News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service changes from 4th December, 2016

Started by Steve3229vp, November 03, 2016, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I,ll just place this here it's starting a week earlier than planned.
From Sunday the 27/11/16 Dudley rd services will revert back to there original route before paradise circus closed nearly 2 years a go , but from what I,ve seen from the maps is when the 82/87 come out from the tunnel it will turn left into carrs lane then follow existing route to colmore row then left Margaret st left great Charles st right summer row.
I would have thought keeping Dudley rd services out of carrs lane lower bull st would have eased congestion in what is nitemare situation to navigate , surely continuing along moor st and bus mall makes more sense and safer too. To me any way the square peg  stop should be given to the Sutton Coldfield services they could with another parking space , I,ve lost count on the times when I,m waiting my time there a Sutton bus pulls in front with Arse end out trapping me.

John

Quote from: 2900 on November 16, 2016, 10:53:51 AM
I,ll just place this here it's starting a week earlier than planned.
From Sunday the 27/11/16 Dudley rd services will revert back to there original route before paradise circus closed nearly 2 years a go , but from what I,ve seen from the maps is when the 82/87 come out from the tunnel it will turn left into carrs lane then follow existing route to colmore row then left Margaret st left great Charles st right summer row.
I would have thought keeping Dudley rd services out of carrs lane lower bull st would have eased congestion in what is nitemare situation to navigate , surely continuing along moor st and bus mall makes more sense and safer too. To me any way the square peg  stop should be given to the Sutton Coldfield services they could with another parking space , I,ve lost count on the times when I,m waiting my time there a Sutton bus pulls in front with Arse end out trapping me.

Especially when there are three Sutton buses there at the same time as the back one has to use the 82/7 stop
Reminds me of the incident I had with an 87 last week. I had to use the 87 stop as a 914, I had pulled out and had stopped behind a 934 in a queue of 3 buses waiting to get into Old Square. A Dudley Road driver tried to squeeze round on the right. I was already pulled out with the right indicator still on. He managed to get in front so I went round and went back in front. If I was still at the stop, and it came round, then fine

If there's an 87 trying to pull out, then I will let them rather than blocking them in as I pull into the stop

monkeyjoe

With reference to the Bristol Rd services. I don't know how busy the Carrs Lane stop is and I know the new services will share stops on Moor Street and New street.

I am just curious how with the one service using the Carrs Lane stop what the q's will be like with effectively less buses on the corridor stopping there.

I imagine they must be trying to reduce traffic along that stretch.

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 19, 2016, 07:52:02 AM
With reference to the Bristol Rd services. I don't know how busy the Carrs Lane stop is and I know the new services will share stops on Moor Street and New street.

I am just curious how with the one service using the Carrs Lane stop what the q's will be like with effectively less buses on the corridor stopping there.

I imagine they must be trying to reduce traffic along that stretch.

Ergo suggestion to move the 63 as well, free up Carrs Lane
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

B.C Driver

I hope that they will start to advertise the new X61 - especially stopping points.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

monkeyjoe

I can see a recipe for carnage on the Bristol Rd Corridor

Steve3229vp

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 20, 2016, 12:36:24 PM
I can see a recipe for carnage on the Bristol Rd Corridor
I agree, the new changes to Bristol Road will last 6 months at the most, I can't see how the passengers from Frankley Beeches being happy with a 15 minute service and I sure a 7 minute service on the 63 is not needed

Kevin

Has there been any advertising on buses?
Spent the day around Uni and Selly Oak today and didn't notice anything on stops about it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BigDaddyCool

Nothing on buses from what I've seen. It doesn't surprise me though, I honestly believe that they think everyone has access to the internet and will find updates on there. I remember the good ol' days of brightly coloured A4 paper on the window advising  (in plenty of time) of any upcoming changes. It's no wonder come thequipped day there is so much confusion.

Stu

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on November 21, 2016, 06:49:34 AM
Nothing on buses from what I've seen. It doesn't surprise me though, I honestly believe that they think everyone has access to the internet and will find updates on there. I remember the good ol' days of brightly coloured A4 paper on the window advising  (in plenty of time) of any upcoming changes. It's no wonder come thequipped day there is so much confusion.

This morning, I noticed on the real-time display at the Swan Island stop on Coventry Road (Broadyates Road), there was a scrolling message informing of the 900 and 957 becoming the X1 and X2 respectively from 4th December. The printed timetables also have been updated and show the new X1/X2 timetables.

Also this evening, I did see a A4 poster stuck to a downstairs window (while on 6833 on the 957) which also points out the forthcoming route number changes for the 900 and 957.

So it is good to see some notice being given to passengers. But will passengers take any notice of the notices?  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Quote from: Stu on November 25, 2016, 08:15:09 PM
This morning, I noticed on the real-time display at the Swan Island stop on Coventry Road (Broadyates Road), there was a scrolling message informing of the 900 and 957 becoming the X1 and X2 respectively from 4th December. The printed timetables also have been updated and show the new X1/X2 timetables.

Also this evening, I did see a A4 poster stuck to a downstairs window (while on 6833 on the 957) which also points out the forthcoming route number changes for the 900 and 957.

So it is good to see some notice being given to passengers. But will passengers take any notice of the notices?  ;)

They are advertising in the same way on the scrolling board at Perry Barr about the Sutton number changes too. Haven't noticed notices on the buses yet

B.C Driver

I have thought of the ideal solution to the one bus through Selly Oak situation - re-route the X64 back through Selly Oak.
After all there is a direct link to weoley castle from qe, as there is a direct link to Selly Oak  76. The 98 and 99 run from city to qe.
The X64 would be quicker and give Selly Oak passengers an extra bus to the solitary 63.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

MasterPlan

Quote from: B.C Driver on November 30, 2016, 07:10:28 PM
I have thought of the ideal solution to the one bus through Selly Oak situation - re-route the X64 back through Selly Oak.
After all there is a direct link to weoley castle from qe, as there is a direct link to Selly Oak  76. The 98 and 99 run from city to qe.
The X64 would be quicker and give Selly Oak passengers an extra bus to the solitary 63.

What about the link between Bartley Green and the QE?

Personally I'd remove the 98 and bring back the 62, curtailing it at Rednal and maybe the 63 back to Rubery Great Park. So you'd have the X61, 62 & 63. Possibly increase the frequency of the 99 to cover the loss of the 98.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 30, 2016, 09:21:04 PM
What about the link between Bartley Green and the QE?

Personally I'd remove the 98 and bring back the 62, curtailing it at Rednal and maybe the 63 back to Rubery Great Park. So you'd have the X61, 62 & 63. Possibly increase the frequency of the 99 to cover the loss of the 98.

How many extra buses would that cost?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on November 30, 2016, 09:23:30 PM
How many extra buses would that cost?

I'm not saying a massive increase in frequency, just maybe every 15 mins instead of 20. Probably the same with the 62
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk