News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Swift GO

Started by WyreForestShuttle, June 29, 2020, 07:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bususer28

I've probably missed it but two questions:
1. Can a normal swift card be used or have they brought in a new card?
2. Are there any plans to bring in contactless capping for swift go like it is with NX or in London at the moment?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: bususer28 on February 02, 2021, 05:24:53 PM
2. Are there any plans to bring in contactless capping for swift go like it is with NX or in London at the moment?

Hi @bususer28

I think in 'normal times' it would have been a direct replacement in the long term....but as this  is not 'normal times' yet  I think people are still using the onld swift cards with other people using the new one... 😁 I don't really know but I am guessing here...

To answer your other question I think NX have but not to sure with the Swift Go but I know they have with the normal contactless.. May be @Tony can comment?

Stu

Quote from: bususer28 on February 02, 2021, 05:24:53 PM

See the Swift website for everything you need to know:
https://wmnetwork.co.uk/swift/swift-for-you/swift-go/

You can add Swift Go to an existing Swift photocard, otherwise you'll need a new card.

Swift Go is all about capping so you never pay more than the equivalent 'day-rate' no matter how many journeys you make in a day.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

DJ

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 02, 2021, 03:04:32 PM
I think in time they'll get scanneres to allow this to happen. it may be the case that when you 'tap in' you 'tap in' on the drivers scanner. then when you get off you 'tap off'  at the bus stop or on a different scanner on the bus... Whixh will then show where you got off that service.

I doubt they'd consider having 'tap off' scanners at the stops, it'd be a lot easier to fit them to the buses, and I can guarantee a lot of them would get vandalised at stops.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: DJ on February 02, 2021, 08:22:00 PM
I doubt they'd consider having 'tap off' scanners at the stops, it'd be a lot easier to fit them to the buses, and I can guarantee a lot of them would get vandalised at stops.

You are right @DJ about vandalism at stops... I only suggeted it as an option but it would make more sense to have them added to the bus.. 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 02, 2021, 08:54:16 PM
You are right @DJ about vandalism at stops... I only suggeted it as an option but it would make more sense to have them added to the bus.. 😁

Also have the problem of some remote stops with no electricity, similarly if the journey is between two counties, one of which won't install them

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 02, 2021, 08:59:27 PM
Also have the problem of some remote stops with no electricity, similarly if the journey is between two counties, one of which won't install them

Your also right @Tony.

I forgot about the cross boundary services.. 😁 I normally wouldn't!! 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk