News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service changes from 4th December, 2016

Started by Steve3229vp, November 03, 2016, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 30, 2016, 09:21:04 PM
What about the link between Bartley Green and the QE?

Personally I'd remove the 98 and bring back the 62, curtailing it at Rednal and maybe the 63 back to Rubery Great Park. So you'd have the X61, 62 & 63. Possibly increase the frequency of the 99 to cover the loss of the 98.

Er no. 

The 98 provides a link between the Q.E. University and City Centre, and between Northfield and the Q.E.  A lot of people who work at the University/Q,E. live in Northfield or its environs and given how bad the Cross City line is at present it is a much more comfortable alternative.   It is miles more successful than the X62 predeccesor.   

In terms of the changes we'll see what happens.  Certainly if there are capacity issues on the 63 I'm sure NXWM will have a plan to address it.

Sayeed

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on December 01, 2016, 08:49:54 PM
Er no. 

The 98 provides a link between the Q.E. University and City Centre, and between Northfield and the Q.E.  A lot of people who work at the University/Q,E. live in Northfield or its environs and given how bad the Cross City line is at present it is a much more comfortable alternative.   It is miles more successful than the X62 predeccesor.   

In terms of the changes we'll see what happens.  Certainly if there are capacity issues on the 63 I'm sure NXWM will have a plan to address it.

That's what I thought as well and I hope they won't make any route changes to the X64. I like the way it is at the moment, it's good to have an alternative route for me to get home than waiting for 99. Btw, X64 is only route that provides link between Bartley Green and QEHB since the route change on the 48
Век живи - век учись

MasterPlan

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on December 01, 2016, 08:49:54 PM
Er no. 

Fair enough. I just feel that they've messed about with the X64 way too much. Personally I still think they shouldn't have changed it from the 21 but as that's not gona change back then I'd keep it as it is.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: 2900 on November 16, 2016, 10:53:51 AM
I,ll just place this here it's starting a week earlier than planned.
From Sunday the 27/11/16 Dudley rd services will revert back to there original route before paradise circus closed nearly 2 years a go , but from what I,ve seen from the maps is when the 82/87 come out from the tunnel it will turn left into carrs lane then follow existing route to colmore row then left Margaret st left great Charles st right summer row.
I would have thought keeping Dudley rd services out of carrs lane lower bull st would have eased congestion in what is nitemare situation to navigate , surely continuing along moor st and bus mall makes more sense and safer too. To me any way the square peg  stop should be given to the Sutton Coldfield services they could with another parking space , I,ve lost count on the times when I,m waiting my time there a Sutton bus pulls in front with Arse end out trapping me.

Just to clarify got the dates mixed up route changes 4/12/16 and the 27/11/16 was new rota/duties changes for the smethwick rota

monkeyjoe

How are the new services in particular in Bristol rd services being received with first rush hour out of the way, any comments from the field ?

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 05, 2016, 06:39:50 PM
How are the new services in particular in Bristol rd services being received with first rush hour out of the way, any comments from the field ?

I got the X2 this morning and this evening, no real difference from when it was the 957, certainly no visible evidence of passengers being 'confused' by the route number changes.  8)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

One "blonde moment" kinda scenario from me
Saw a bus I thought was the X51
Panicked that I'd miss it
Turned out to be the X5
Threw me a bit
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on December 05, 2016, 06:59:11 PM
One "blonde moment" kinda scenario from me
Saw a bus I thought was the X51
Panicked that I'd miss it
Turned out to be the X5
Threw me a bit

I sort of nearly came close; while I was stood at the Bordesley station stop, the traffic was just at a crawl, I'd just checked on the app  and saw the X2 was 'due' in 2mins, then as I looked up, I could just see a Platinum crawling around the corner, but all I could see on the front display was the first C, so I presumed an X1 had appeared out of nowhere. Started to hurry up with the ciggie I was smoking, only for the bus to creep a little further around the corner, and then revealed itself as a 60 to Cranes Park.  :-[
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

How come the X1 don't dont go right in to the business Park goes along the main Rd

monkeyjoe

I used to work at Xerox a  just a "few" years ago and I would say the reason at the key times traffic can be carnage to enter and leave and from the business park is a short walk way which leads straight to the amend 97 terminus ; it was one big layby so more buses can stop and use it etc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk