News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review

Started by vinh1000, October 31, 2012, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

Quote from: Gareth on October 31, 2012, 11:20:18 PM
I filled out their questionnaire, I too requested that service numbers not be changed.

I had a horrible image of the 905 becoming yet another number 5!

I can't see them changing the 905 to a 5 as there is already a 5 going from Birmingham - Solihull as Winston posted and both the AG 5 and the sutton line buses use carrs lane to get to their stops so I can't see them changing them but I'm with you Gareth they'd better not change the service numbers
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

monkeyjoe

I would like to see them extend the 71a to fox and goose to give new links to sutton.

adam 21

yea the 71a to ward end via the fort aswell  and maybe take the 966 to slipt between erdington and the fort anybody else thing some changes to 28 in the erdinton area may be via south road  so they can put at least some doubles on the 28   

bwsau cymru

Couldnt see the51 becoming the 5 to be honest as there is already a 5 in the city centre. I really hope they dont change any route numbers it just makes things so confusing! Ive also fillied in a questionaire and have suggested that the improve the frequency of the 51 during the evenings and a night back to at least 3 buses an hour. Every 30 mins just isnt good enough for such a busy route
campaigning for better transport for all

Nathan4775

I don't know if this is possible but, PB could introduce a 28A that operates Via The Fort
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Gareth

For a company that operates four number 5's and two number 5A's, anything is possible. There is no logic anymore.

wbdriver

don't forget there's already a number 5 at the scott arms and in sutton (the old 451), so i can't see that number being used again in the review if they change the bus numbers.

BTW how long has the 68A/C been gone now? 2 or 3 years? i know a lot of people around Kingstanding used it a lot and would like to see it back as there is no direct link from there to good hope hospital, so i can see either the 5 or 66 being extended to serve it. Anyone else agree?
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Stu

There will most probably be some route renumbering, due to services being combined or new routes being created, but I don't think we'll see major renumberings as we saw at the Walsall, Wolverhampton and Sandwell reviews, as most of the numberings are already in the 0-99 and 100-199 ranges. Be interesting to see if they keep the 900 series of numbers for the express Sutton services.

At a guess, routes at risk of being changed might be the 7, 28 and 46, and I could see the 966 being broken up maybe.

In all honesty, with all the changes that have already taken place recently, depending on what passengers request the most, I really can't see there being any major changes to be made. More buses to the Fort Shopping Centre? It's a little bizarre that only one bus (the 966) serves this major retail area.

As long as Centro ignore all the suggestions that Reiss from Facebook has probably already made, and listen to genuine passengers requests, then all should work out quite straight-forward.  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

It would be handy having a bus link to The Fort from the City Centre or maybe somewhere like Ward End.

I haven't been there since they stopped the 11 going there a few years back.

I think that this review is more likely to be just tweaking here and there rather than major changes. A reintroduction of the 68 or similar would be a welcome return to the many passengers who cried outrage when it was axed. Double decking of the 28 would be nice again. Not impossible as it was double deck before the B10B's came along.

With regards to the 905, maybe X5 ? ;) They haven't used that variation yet!

MW

I for one would like to see the 966 return to Perry Barr operation. Although I like that the buses from it do a 37E back to Acocks Green village as an extra service, I feel that from an enthusiasts point of view, it'd be way better seeing Scania Omnicity's in Solihull, rather than more dreary Presidents. From a passenger view, the 966 is best at AG because the state of half of PB's fleet is terrible. AG actually maintains the interior of vehicles!

Bob

I hope they do put extra X51 extensions on but doubt they will

Ashley

No route number changes ideally
If it was me id set the 997 at a 15 minute frequency all day inclding PM peak and have all journeys as Birmingham to Walsall and Walsall to Birmingham

BU07 LGO

I can see the 997/935/934 been altered ins ome way as they are forever been changed!

JB93

Gonna make a couple of little suggestions here, feel free to shoot me down  :) (or add to them)

Bring back the 68 definitely!

Extend the 67 to Asda Minworth via Castle Vale or at least have the 67A extend down there from Midpoint Park, and give it normal runnings. This way there is a NXWM bus from the city centre, as at the moment there is only the 71 and 71A.

Extend the 46 as it is ridiculously short and doesn't particularly create any special connections.

As suggested, make more X51's go to Cannock

Extend service 638 to Perry Barr, as there are currently no buses connecting Castle Vale and Perry Barr? And the way it is at the moment, the 638 is far too short.

vinh1000

Quote from: JB93 on November 03, 2012, 02:21:16 AM
Gonna make a couple of little suggestions here, feel free to shoot me down  :) (or add to them)

Bring back the 68 definitely!

Extend the 67 to Asda Minworth via Castle Vale or at least have the 67A extend down there from Midpoint Park, and give it normal runnings. This way there is a NXWM bus from the city centre, as at the moment there is only the 71 and 71A.

Extend the 46 as it is ridiculously short and doesn't particularly create any special connections.

As suggested, make more X51's go to Cannock

Extend service 638 to Perry Barr, as there are currently no buses connecting Castle Vale and Perry Barr? And the way it is at the moment, the 638 is far too short.
46 already extended as it is and vastly unreliable considering the current running boards
Should have left it as Birmingham - Perry Barr :L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk