News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley/Merry Hill - Solihull/Chelmsley Wood

Started by Nathan4775, April 16, 2012, 06:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Is it possible for NXWM to introduce a service that operates Between Dudley & Chelmsley Wood. The reason I ask is becuase I was up Dudley today an I had to get a route to Birmingham City Centre then a route to Chelmsley Wood which wasnt much fun as A Journey to Birmingham takes the minimum of 45/50 minutes (74 takes 60/70mins) 120 (takes 77mins) the 140 (takes 40 mins of an evening & 50 in the daytime posibbly 60 @ peak times) 126 (120 mins) 87 (52/62 minutes) . An alternative route is to Merry Hill then the 141 which takes even longer.

It would be nice if NXWM introudced a faster service to Birmingham if possible. But what would be great is if there was a fast BUS service from Dudley - Chelmsley Wood Via Birmingham ;D ;D. Quite a few people would probally benift highly from that route I can image becuase there would be a direct service from Dudley - Birmingham & A direct service from Birmingham - Chelmsley Wood

The fastest bus to Birmingham From Dudley would probally be the 140
The fastest Bus to Birmingham from Chelmsley Wood would be the 14/97
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stu

The 126 is the fastest service from Dudley to Birmingham, where did you get the idea that it takes 2 hrs to get there?  :o

On a good day it takes just over half an hour, normally about 40-45mins.

Sorry, but I can't see any justification for NXWM to even think about a Dudley to Chelmsley Wood service.  :-\
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: NathanJC on April 16, 2012, 06:24:58 PM
Is it possible for NXWM to introduce a service that operates Between Dudley & Chelmsley Wood. The reason I ask is becuase I was up Dudley today an I had to get a route to Birmingham City Centre then a route to Chelmsley Wood which wasnt much fun as A Journey to Birmingham takes the minimum of 45/50 minutes (74 takes 60/70mins) 120 (takes 77mins) the 140 (takes 40 mins of an evening & 50 in the daytime posibbly 60 @ peak times) 126 (120 mins) 87 (52/62 minutes) . An alternative route is to Merry Hill then the 141 which takes even longer.

It would be nice if NXWM introudced a faster service to Birmingham if possible. But what would be great is if there was a fast BUS service from Dudley - Chelmsley Wood Via Birmingham ;D ;D. Quite a few people would probally benift highly from that route I can image becuase there would be a direct service from Dudley - Birmingham & A direct service from Birmingham - Chelmsley Wood

The fastest bus to Birmingham From Dudley would probally be the 140
The fastest Bus to Birmingham from Chelmsley Wood would be the 14/97

Just have a day off will you?

SMK

A cross city express route To Dudley from Chelmsley Wood...... are you serious?
This sounds like something Reiss would suggest over on the NXWM Facebook page.
Anyway I can't foresee NXWM ever thinking that'd be a good idea.
For one a long route like that, which has to go through the city centre is just bound to impact negatively on it's reliability at peak times.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

jrwxyz

Haha, I've been wondering if Nathan is secretly Reiss!  :D

I think a good route would be from the airport, via Colmore Row (somehow), then along the Hagley Road up to Bearwood bus station. This would get holiday-makers to the hotels and B&Bs over on the west of Birmingham.

monkeyjoe

The 900 used to do that years ago. X routes through Birmingham just do not work due to traffic.

Nathan4775

I am 15 years of age not 36/49.67 or whatever age you people are to be honest I dont really care. I dont know everything there is about buses yet but id like to learn, but everytime I put up a suggestion I get some1 like. Michael who has a go at me for a little suggestion  >:(.

Ok i admit some of my suggestions are a little over the top, e.g. This post, i didnt think aboutt it before I posted and I do appolgise. But there is no need to keep calling me Stupid, pathetic, dumb etc all becuase of 1 little suggestion I make. When what you could do is correct me not have a go ???
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Tony

Quote from: NathanJC on April 17, 2012, 06:42:39 PM
I am 15 years of age not 36/49.67 or whatever age you people are to be honest I dont really care. I dont know everything there is about buses yet but id like to learn, but everytime I put up a suggestion I get some1 like. Michael who has a go at me for a little suggestion  >:(.

Ok i admit some of my suggestions are a little over the top, e.g. This post, i didnt think aboutt it before I posted and I do appolgise. But there is no need to keep calling me Stupid, pathetic, dumb etc all becuase of 1 little suggestion I make. When what you could do is correct me not have a go ???

Correct! You can point out why the suggestions wouldn't work, call suggestions stupid, but no personal abuse eg calling the poster stupid please

MW

I just point out your suggestions are ridiculous.

P.S. I'm a year older than you, not 49 or 67.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Michael on April 17, 2012, 07:15:18 PM

I just point out your suggestions are ridiculous.

P.S. I'm a year older than you, not 49 or 67.

And I'm a year older than yourself Michael, and people say its just old men interested in buses, us 3 certainly disprove that theory, 15, 16 and 17!

Twm4001

Perhaps the real issue here is the lack of "fast" buses to outlying destinations on the network? Would a fast Birmingham to Merry Hill service stack up financially? Bearing in mind the centre is built around car parks I doubt it, it's just easier to drive. Public transport wise the majority of movement is I suspect workers and local people who don't drive and have a (to be fair) decent network of services into the centre.

Now fast buses to Chelmsley Wood from Brum would be a different matter, your only issue is the "fast" routes available don't give any other opportunities for picking up. So would only work I'd passengers were prepared to pay a premium?

Cheers

Richard

winston

I don't think a fast Birmingham to Merry Hill service would be worthwhile, anyone from Birmingham has the Bull Ring Shopping Centre; therefore, I can't see much demand for going to Merry Hill. If Westfield can be encouraged to introduce even further bus priorities over & above those agreed in the Brierley Hill BBA bid, therefore, gradually making the access to the centre more bus friendly i.e. more bus lanes, base gates, priority at traffic lights etc. I think areas such as Wolverhampton, West Bromwich & Walsall may benefit from limited stop services with faster journey times, or more importantly introduce parking charges and re-invest the money in to public transport provision / infrastructure then maybe some may be persuaded to leave cars at home.

I think more fast services as per the successful 51/X51 concept would be highly beneficial, this the gives passengers a choice, while those that travel end to end could use the faster limited stop services

Quote from: twm4001 on April 18, 2012, 08:04:49 AM
Perhaps the real issue here is the lack of "fast" buses to outlying destinations on the network? Would a fast Birmingham to Merry Hill service stack up financially? Bearing in mind the centre is built around car parks I doubt it, it's just easier to drive. Public transport wise the majority of movement is I suspect workers and local people who don't drive and have a (to be fair) decent network of services into the centre.

Now fast buses to Chelmsley Wood from Brum would be a different matter, your only issue is the "fast" routes available don't give any other opportunities for picking up. So would only work I'd passengers were prepared to pay a premium?

Cheers

Richard

Twm4001

The X51 works as did the 95x services it replaced. You've got a decent time saving (could be a brand name in that?) over the stopping service and significant opportunity to turn seats over, it's like selling a tin of beans three times!

arrifirststage

Further to the controversy about the many posts from NathanJC.
I may well be the oldest member of the Group but I was very pleased to hear that Nathan is 15.We must encourage younger bus enthusiasts,otherwise our hobby will become like the Dodo.
A good idea,Nathan,would be totry to read as many books as you can on the history of buses and bus operators,you will find many artiles on the web.Probably look up local operators to start with (Midland Red,Birmingham Corporation,Walsall Corporation and so  on).
As you learn more about the history of the area,your interest will hopefully develop into a lifelong hobby and even (who knows)employment oportunities.
Even reading carefully through postings on the group,all operators not just NXWM will help.
If you are lucky,you may get as much pleasure from buses as I have over many years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk