefully develop into a lifelong hobby and even (who knows)employment oportunities.
Even reading carefully through postings on the group,all operators not just NXWM will help.
If you are lucky,you may get as much pleasure from buses as I have over many years.

Thanks
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Twm4001

Quote from: arrifirststage on April 18, 2012, 05:19:08 PM
Further to the controversy about the many posts from NathanJC.
I may well be the oldest member of the Group but I was very pleased to hear that Nathan is 15.We must encourage younger bus enthusiasts,otherwise our hobby will become like the Dodo.
A good idea,Nathan,would be totry to read as many books as you can on the history of buses and bus operators,you will find many artiles on the web.Probably look up local operators to start with (Midland Red,Birmingham Corporation,Walsall Corporation and so  on).
As you learn more about the history of the area,your interest will hopefully develop into a lifelong hobby and even (who knows)employment oportunities.
Even reading carefully through postings on the group,all operators not just NXWM will help.
If you are lucky,you may get as much pleasure from buses as I have over many years.

Indeed although i'd advise against the career bit.

Nathan4775

Does any1 know if NXWM take on volunteers  :-\
My Flickr;

Tony

Quote from: NathanJC on April 18, 2012, 07:36:46 PM

Just try writing a nice letter to the operations manager at your local garage asking and see what response you get

I'm only 19 years old age myself

Quote from: NathanJC on April 17, 2012, 06:42:39 PM
I am 15 years of age not 36/49.67 or whatever age you people are to be honest I dont really care. I dont know everything there is about buses yet but id like to learn, but everytime I put up a suggestion I get some1 like. Michael who has a go at me for a little suggestion  >:(.

Ok i admit some of my suggestions are a little over the top, e.g. This post, i didnt think aboutt it before I posted and I do appolgise. But there is no need to keep calling me Stupid, pathetic, dumb etc all becuase of 1 little suggestion I make. When what you could do is correct me not have a go ???

Liberator9

I'm also only coming up to 15 and always been obsessed with transport! My route suggestions would be a fixed frequency on the 37 as sometimes there are long gaps or short gaps on the route. This needs to be prevented. The S2 and S3 would be reverted back to 40A and 40C and possibly put back to NXWM as they ran it very well and personally, I'm sick of the Blue Diamond buses now. The old 151 would come back to serve Hockley Heath and provide some peak time school relief. Passenger numbers have just kept dropping ever since the NXWM S2 and S3 was made to save money but then after these were changed, numbers just dropped again.  Really thats it apart from up in Wolverhampton, on the 1. I maybe would suggest having single decks on during the off peaks but keep double deckers for sure in the peaks.

TinnedPeaches

I'm 29 and 3/4 and here was me thinking I was the youngest!

Nathan4775

Quote from: Tony on April 18, 2012, 08:36:29 PM

Just try writing a nice letter to the operations manager at your local garage asking and see what response you get

What can i put into that letter ????
My Flickr;

PM

Rob H

I'm 20 at the moment i'll be 21 in July 8)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

richie

Quote from: NathanJC on April 21, 2012, 06:12:59 PM

Where is your local depot?

Tony

Quote from: richie on April 22, 2012, 08:18:09 PM

No-one else can write the letter for you, just say want you want to do and ask if it is possible

Gareth

When I was about 15/16, I remember writing to WH garage asking about YTS (as it was back then) or other training type schemes. I had a lovely letter back explaining that nothing was available and that my details would be kept incase of anything suitable (Im still waiting!) came up and wishing me all the best for the future. Still got the letter and the WMT headed envelope.

Good Luck Nathan!

dayvid

I dont care how old you all are because i can do one better... 8) I am Black ha ha  :P.
As for Volunteers write to your local garages, i was so obsessed with buses that i got a two week placement at Birmingham Central garage when i was 16. It was an amazing experience , i got shown how buses were prepared for MOT, i got taken on a few breakdowns i was taken to garrets green Mot Testing station, shown how buses were rebuilt from damage, i even was in the offices where they stored all the records for the service historys of the buses, it was a real eye opener and probably to blame for me becoming a PCV licence holder. Go for it mate, if you don't ask you dont get. :-)

Nathan4775

Quote from: dayvid on April 23, 2012, 03:20:15 AM
I dont care how old you all are because i can do one better... 8) I am Black ha ha  :P.
As for Volunteers write to your local garages, i was so obsessed with buses that i got a two week placement at Birmingham Central garage when i was 16. It was an amazing experience , i got shown how buses were prepared for MOT, i got taken on a few breakdowns i was taken to garrets green Mot Testing station, shown how buses were rebuilt from damage, i even was in the offices where they stored all the records for the service historys of the buses, it was a real eye opener and probably to blame for me becoming a PCV licence holder. Go for it mate, if you don't ask you dont get. :-)

Thanks

Quote from: Gareth on April 22, 2012, 11:21:04 PM
When I was about 15/16, I remember writing to WH garage asking about YTS (as it was back then) or other training type schemes. I had a lovely letter back explaining that nothing was available and that my details would be kept incase of anything suitable (Im still waiting!) came up and wishing me all the best for the future. Still got the letter and the WMT headed envelope.

Good Luck Nathan!

Thank you

Quote from: richie on April 22, 2012, 08:18:09 PM

Perry Barr or Birmingham Central although Bordsley Green & West Bromwich arnt that far either

My Flickr;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk