News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review

Started by vinh1000, October 31, 2012, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Central Buses to continue running the 28 (Erdington to Dyas Road), It was put on Facebook as follows :

"Good News ! Following passenger feedback, we have decided to reinstate our 28 service previously earmarked for withdrawal from 9th June. We will be extending our operating period throughout the afternoon aswell as introducing a Saturday service"

This is the best news we've had since the waste of time "North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review (really the North Birmingham and Pheasey Review)". Now we don't have to depend on that unreliable NXWM 28 service......Thank goodness for that !!!!

John

I heard yesterday that the plans for the 952 to go down Foden Road have been scrapped, from someone I know who lives on Foden Road.

Kevin

Quote from: John on May 22, 2013, 04:47:58 PM
I heard yesterday that the plans for the 952 to go down Foden Road have been scrapped, from someone I know who lives on Foden Road.

If its true then im glad its changed before the service started and them having to find out the hard way
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

What will the 934-6 be operated by until the new E400s arrive?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

Quote from: Shaun on May 28, 2013, 10:31:17 PM
What will the 934-6 be operated by until the new E400s arrive?

It is not definate that 4880-4 are for Walsall, it seems like they are but with the Coventry ones already entering service, they might appear around the 10th June. If any later then Tridents or Geminis or Enviro400s might appear, if they are for Walsall. If not, Perry Barr might transfer a few Enviro400s for the 934.

RW

Street parties taking place even as I post to welcome the introduction of the changes resulting from the North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review aka The Pheasey Review. Actually the majority of people in North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield are totally underwhelmed by the changes and are struggling to identify the changes and how they will improve their travel experience! This has to be the weakest review undertaken to date.

Kevin

Intriguingly, most buses running through Perry Barr are not run by Perry Barr garage... Only the 33, 907, 952, 46 and 654... And yet PB operate the 94... Anyone else see a lack of logic?

The Real 4778

Quote from: Kevin on June 09, 2013, 03:44:50 PM
Intriguingly, most buses running through Perry Barr are not run by Perry Barr garage... Only the 33, 907, 952, 46 and 654... And yet PB operate the 94... Anyone else see a lack of logic?

The 7 runs pretty close too.
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on June 09, 2013, 03:44:50 PM

No, plenty of logic. If the 11, 51, X51, 934; 935; 936; 997 were run by Perry Barr, which routes other than the 94 would you move out and to which garage?
Which routes would you then put into Walsall? The 94? All those routes apart from the 936 also go to Walsall/Acocks Green who operate them

Kevin

Not in the slightest bit saying PB should run them all, just intrigued by the fact that they run a bus route that doesn't really cone near to the garage when there's so many running past the garage run by another

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: RW on June 09, 2013, 02:41:10 PM
Street parties taking place even as I post to welcome the introduction of the changes resulting from the North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review aka The Pheasey Review. Actually the majority of people in North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield are totally underwhelmed by the changes and are struggling to identify the changes and how they will improve their travel experience! This has to be the weakest review undertaken to date.

have to agree that it has been a very weak review, are we to take it that the people of North Birmingham & Sutton Coldfield are so happy with there bus services, they didn't want any changes?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

Maybe if AG ran the 94, we would see much better presented bus on the route to compete with Claribels. Sorry but I couldn't resist.

Kevin

Oh, and by the way, the residents and workforce of Nechells are not all that happy with the changes....

John

With the 934 now ran by Walsall, it seems that the OmniCitys are now sticking to the 907, both today and yesterday the majority of them were on there

Sh4318

Quote from: John on June 11, 2013, 08:41:20 PM
With the 934 now ran by Walsall, it seems that the OmniCitys are now sticking to the 907, both today and yesterday the majority of them were on there

That's good, the 907 deserves good buses, in my opinion
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk