News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Winston on December 31, 2015, 04:51:14 PM
@Mike K I did say they may move 'eventually' ie to keep blocks of fleet numbers together as current policy.

True, and I may be being too presumptuous. What would be slightly unusual with the consistent blocks of fleet movements of late is the likes of 2122, 2123 moving if those at the start of the batch (2115 onwards) stay put. Unless of course these do move and other earlier 45xx WN Tridents go the other way.

All will be revealed in due course.

Tony

Eric Shaw

I was told by an inspector some time ago that  BC would like to convert the 58/59 to double deck operation.

BK63 YWP

Would all the singles being sent to WN make the 32, 33 and maybe the 11 (not sure on the pvr) fully single deck operated
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Chris on December 31, 2015, 08:32:48 PM
Would all the singles being sent to WN make the 32, 33 and maybe the 11 (not sure on the pvr) fully single deck operated

Not quite.

Tony

4607 now at BC out on the 29 today

4265 still at WA tottering around the Alumwell

The Real 4778

Quote from: j789 on December 30, 2015, 05:50:25 PM
I have just finished reading a bo0ok about the Volvo Aisla (And Citybus) by Stewart Wilson. I got it for a bargain £6.99 at the Works book shop. Really interesting read about its development and the operators who bought both vehicles. I didn't realise that at one point ijn the early 80s West Midlands were interested in buying some more (prob 'W' reg era) but were prevented by the county council. I have never been on one but the book  describes them being very noisy for the passenger because of where the engine was. Any drivers/ passengers who did drive or go on them, what were they like? I have driven Metrobuses and Olympians from similar eras, were they similar to drive or very different?

Rode the entire Sutton fleet many times to and from Birmingham on the 42, 107 and 113 en route to, or more usually from school.  After the Dudley/ Oldbury majority moved to Walsall we used to thrash around on the 375/6/7 too, and then in their final summer when the survivors were based at Perry Barr, many desperate leaps were had all over the place.  The buses just had so much character - apart from that lovely Alexander styling, the noise they made was awesome.  They were great fun, and driven hard they seemed to fly, especially compared to the Fleetlines.
Don't you start.

busfan2847

Quote from: The Real 4778 on January 06, 2016, 05:16:56 PM
Rode the entire Sutton fleet many times to and from Birmingham on the 42, 107 and 113 en route to, or more usually from school.  After the Dudley/ Oldbury majority moved to Walsall we used to thrash around on the 375/6/7 too, and then in their final summer when the survivors were based at Perry Barr, many desperate leaps were had all over the place.  The buses just had so much character - apart from that lovely Alexander styling, the noise they made was awesome.  They were great fun, and driven hard they seemed to fly, especially compared to the Fleetlines.

and Perry Barr preferred them on rail replacements. I enjoyed a summer Sunday journey to Leicester from New St on 4776 in May 1985. It did fly - we charged along the M6 and M69 like a wailing banshee!

When the main batch arrived 4527-9 and 4768-87 were allocated to Sutton and 4738-72 at Oldbury. When Sutton closed in Jan 84 4527-9 entered store at PB never to be used again, 4773-87 moved to PB and 4768-72 joined the rest at Oldbury. When Oldbury closed in Jan 86 4738-72 moved to Walsall and in Oct 86 these joined the rest at Perry Barr. 4738-87 were sold to London Transport in 1987.

Oldbury was also the base for a Mk II Ailsa 7053 (TGG386W). This was painted in Metrobus livery during it's stay in 1981. It was GGPTE A10. I remember this being a little more refined and quieter than the Mk I vehicles. I do not know if it was as fast as I caught it on the 87.

Busman Jamie

More presidents to WA please!!! beautiful buses

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 09, 2016, 02:06:48 PM
More presidents to WA please!!! beautiful buses

I was never keen on them until I drove 4072 and was really impressed!

Busman Jamie

i caught that today :) Walsall-Wednesfield... I do prefer 4073 though :)

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 09, 2016, 09:34:01 PM
i caught that today :) Walsall-Wednesfield... I do prefer 4073 though :)

That's the only one I e drove so far lol

GeminiFan1991

The Amazon services are terminating on the 16th (I'm led to believe) so the Plaxtons may be potentially leaving WA
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Westy

Do the Amazon services go out to tender again(& picked up by another operator!) or is that it?

How far is Amazon from Rugeley train station?

(I'd ask my second cousin, but I only see him once in a blue moon)

GeminiFan1991

I dont think so, the bus service only started when more and more people started to get employed (From September) for the Christmas peak time and with most gone and the PVR for the services reduced again its time for it to stop.

Being an employee I've heard that this year more people are coming from the West Midlands area so if the loadings are high enough, NX will continue to run it as their is no profit for them to run buses on a loss. 1 driver stated the 16th last week and this has been confirmed by agency staff at Amazon.

Their are 2 train stations in Rugeley (Rugeley Town & Trent Valley) both are give or take 30 minute walks
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk