News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Swift GO

Started by WyreForestShuttle, June 29, 2020, 07:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/news/new-swift-go-guarantees-best-value-fare-on-metro/
TFWM have released some information on SWIFT GO. It's on the Metro right now but will be introduced on buses later this year and on trains next year.

Stuharris 6360

I seriously wonder now if SwiftGo will be much of a success.

I have a swift card because I wanted the flexibility of being able to travel when and where I wanted without the need to ensure I have the right change. I never wanted a contactless payment card.

However the coronavirus has changed it for me and possible many people, I now have a contactless card and therefore SwiftGo wouldn't be of much use to me.

I know in London contactless is a serious rival to the Oyster card
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Busboy105

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 23, 2020, 03:38:01 PM
I seriously wonder now if SwiftGo will be much of a success.

I have a swift card because I wanted the flexibility of being able to travel when and where I wanted without the need to ensure I have the right change. I never wanted a contactless payment card.

However the coronavirus has changed it for me and possible many people, I now have a contactless card and therefore SwiftGo wouldn't be of much use to me.

I know in London contactless is a serious rival to the Oyster card
Are you going to still use contactless after the coronavirus goes away?
I prefer using the Oyster/SWIFT because the money takes forever to be taken away from your bank account.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 23, 2020, 03:47:04 PM
Are you going to still use contactless after the coronavirus goes away?
I prefer using the Oyster/SWIFT because the money takes forever to be taken away from your bank account.

Contactless is easy and it shouldn't take anymore time than a normal transaction to clear your bank.

I was "afraid" if that is the best way to put it of the technology, but now I have it, it's made things so much easier.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

aSingh

So I'm taking part in the WMCA Swift Go NX staff trial which will be expanded to buses probably early next year. Don't have alot of information at the moment but today I have just been sent a 4 week Swift Pass which has been uploaded to my GPay app. Haven't uploaded it to the Swift on mobile app as I have no idea how to but waiting for instructions.
Singh

karl724223

Well there is your first notes to write down
Clearer instructions on how to download or load it onto devices

aSingh

Quote from: karl724223 on October 23, 2020, 07:31:47 PM
Well there is your first notes to write down
Clearer instructions on how to download or load it onto devices

Yes I shall do that.
Singh

Bus Man K2

What's the thought on this new pass.? is it available for the general public to download now or is it still only available to staff?

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 01, 2021, 07:32:53 PM
What's the thought on this new pass.? is it available for the general public to download now or is it still only available to staff?

https://wmnetwork.co.uk/swift/swift-for-you/swift-go/

It's been available on Metro trams for some time, but it looks like it is available on buses too now, though they kept that announcement quiet.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2021, 07:41:15 PM
https://wmnetwork.co.uk/swift/swift-for-you/swift-go/

It's been available on Metro trams for some time, but it looks like it is available on buses too now, though they kept that announcement quiet.

Thanks @Stu...

They did keep it quiet... even I didnt pick up on, it!!! That's a first even for me!! 😁 Normally I'm up on all this!! 😁

Do you know if it's going to be available on train as well, or don't you know? It doesn't matter if you don't know..

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 01, 2021, 07:46:48 PM
Thanks @Stu...

They did keep it quiet... even I didnt pick up on, it!!! That's a first even for me!! 😁 Normally I'm up on all this!! 😁

Do you know if it's going to be available on train as well, or don't you know? It doesn't matter if you don't know..

You know now as much as I do. Read back through this thread.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2021, 08:30:08 PM
You know now as much as I do. Read back through this thread.

I didn't know if you get email regarding updates on this!! 😁 I know you've linked the website in your llast post but I didn't know if you had heard/seen any more... obviously not then!! 😁

V89MOA

Such a shame they have not bothered to match the Local/Outer Birmingham Daysaver that National Express offer here in Birmingham with an Nbus equivalent, despite matching the Black Country ones of course, same old story. Cash is still king here it seems!

metrocity

Quote from: V89MOA on February 01, 2021, 09:46:31 PM
Such a shame they have not bothered to match the Local/Outer Birmingham Daysaver that National Express offer here in Birmingham with an Nbus equivalent, despite matching the Black Country ones of course, same old story. Cash is still king here it seems!
You cant buy 'short hop' fares either as there is no 'tap off' function either..

Bus Man K2

Quote from: metrocity on February 02, 2021, 03:22:58 AM
You cant buy 'short hop' fares either as there is no 'tap off' function either..

I think in time they'll get scanneres to allow this to happen. it may be the case that when you 'tap in' you 'tap in' on the drivers scanner. then when you get off you 'tap off'  at the bus stop or on a different scanner on the bus... Whixh will then show where you got off that service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk