News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on December 30, 2015, 12:58:21 PM
All this talk of WN being a 'dumping ground' because BC gets rid of two 3 year old buses and gains one 11 year old bus. Lets not forget BC have gained 4129 and 4130, although maybe temporary.
BC still operate a number of 41xx Tridents which are often the oldest buses operating in Birmingham City Centre.

Correct

No-where is the 'dumping ground'
I get a request to move vehicles for various reasons and just work out the easiest/cheapest possible solution

Trident 4194

I would prefer to have a garage of old buses from a bus enthusiasts point of view. I'm sure many others will agree, certainly @Liverpool Street

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 30, 2015, 02:40:28 PM
I would prefer to have a garage of old buses from a bus enthusiasts point of view. I'm sure many others will agree, certainly @Liverpool Street

Older the better! @Trident 4194
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

DavieDD2

Oh for the days when Tayside's depot was full of the glorious Volvo Ailsas... :)

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 30, 2015, 03:16:12 PM
Older the better! @Trident 4194

Definitely! Whilst the MMC's are the easiest and nicest to drive I hate them, so boring!

j789

Quote from: DavieDD2 on December 30, 2015, 04:23:14 PM
Oh for the days when Tayside's depot was full of the glorious Volvo Ailsas... :)

I have just finished reading a bo0ok about the Volvo Aisla (And Citybus) by Stewart Wilson. I got it for a bargain £6.99 at the Works book shop. Really interesting read about its development and the operators who bought both vehicles. I didn't realise that at one point ijn the early 80s West Midlands were interested in buying some more (prob 'W' reg era) but were prevented by the county council. I have never been on one but the book  describes them being very noisy for the passenger because of where the engine was. Any drivers/ passengers who did drive or go on them, what were they like? I have driven Metrobuses and Olympians from similar eras, were they similar to drive or very different?

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on December 30, 2015, 11:02:15 AM
4595 now on way WN - BC

I know I said this a few weeks back, but 29 going double deck perhaps?

Westy

Years ago, Walsall did finish off the Lynxes & years before that, the ex Coventry area Fleetlines, despite not having operated either type for a few years!

Stevo

Quote from: j789 on December 30, 2015, 05:50:25 PM
I have just finished reading a bo0ok about the Volvo Aisla (And Citybus) by Stewart Wilson. I got it for a bargain £6.99 at the Works book shop. Really interesting read about its development and the operators who bought both vehicles. I didn't realise that at one point ijn the early 80s West Midlands were interested in buying some more (prob 'W' reg era) but were prevented by the county council. I have never been on one but the book  describes them being very noisy for the passenger because of where the engine was. Any drivers/ passengers who did drive or go on them, what were they like? I have driven Metrobuses and Olympians from similar eras, were they similar to drive or very different?
The Ailsas were great. I was only a passenger, but they had such character. The alternator drive screamed away, the back axles whined, the engine was not quiet and the gearbox sang away merrily. I think drivers quite liked them as the cab was well laid out and they had power steering which Fleetlines delivered at the same time didn't have. But they were sweatboxes in hot weather. WMPTE fitted them with fans to cool the driver. I was sorry to see them go but you could then ride on them in London - positively bizarre!

Tony

2121, 2123 both now at WN
2121 on the 59
2123 on the 11

4596; 4606 now at BC

Tony

Quote from: Nathan on December 31, 2015, 04:08:10 PM
Is 2121 a change bus? Didn't see on the 59 earlier.

They both are as they only arrived today!

2121 replaced 4559

Mike K

Presumably then, as Winston posted, there are at least 13 more Tridents (4595 to 4607) coming into BC, with possibly 2115 to 2127 going the other way? That must be near enough to convert the 29 to DD operation, can't see what other route the influx of Tridents to BC would be needed for.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on December 31, 2015, 04:24:39 PM
Presumably then, as Winston posted, there are at least 13 more Tridents (4595 to 4607) coming into BC, with possibly 2115 to 2127 going the other way? That must be near enough to convert the 29 to DD operation, can't see what other route the influx of Tridents to BC would be needed for.

Not necessarily, hardly going to move 4597-605 with 529 branding applied

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2015, 04:32:13 PM

Fair enough. Trying to work out which BC route might convert to DD operation

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2015, 04:32:13 PM

@Mike K I did say they may move 'eventually' ie to keep blocks of fleet numbers together as current policy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk